The Game Thread!

I'm not sure bud, most of the people on the thread just said that they had an Asus Xonar card :p It'll probably turn out to be some stupid option I have ticked or turned on that you don't which is getting me lol. Always ends up being something small with these annoyances ;)

Just unlocked grappling hook, awesome B) 

Edit: And I just killed a Volitile. I was fed up running away from them, so thought I'd try killing one. :)

Hughesy said:
Just unlocked grappling hook, awesome B) 

Edit: And I just killed a Volitile. I was fed up running away from them, so thought I'd try killing one. :)
Think you're a fair bit ahead of me now then :p I've been playing Destiny all day, gone up a rank and found some sweet new weapons and gear :) Also, this could be my new favourite game trailer, had me cracking up, can't believe it's actually on the official channel ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4icKXFytWM

@RevolvingPrawn PCgamer review http://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-review/ For me though it's the best game I've played in ages, even with the performance issues. Btw you get the grapple hook via survivor rank at level 12. I get loads of points now, as I do a lot of stuff when it's night. Being sneaky and if needed using flairs. What level are your stats? Mine is 12/13/9, need to get my power level up. I've done 22% of the story.

And now I have another cool ability, I can camouflage myself using blood from a zombie, which also means I can pick locks easier as they won't come after me for a while B)

I've had a look at a few reviews, and to me, it's being given a lower score than it really deserves. The lower PC scores I'd guess are coming from the bad performance, but minus that and it's a bloody cracking game! Not sure on my levels, I haven't played today, felt I needed a change of pace, but I have the camouflage with zombie guts too ;)

Just finished episode 1 of Life is Strange, and for a game that has some cringey girly moments, a few bits of dodgy voice acting, and some pretty bad stereotypes, it was actually pretty awesome. It was like Gone Home meets Telltales The Walking Dead.
You could explore way more than in a Telltale game though, there was more items and clickable things, all of which the main character would comment on. And you had more decisions that affect the story, 4 big ones and 12 smaller ones. And talking of story, it's properly interesting, it fully hooks you in with episode 1, but doesn't actually give you any real answers and leaves you with so many questions. Also, the main character has what I guess would be considered a superpower, but it integrates well into the game, and doesn't make it feel silly. I'd say this is closer to watching a TV series than any other game I've played.
I got the full season for £12 on a Steam key site, and even just one episode in I'd say money well spent and I almost think it's probably worth more than even the £16 it is on Steam. 

Definitely gonna have to play it over again and make different decisions!

I was interested in that game until I found out it's released as episodes, there's no reason to make games like that. Looks like an interesting game, but I won't buy it until it's a full game, and by that time it'll probably be cheaper. o:)

Downloading Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 demo on Steam. Hope it's improved on 14 so I can finally buy a football game after having none for years :disappointed: 

@Hughesy Fair shout I say, I used to do the same with Telltale's games but I've got to the point where I want them as soon as an episode is out :p Even though Telltale take the absolute pish with gaps between episodes now.
When it is a full game though, I'll let you know for sure if it's worth buying, but I'm hugely impressed with episode 1 at least!

Didn't know Techland had a patch out for Dying Light yesterday :) Maxed out all graphics settings and it seems all fine now, even seems to have spread out the load on the CPU more evenly! Love it when a patch doesn't make a game worse (I'm turning a hard glare in your direction Ubisoft).

@Hughesy Fair shout I say, I used to do the same with Telltale's games but I've got to the point where I want them as soon as an episode is out :p Even though Telltale take the absolute pish with gaps between episodes now.
When it is a full game though, I'll let you know for sure if it's worth buying, but I'm hugely impressed with episode 1 at least!

Didn't know Techland had a patch out for Dying Light yesterday :) Maxed out all graphics settings and it seems all fine now, even seems to have spread out the load on the CPU more evenly! Love it when a patch doesn't make a game worse (I'm turning a hard glare in your direction Ubisoft).
Don't think I've had a patch download, I'll have a look later. Like I said in the PC thread, setting view distance to 100% made GPU usage lower when it should be higher. Maybe thats what they fixed.

Edit: You were right, I can max it now. I did post about the issue that I thought was causing the low frame rate last night, and it looks like that's one of the things they fixed. :D

Been having trouble getting the Blood dragon armor to work in ME2 I'm supposed to be entitled to it as I have the Ultimate version of Origins but it's not showing up in my account EA aer looking into the problem.

@RevolvingPrawn Cool halfway through the game, and there's a new map in Dying Light :D

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Cool halfway through the game, and there's a new map in Dying Light :D
I'd heard rumours about that, but I didn't wanna search and spoil any surprise for myself :p Don't tell me anything about it, all I wanna know is if you can go back to the first whenever you want?

Hughesy said:
I'd heard rumours about that, but I didn't wanna search and spoil any surprise for myself :p Don't tell me anything about it, all I wanna know is if you can go back to the first whenever you want?
I'm not actually sure, I think you can. I only just got to it and haven't done anything yet, so I'm not totally sure. I still have side quests from the other map, so I presume I can go back.

After spending some more time with the crew i really don't get all the average reviews. 

The only negatives i can think of is that it is always online, and the micro-transactions that are in your face.

Downloaded the Telltale Game of Thrones today. Only two parts out so far but it's pretty good if you're into the TV show.
I've played through the latest Dragon Age as well. Excellent game. Now the painful wait for the next Mass Effect or remastered trilogy.
Ventured back to nostalgia land and played Tekken too. Ah the memories.

Downloaded the Telltale Game of Thrones today. Only two parts out so far but it's pretty good if you're into the TV show.
I've played through the latest Dragon Age as well. Excellent game. Now the painful wait for the next Mass Effect or remastered trilogy.

Yeah I agree after seeing what they've done with inquisition it's making me even more keen for ME4. We've still got at least another year before we see it though as last I heard it's not coming until 2016. I do think they'll be releasing some bits and pieces about the game this year at the various gaming conventions. I just hope they can fix the issues with ME1's problems with newer processors though if they do rerelease it the black blocks glitch is really annoying.
http://gyazo.com/19ab29ebae8efb0e95ee7fbe4df0cbf2

Fortunately there is a workaround on PC but it's still annoying none the less

Besides I'd be surprised if we didn't see some DLC's in the meantime for inquisition to keep us busy in the meantime as well. Especially as Inquisition has been received pretty positively as far as I know for the most part.

BTW @Wynterdust do you have access to the Blood dragon Armour in ME2 as I know I should have access to it sa I own the ultimate version of Origins as well as ME2 yet it's not showing up on mine

Yeah I agree after seeing what they've done with inquisition it's making me even more keen for ME4. We've still got at least another year before we see it though as last I heard it's not coming until 2016. I do think they'll be releasing some bits and pieces about the game this year at the various gaming conventions. I just hope they can fix the issues with ME1's problems with newer processors though if they do rerelease it the black blocks glitch is really annoying.

Besides I'd be surprised if we didn't see some DLC's in the meantime for inquisition to keep us busy in the meantime as well. Especially as Inquisition has been received pretty positively as far as I know for the most part.

BTW @Wynterdust do you have access to the Blood dragon Armour in ME2 as I know I should have access to it sa I own the ultimate version of Origins as well as ME2 yet it's not showing up on mine

Same here. Going to have to start another playthrough I think as it's been an unusually long time since I last played it and especially since I've had marathons of watching the Farscape TV series. Back in the mood for it again now.
Yeah I'd imagine this year they'll be talking about it now that Inquisition is released. To be honest I'm surprised not much has been released about it since it'll be three years in March since the last one was released. Hopefully it isn't just a simple remaster and they do indeed fix some of the issues, no matter how minor. They have been asking for ideas of what people would want in a remaster so with a bit of luck there might even be some new stuff. Don't know how much exactly though.

There should have been a code in the Origins box. Did you get it brand new or preowned? I don't have the armour myself as I bought Mass Effect quite a while after I had Dragon Age and I completely forgot about the code. By the time I remembered it the code had expired!

Same here. Going to have to start another playthrough I think as it's been an unusually long time since I last played it and especially since I've had marathons of watching the Farscape TV series. Back in the mood for it again now.
Yeah I'd imagine this year they'll be talking about it now that Inquisition is released. To be honest I'm surprised not much has been released about it since it'll be three years in March since the last one was released. Hopefully it isn't just a simple remaster and they do indeed fix some of the issues, no matter how minor. They have been asking for ideas of what people would want in a remaster so with a bit of luck there might even be some new stuff. Don't know how much exactly though.

There should have been a code in the Origins box. Did you get it brand new or preowned? I don't have the armour myself as I bought Mass Effect quite a while after I had Dragon Age and I completely forgot about the code. By the time I remembered it the code had expired!

I think I bought it new as I do that with most of my games as I bought both for PC. I don't tend to go second hand with PC's. You open yourself up to a lot of trouble with second hand PC games as I've found quite a few over the years that don't work so I generally go new. Consoles I sometimes do because it is easier and cheaper to afford the games second hand on the console. Just depends on the game though. I did put in the code and it's accepted it but for some reason it's not showing up so I don't know. it has lft me scratching my head. Shame really as I do like that armour in ME3 I just wish I could use it in 2 as well especially given I'm supposed to be entitled to it. At least I think I am seeing as I own both games

Yeah I've got Farscape on DVD good series. I'm working through Star Trek Voyager again at the moment though. I love all the Star Trek series. I've got a lot of sci fi/fantasy series on DVD.

For me it was the other way around I bought ME first and then DA as I know although they were new copies I do remember getting them on the cheap as I only paid £15 to get both ME's 1 and 2. ME3 is the only one I paid full price for. But after seeing what they had done with 1 and 2 I couldn't resist :p. It was somewhere between getting 1 and 2  and getting 3 that I got DA Origins and DA2. Glad I did though as they're all excellent games. I've got to hand it to Bioware they know how to write excellent stories and make a compelling single player game. I just hope they keep them coming for many years to come.

That's odd then. The only other thing I can think of is whether you got the email in game saying about it. On mine it says the code expired in June 2011 so if you did it after that that could be why it didn't work. I'll have a look on the Bioware forum a bit later and see if there's anything on it.
Yeah one of the best series I've seen in recent years (even if it over a decade old!). The characters are brilliant. They don't make series like they used to. Only been a few recently that I've personally thought are any good. Never got round to watching Star Trek either (I'm very late in starting to watch TV series!) Mass Effect has got me into it all as it was never something I was interested in before. It was only by chance I played Mass Effect as I knew it was made by the same company that made Dragon Age and gave the demo a chance and loved it. I missed out big time but on the positive side it meant I could play all three without having to wait!
Definitely. Yet to play a bad game from them despite some fans saying DA2 and ME3 were supposedly bad games. Didn't see anything wrong with them myself.  They're supposed to be releasing a brand new IP that I think they're announcing this year. No idea what it is yet but quite looking forward to seeing what it is.

@RevolvingPrawn As if Dying Light couldn't get even more awesome! http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dying-light-dev-announces-plans-for-official-pc-mo/1100-6425153/

Saw that a few days ago but I didn't post it cos I figured you'd seen it :p Some awesome news though, the support for this game has been outstanding so far, and it's great! A huge contrast to the 'support' that most companies give their games after release.

Have you seen the options program? Can't remember what it's called exactly, but it lets you change loads of graphical options, a bunch of which aren't in the game options :) 

Saw that a few days ago but I didn't post it cos I figured you'd seen it :p Some awesome news though, the support for this game has been outstanding so far, and it's great! A huge contrast to the 'support' that most companies give their games after release.

Have you seen the options program? Can't remember what it's called exactly, but it lets you change loads of graphical options, a bunch of which aren't in the game options :) 
But they only announced it around an hour ago mate. They said a while back that they support mods, but today they announced proper mod tools.  ;) This proves my point, if they'd announced it a few days ago, PC Gamer would've wrote and article about it then.
http://www.pcgamer.com/techland-prepping-free-dying-light-mod-tools/

Yea I've seen the program, but it's pointless as its only for making the graphics worse, so I won't need it. o:)

Hughesy said:

But they only announced it today mate. They said a while back that they support mods, but today they announced proper mod tools.  ;)
Either way, they said they want to do everything to encourage modders with this game so it's not a surprise ;) But it is awesome!