The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
Really hooked playing Dying Light, it's much better than I thought it would be. :) Anyone who thought Dead Island was good would love this. It's a lot more serious compared to that game, and the atmosphere is creepier. 
I hate that you're at home playing it while I'm stuck at work lol. I did the Mothers Day mission last night after messing around with settings, and it is a properly good game. Like I said to you last night, it makes me think of Dead Island, Mirrors Edge, and the Metro games all rolled into one :)

Hughesy said:
Really hooked playing Dying Light, it's much better than I thought it would be. :) Anyone who thought Dead Island was good would love this. It's a lot more serious compared to that game, and the atmosphere is creepier. 
I hate that you're at home playing it while I'm stuck at work lol. I did the Mothers Day mission last night after messing around with settings, and it is a properly good game. Like I said to you last night, it makes me think of Dead Island, Mirrors Edge, and the Metro games all rolled into one :)
 o:)  It is a great game, and you're spot on, it's like those three games rolled into one. It's a huge improvement over Dead Island, and once you get going is addictive. I just jumped off a building and kicked  a zombie into spikes on a fence B)  I took a picture and I'll put it on here later. Didn't have Shadowplay running so couldn't record it.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
 o:)  It is a great game, and you're spot on, it's like those three games rolled into one. It's a huge improvement over Dead Island, and once you get going is addictive. I just jumped off a building and kicked  a zombie into spikes on a fence B)  I took a picture and I'll put it on here later. Didn't have Shadowplay running so couldn't record it.
Lol, I was dropkicking zombies into spikes and luring them into fires last night :D You might have a bit of trouble with ShadowPlay though bud. When you alt+tab to desktop, does the game minimise to the taskbar or keep running in the background for you? Mine ran in the background and wouldn't minimise, which then wouldn't let me take any screenshots through Steam. So I imagine trying to use ShadowPlay might not work properly either, unless you run it in desktop capture which sometimes doesn't give you any audio :s

Sometimes it minimises and sometimes it doesn't. I've just got to the part with that massive zombie with a big hammer :# 

Hmm, I'll do some minimising experiments lol.

Quick hint for the big zombie, throw some firecrackers at a gas can ;)
Ah I didn't think about that, me stupid....lol 

You don't need to kill him, but I want to anyway >:)

Hughesy said:
Hmm, I'll do some minimising experiments lol.

Quick hint for the big zombie, throw some firecrackers at a gas can ;)
Ah I didn't think about that, me stupid....lol 

You don't need to kill him, but I want to anyway >:)
sounds a bit ilke me with the DA dragons in the Emprise du Lion I didn't have to kill them I don't think in theend but I wanted to because I wanted to see just how good I could get my armour up especially as being a mage I was only using light armour. I think I csan get it higher than I did if I farmed more for stuff but that's for another playthrough which I'll do later. I've just been relaxing and enjoying my Star Trek Voyager DVD's again along with playting one of my old favourite Star Trek games Bridge Commander. Still is one of my favourite games although ME is one of the few games for me that beat it.

Trying to find a gun to give to a bloke on Dying Light. It's doing my nut in, so far I've lock picked 3 or 4 police vans, but each one only had a knife inside :s There's always loads of zombies around, so it can be very hard, as the locks on the vans are very hard ones to pick, especially under pressure.

I'm leaving that mission for later in the game :p Figured guns would be hard to come by so I'll just give him one when I stumble across one.
Yea they are, but are mainly found in police vans ;) I just drop kicked a zombie off a roof top, and he then smashed through a wooden roof below B) That felt good.

I have to admit though that after playing Dragon Age Inquisition and seeing what Bioware did with it it's making me want the next Mass Effect game even more as it's definitely an awesome game. Both gameplay wise and visually

A sign I've played a lot of Dying Light the last 2 days: Got a bag of chips for lunch, one of the chips was half blueish black, my first thought was 'zombie chip' not bruised potato or whatever it's called.

Can't believe @RevolvingPrawn and I are the only two that have Dying Light here, honestly it's the best game I've played in a long time. Once you start playing it's hard to stop, nothing more satisfying than drop kicking a zombie off a rooftop and seeing it crash through a wooden roof B)

I'm surprised too that out of my Steam friends only you have it bud. It's like if Dead Island had actually been an awesome game, it'd have been named Dying Light. Think I've got like 9-10 hours on the game so far and still feel as if I've barely scratched the surface with it so far, definitely has a fair bit of content to keep you entertained!

I'm surprised too that out of my Steam friends only you have it bud. It's like if Dead Island had actually been an awesome game, it'd have been named Dying Light. Think I've got like 9-10 hours on the game so far and still feel as if I've barely scratched the surface with it so far, definitely has a fair bit of content to keep you entertained!
Same here, and I've played for many hours already and still keep getting that wow factor. Think of all the games that get hyped and turn out average, then there's a game like this that hasn't, and turns out to be awesome! I wasn't that excited about it before buying it, I thought it would be a good game, but so far it's blown my mind.

Hughesy said:
Same here, and I've played for many hours already and still keep getting that wow factor. Think of all the games that get hyped and turn out average, then there's a game like this that hasn't, and turns out to be awesome! I wasn't that excited about it before buying it, I thought it would be a good game, but so far it's blown my mind.
Definitely not an average game this one. I wasn't expecting it to be much different from Dead Island, but it's well surpassed my expectations. 
I think one of my favourite things is the way the game doesn't make you feel like a superhuman who can just bowl over zombies like they were pins. You get out of breath and gradually slow down if you sprint too long, bashing the brains of even 1 zombie destroys your stamina and you gotta bail if there's a bunch around.
Sure, during the day you can avoid them and dodge around them pretty easily, but once it gets to night you feel practically powerless lol. I get scared to use my torch with how many Volatiles are around, so I end up fumbling around in the pitch black, using my minimap and stumbling into numerous zombies. And then when the Volatiles get a whiff and you have to bail, it's proper all out running for your life, quite a damn rush!

Haven't tried co-op yet bud, still building myself up in single player atm :p Even single player is really good though, but I'd recommend the console version over PC right now, at least until they hopefully patch up the stuttering and low FPS problems a lot of people are having.

@Hughesy Just found a new thing, something called a quarantine zone that takes you somewhere off map. I can mark it on a map for you if you want, I'm not gonna go there yet just in case it owns me lol. It says "Bright Mountain Tunnel. Quarantine Zone. Difficulty: Hard." When I stand in front of the door.

Haven't tried co-op yet bud, still building myself up in single player atm :p Even single player is really good though, but I'd recommend the console version over PC right now, at least until they hopefully patch up the stuttering and low FPS problems a lot of people are having.

@Hughesy Just found a new thing, something called a quarantine zone that takes you somewhere off map. I can mark it on a map for you if you want, I'm not gonna go there yet just in case it owns me lol. It says "Bright Mountain Tunnel. Quarantine Zone. Difficulty: Hard." When I stand in front of the door.
I'd rather find it for myself, thanks though mate o:) Unlike Dead Island, this game feels more like a single player game.  If you have friends to play it with it can only get better. Only got it yesterday and a Steam already says I've played for 17 hours, although I do tend to leave games running while I go off to do other things or rest,

@Hughesy Found another thing lol. Not far from the fiahing village, there's a small canyon type area with fences blocking the end. Climbed the fences and there was a small pool of water, jumped in and swam under some rocks and there was a cave on the other side. There's a Very Hard lockpick crate in there but there's also 5 constantly respawning zombies too, soon as you kill all 5, another 5 spawn! Had to bail out and couldn't check the crate.

@Hughesy Found another thing lol. Not far from the fiahing village, there's a small canyon type area with fences blocking the end. Climbed the fences and there was a small pool of water, jumped in and swam under some rocks and there was a cave on the other side. There's a Very Hard lockpick crate in there but there's also 5 constantly respawning zombies too, soon as you kill all 5, another 5 spawn! Had to bail out and couldn't check the crate.
Best thing to do in that situation is to use firecrackers, and lure them away rather than killing them ;) I'll have a look for it when I get back on it, as I'm at that part of the map.