F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Typical now I'm commited to the Necromancy path I find another tome I needed for the Rift mage one. Damn annoying that :#

What specialization did you choose for your Inquisitor @Hughesy?

Once I beat Inquisition will probably finish the DVD sets and that I'm currently watching then go through the DA's again as I want to see if what I've learnt from this playthrough helps me do better in my next one especially in DAO as I know there have been moments in both DAO and in Inquisition which I think if I played again I would do differently. I am enjoying the games though so it'll definitely be worth while. Not so much in DA2 as I think things went well in that one but I would like to play the DLC's and see how I get on with them now I've bought them. I definetely feel that I could have done better in DAO and Inquisition  mostly in the early stages of both games though.

I will probably stick with the same strategy in terms of playing as a mage as I love the idea of freezing enemies on the spot and throwing fireballs and whatever at range. The only thing I might change about DA2 is I might try as a female Hawke as I went male on this one

I'm now ploughing through collecting all the Enigma datapacks in Batman Origins. There are so many of them :# I left them until now as you can't get them all until later in the game when you have all the gadgets. All this just to hack a door in Enigma's HQ, but I want to do everything before moving onto the next game (which is actually the first game)  Arkham Asylum. I'm excited about getting onto that game, as I haven't played it in years.

I've gone back to Hitman Absolution lol. Trying to beat your level scores, and I think for about half the ones I've done I have, but it's hard to say for sure cos it only tells me your score at the start of the level. Don't know how to compare otherwise.

I've gone back to Hitman Absolution lol. Trying to beat your level scores, and I think for about half the ones I've done I have, but it's hard to say for sure cos it only tells me your score at the start of the level. Don't know how to compare otherwise.
I never got far in Absolution, don't know why but it didn't hook me in like the other Hitman games. I'm going to try it again at some point though.

My oh my. Now I really do feel powerful. :p  I just killed one of the high dragons without any of my team dying in fact I don't think we used any health potions either. I've also proved my theory is correct in that the dragons are especially vulnerable to the cold (winter tree) powers

Hughesy said:
I never got far in Absolution, don't know why but it didn't hook me in like the other Hitman games. I'm going to try it again at some point though.
Tbh, I hated it at release :p Played the whole game on 360 and traded it as soon as I was done with it. Butgoing back to it I am enjoying it finally lol, finding it a lot easier to stealth entire levels than I did before which is cool :) 

@RevolvingPrawn‌ Got a 25% off code for Dying Light on Greenmangaming. So it's £29.99 using the code, £10 cheaper than Steam. Still haven't made my mind up yet about buying it.

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌ Got a 25% off code for Dying Light on Greenmangaming. So it's £29.99 using the code, £10 cheaper than Steam. Still haven't made my mind up yet about buying it.
Lucky bugger lol. I had planned on getting it from a key shop, settled on G2Play, but then you get to the checkout and they start adding on the VAT then lol. So it ended up being £31 from them, which just made me think I'd be better off just getting it from Steam. The G2Play one didn't come with Be The Zombie but Steam did so...

Looks like a fun game though, like a much better version of Dead Island.

Yea it does look fun, not got long to decide....

Just completed the story of Batman Origins, still haven't found all the Enigma datapacks though :( Most show up on the map but a few don't, might give up as its frustrating me.  :#

Lol last time PSN went offline we got free games, this time vvv

Email:
"We are giving you a 5-day PlayStation®Plus membership starting on January 29th. The extension will be applied automatically and no action is necessary to receive the extension.

This is to thank you for your patience during the PSN service interruption over the holidays and applies to all PlayStation Plus members that had an active membership or free trial on December 25th.

If you renew your PS Plus membership before January 29th, then your 5 days of PS Plus will be added to the end of your membership.

In addition, we will be offering a discount code to all PSN members for a one-time 10% discount off a total cart purchase of Games and Add-Ons in the PlayStation®Store available to be used between January 23rd and January 26th. The discount code will be made available on the PlayStation Store home page. See the official terms for more details."

LOL I have a years subscription, so I'm sure 5 extra days will really help, how kind o:)

Last time it went offline it was for a month and there was a massive data breach.

So I started up Steam and it froze, Waited 5 minutes but nope, didn't come back. Soft reset the PC.

Turned Steam back on, it's deleted DOTA; the only game I'm playing at the moment.

FML.

After completing Batman Origins, I've started Arkham Asylum. Playing it at 4K I must say the game has aged well. First time I've got to use PhysX in this game, as when I played it I had an ATI (now AMD) 5850 so couldn't use it.

Playing through them all ready for Batman Arkham Night, just wish it was coming out a few months earlier. Sad it won't be using Unreal Engine 4, but a juiced up version of 3. Probably because they started making the game before UE4 was finished. I'm sure it'll look great though, especially with the PhysX effects :)

GP World just gets better! Despite still having room for sponsors on my car, I've already got more money next season than I do now. I've just had a 1-2 at Belgium, but the rain has ruined hospitality. I have completed my deal with Ford to give me fixed cash income at each race, full R&D control and priority, I have everything set for next season and if I can sign the last few sponsors and negotiate full R&D terms with Goodyear, I'll be unstoppable!

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
What is GP World? Is it that really old F1 manager sim, or something else?
Yeah, that's the one. I love it!
Haven't played it for many years, but spend a lot of time on it. :) Got confused for a minute as I loved Grand Prix World, thought there was some new game called GP World  that I didn't know about. Wish Codemasters would make a similar game, don't think it would have a huge market though.

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Nice to see a young lad into a game that came out around the time he was born ;)

Metal Gear (not Solid) came out the year I was born, and that series of games have influenced how I think about video games in a huge way :)

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Nice to see a young lad into a game that came out around the time he was born ;)

Metal Gear (not Solid) came out the year I was born, and that series of games have influenced how I think about video games in a huge way :)

yeah I've played that as well not suer if I still have it but it may be hiding somewhere but right now I'm busy slaying dragons in fact just killed the first of the Emprise du Lion ones as there are 3 of them in that area.

We've al heard of Buffy the Vampier Slayer but my Inqiusitor is Gina the Dragon Slayer :p

I still have my PS2 copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (along with Metal Gear Solid PS1, and Metal Gear Solid 2 PS2, and the same PS2 console, still working, that I bought on release day) :) It came with Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 on one of the 3 discs. Needless to say, it's a collection that I'm hoping to keep with me till the day I die!

I still have my PS2 copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (along with Metal Gear Solid PS1, and Metal Gear Solid 2 PS2, and the same PS2 console, still working, that I bought on release day) :) It came with Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 on one of the 3 discs. Needless to say, it's a collection that I'm hoping to keep with me till the day I die!
Is it you @Herby007‌ ? :p

mike96 said:
Is it you @Herby007‌ ? :p

Lol, I'm sure @Herby007 and I have spoken about our mutual MGS love on the forums before ;)