The Game Thread!

That's odd then. The only other thing I can think of is whether you got the email in game saying about it. On mine it says the code expired in June 2011 so if you did it after that that could be why it didn't work. I'll have a look on the Bioware forum a bit later and see if there's anything on it.
Yeah one of the best series I've seen in recent years (even if it over a decade old!). The characters are brilliant. They don't make series like they used to. Only been a few recently that I've personally thought are any good. Never got round to watching Star Trek either (I'm very late in starting to watch TV series!) Mass Effect has got me into it all as it was never something I was interested in before. It was only by chance I played Mass Effect as I knew it was made by the same company that made Dragon Age and gave the demo a chance and loved it. I missed out big time but on the positive side it meant I could play all three without having to wait!
Definitely. Yet to play a bad game from them despite some fans saying DA2 and ME3 were supposedly bad games. Didn't see anything wrong with them myself.  They're supposed to be releasing a brand new IP that I think they're announcing this year. No idea what it is yet but quite looking forward to seeing what it is.

I didn't see any expiry dates on mine.
I agree and I  can understand why some people  didn't like it but doesn't bother me personally either. I think the ending could have been written better but as for complaining about not covering peoples choices was total BS I think given there was always going to be limitations as at it is just a game and you can only cover so much and I think Biowaer did the best they could with what they had and I always felt even before ME3 came out that Shepard was likely to end up having to sacrifice him/herself in order to stop it in the end anyway.

As for DA I think the series has definitely got better and better as the series has progressed. I personally find Inquisition outstanding and I can see myself wanting to do multiple playthroughs of it eventually so far I've only done 1 but I've already got in mind how I'm going to approach the next one as I know there are certain things I know  I could have done better. The first playthrough of a new game is always a learning one though. Love the graphics of the new game especially the new wind effects wher you can see the trees and flags moving and the armour on yourself and squadmates too. Especially noticeable when you play as a mage and visiting places like the Storm coast. The only negative I can think of it is we've still got helmet heads as it would have been nice if you're playing as a long haired female character or something like that to have your hair affected by the wind too like they've done in other games like Tomb Raider and Final fantasy and such but seeing it is the first of these new gen RPG's on this engine they've done a good job.

DA2 again is better than Origins even if most of the maps are pretty samey but the combat interface is much better. it may be a smaller story in comparison to Origins and Inquisition in many ways too but to me that doesn't matter it's the quality that counts and for me it's still there in that game.

Origins is a good game but hard to get to grips with if you're not an experienced RPG player which generally I'm not. I think hadthey used the interface of DA2/DAI in how to upgrade your powers/weapons and armour in Origins I think it would have made a much better game as it would've been easier to figure out and understand. I've only recently started to get to grips with it after buying the strategy guide to help me as I was fed up of getting stuck and making no progress. Still haven't beaten the game but that was down to me making a mistake I think rather than misunderstanding the game this time. I think I can master it it just takes more of an effort to master than most other games

I have asked on the Answer HQ thingy but so far I haven't had any response.

It would be just below the code itself if there was one. If not then that is a bit odd yeah. I'd possibly ask on the support section of their forum if there's no answers around.
To be honest I thought the ending was one of the better parts of it as it leaves much up to interpretation. Though that seemingly is something a lot of fans don't like. It leaves them some breathing space if they decide the fourth one will be a sequel to the trilogy though. I guess every game (even F1 going by that part of the forum!) has their fans that go over the top in saying what they don't like.
Indeed it's definitely progressed. Origins isn't aging well although personally I still think that ones better than the second one. The choices feel like they have more impact even if they don't in reality and personally thought the cast was stronger than 2. Plus I'm quite a fan of strategy games so the battle system appealed to me a bit more (even if I did suck at it compared to other strategy games!).
Yeah the graphics are brilliant. I've got it on the XB1 so the difference is pretty huge in comparison to the first two games. Though as it was designed for both gens it's still not maximising the console like The Witcher 3 is going to be doing. It's quite unnerving how good the graphics are in that game.
Yeah that's what a lot of people seem to focus their dislike of the second one on and by doing so miss that the story is actually quite good. Plus Hawke is, in my opinion, the stronger DA protagonist.
Going to be starting a second playthrough when the first DLC comes out I think since the game is so huge that it'll probably release while I'm half way through. Make a lot of different choices and such. Probably play a female character for it as well. Sera intrigues me... :D

It would be just below the code itself if there was one. If not then that is a bit odd yeah. I'd possibly ask on the support section of their forum if there's no answers around.
To be honest I thought the ending was one of the better parts of it as it leaves much up to interpretation. Though that seemingly is something a lot of fans don't like. It leaves them some breathing space if they decide the fourth one will be a sequel to the trilogy though. I guess every game (even F1 going by that part of the forum!) has their fans that go over the top in saying what they don't like.
Indeed it's definitely progressed. Origins isn't aging well although personally I still think that ones better than the second one. The choices feel like they have more impact even if they don't in reality and personally thought the cast was stronger than 2. Plus I'm quite a fan of strategy games so the battle system appealed to me a bit more (even if I did suck at it compared to other strategy games!).
Yeah the graphics are brilliant. I've got it on the XB1 so the difference is pretty huge in comparison to the first two games. Though as it was designed for both gens it's still not maximising the console like The Witcher 3 is going to be doing. It's quite unnerving how good the graphics are in that game.
Yeah that's what a lot of people seem to focus their dislike of the second one on and by doing so miss that the story is actually quite good. Plus Hawke is, in my opinion, the stronger DA protagonist.
Going to be starting a second playthrough when the first DLC comes out I think since the game is so huge that it'll probably release while I'm half way through. Make a lot of different choices and such. Probably play a female character for it as well. Sera intrigues me... :D

That's what I have done but I haven't received any answers yet to that

Yeah that's why I like Bioware's games too as it's not always about whether you have the most powerful weapons sometimes it's about having  the right strategy certainly in Origins I think that's the case and again in inquisition as I think I was a level 23/24 character I think when I took on the Highland ravager which I think is a level 25 dragon so was slightly moer powerful than me at that time but thanks to having the right strategy I was able to kill it which was when I found a good armour unfortunately elf limited so wasn't able to use it as I was playing as a human. Thinking of going as an elf for my next  playthrough. Story wise I'd say Origins is the strongest given it's a big scope type story very much like Shepard's fight with the Reapers was whereas DA2 is a smaller moer contained the story the only big tough fight in that one really is the one with the Qunari. Although the High dtragon at the Bone pit was a tough fight it's not quite as epic as the Qunari one. Haven't played any of DA2's dlc yet as I hadn't bought it until recently but I'm looking forward to that on my next run.

Yeah Sera is intriguing character a bit of a weird one too.  I romanced Iron Bull in my first playthrough though. The sex scene when Cullen, Cassandra and Josephine come running into you is hilarious :p. I originally planned on doing Cullen but ended up screwing it up as I told him to keep taking the lyrium for the sake of the Inquisition when I should have encouraged him to stay off it. Still I know that for next time. That's one of the other things I like about the romance scenes some aer quite funny some are quite sweet. Planning on  romancing Tali on my current ME run. I would imagine come the time ME4 is out though they'll be focused on the new consoles though  as I think PS3/360 is pretty much at an end now so hopefully that'll lead to further improvements available for the next ME.

Been pretty active on Bioware's forums as well discussing the new games lately

With a bit of luck it'll get answered soon in that case.
Exactly. Played so many games where I find a piece of equipment I like the look of but end up handicapped as it's a pretty weak armour. I don't play their games but Blizzard have it right where you can make any piece of equipment look like a lower level one if you wanted.
Those dragons are pretty fun boss fights. Much better than the Skyrim ones! Actually feels like an achievement in beating one. But yeah the loot can be a bit of a pain if it isn't the right one. I'm not even certain if it changes if you reload like the chests do but even if it did it would be a drag doing the same fight over and over for one piece.
Yeah definitely. I'd even go as far as to say Origins still has the strongest of all three but Inq. isn't far off. I prefer the choices in it as well. There's much more of them and although they lack a voice it's easier to play a certain type of character. It's pretty cool how you can make your character completely different to another one of your characters.
I'd wait until Act 2 or 3 to do the DLC's. I don't know why but they seem to make more sense if you do!

Yes...Didn't think she would be a type of character I would like but I found her quite amusing, particularly if you have her and Dorian in your group. Ha, yes I saw that on youtube. Have to love how they can go from something really serious to something completely light hearted. Breaks up the story quite nicely. (The Citadel DLC on ME3 was much like that)
Tali's is a good one. She's usually the one my character ends up with. Either her or Liara. Though should the option have been available Kasumi would have probably been a main choice as well.
Definitely looking forward to seeing what they can do if they maximise the full potential of the consoles. The gameplay itself is already strong I think so even just improved visuals and special effects would be enough for me personally. I just wonder what they could possibly do to follow that up.

Yeah got an account there too. Don't post a huge amount but can be quite amusing there sometimes.

yeah all the main characters have pretty good romances as Garrus's romance is quite good too Most of my femsheps end up romancing him. Didn't use Dorian an awful lot in my playthrough but then I was playing as a mage myself the only time I had a second mage with me was when I went up against one of the dragons usually though I chose Solas as I had equipped him with the revival spell in case any of us went down given dragons aer the toughest creatures in the game. Unless I was doing one of their so called loyalty missions then I did take them with me. Yeah the Citadel DLC is good like that too. All the ME DLC's are good fun though just finished the Arrival one in my current ME2 run. Still got pretty much everyone's loyalty missions (as I've only done Zaeed's Kasumi's and Miranda's thus far) to go and Shadow broker but I don't usually save Arrival til the end like some do. I always like to wrap things up with the so called suicide mission. Where most of the time these days I come out with everyone still alive.

Yeah his is probably the best one for Femshep from what I've seen. The other options with the exception of Liara don't really compare. Though admittedly I usually play as MShep so I probably haven't given them much of a chance.
Yeah they're pretty handy against dragons. Especially if the dragons a higher level. If you're about even then two archers are very good to use. Leaping shot is very powerful. As long as you have a strong warrior tanking and making sure he/she has plenty of block they're not too bad to fight.
Definitely, I think the ME1 DLC's were the only ones I'd personally think aren't great. Shadow Broker and Kasumi were my favourites personally, especially her loyalty mission. Same here usually, though Arrival does lead into ME3 nicely.
Haha yeah once you know the formula it is pretty easy! It's still my personal favourite mission though to be honest. I sometimes purposely make weak choices just to add a bit of drama to the playthrough. I was actually surprised that DAI didn't get a similar sort of mission toward the end considering how popular it was.

Yeah his is probably the best one for Femshep from what I've seen. The other options with the exception of Liara don't really compare. Though admittedly I usually play as MShep so I probably haven't given them much of a chance.
Yeah they're pretty handy against dragons. Especially if the dragons a higher level. If you're about even then two archers are very good to use. Leaping shot is very powerful. As long as you have a strong warrior tanking and making sure he/she has plenty of block they're not too bad to fight.
Definitely, I think the ME1 DLC's were the only ones I'd personally think aren't great. Shadow Broker and Kasumi were my favourites personally, especially her loyalty mission. Same here usually, though Arrival does lead into ME3 nicely.
Haha yeah once you know the formula it is pretty easy! It's still my personal favourite mission though to be honest. I sometimes purposely make weak choices just to add a bit of drama to the playthrough. I was actually surprised that DAI didn't get a similar sort of mission toward the end considering how popular it was.
So do I finished ME2 buit as you said I purposely make weak choices too to change things a little bit and in fact did so this time . I lost Jack but everyone else survived. Seeing as she is probably one of my least favourite characters anyway I'm not that bothered. It was only because I decided to skip some of the loyalty missions this time around Jack's being one of them. Yeah I agree about having the strong warrior that's kind of why I chose to bring Iron Bull with me when I took the dragons on given he's probably the toughest guy in the game. Have to admit I'm tempted to go as a Qunari warrior on the game at some point see how much damage I can do then :p  Not just yet though as I already kind of got my next playthrough planned out. I'm going to stay a mage  for it but as an Elf instead of Human Although I do plan on going through Origins and 2 again first and take that playthrough into Inquisition via the Keep. Bring down the sky was good fun but Pinnacle station is a bit pointless. I've never cracked Pinnacle station anyway. I can do the Capture Hunt and Survival challenges The time trial ones I find impossible I just can't do them fast enough. I have on the very rare occasion lost Tali on the suicide run but generally I come out with no casualties. Glad I didn't lose her this time given she's my romance.  But as I said I lost Jack so won't see her on Grissom academy everyone else survived and are ready for the fight with the reapers. I would asy Shadow Broker's my favourite level in the series actually too. But then all the DlC's they did were brilliant for these games. Looking forward to seeing what we get in terms of Single player D|LC's for Inquisition as well as I can certainly see myself buying them at this rate.

personally love RPG games, i spend most of my time in  paying mobile games such as legions of heroes, Farmville,crusaders quest and CoC, as far as my experience in gaming these three were good,above average if i'll gonna rate them :) i actually love playing them  when i feel so stressed! :P

Nice ! ^__^

When i was a child, my favorite computer game is Counter Strike, Red Alert... Boyish right? ^__^

But now, I pretty addictive in Mobile Games. Now, I'm playing Second Earth, Crusaders Quest, Pocket Tales and Legion of Heroes. Very great games !! 

I used to play Undead Slayer, PvZ, Field runners, Infity Blade, and some game that I already forgot! :D

garin03 said:
personally love RPG games, i spend most of my time in  paying mobile games such as legions of heroes, Farmville,crusaders quest and CoC, as far as my experience in gaming these three were good,above average if i'll gonna rate them :) i actually love playing them  when i feel so stressed! :P

I wouldn't say I love them but I am a fan of Bioware's as you can probably tell from my posts on Mas Effect and Dragon Age. If I had to choose between them though I'd pick ME as I prefer the sci fi setting over the fantasy one but I'm a huge fan of both especially after what I've seen Bioware do with Inquisition.

aila said:

Nice ! ^__^

When i was a child, my favorite computer game is Counter Strike, Red Alert... Boyish right? ^__^

But now, I pretty addictive in Mobile Games. Now, I'm playing Second Earth, Crusaders Quest, Pocket Tales and Legion of Heroes. Very great games !! 

I used to play Undead Slayer, PvZ, Field runners, Infity Blade, and some game that I already forgot! :D

Yeah I've got Red alert 3 don't play it much though I've also got the Star Craft games as well but I got them not that long ago just not got around to playing them yet. Once I'm through the DVD's I'm watching I plan on spending more time with games I got recently but haven't had the chance to play.

The difference between 5th and 6th. I'm #17.

The annoying part is that the previous two laps I was ahead coming over the line but he got me under brakes into the first corner. I was quicker but he defended well and held me off.

Finally started playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, I got it free way back when I got my 780. I'm really enjoying it, it's nice to have the choice of playing stealth or guns blazing.

Hughesy said:
Finally started playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, I got it free way back when I got my 780. I'm really enjoying it, it's nice to have the choice of playing stealth or guns blazing.

Yeah I've got Blacklist it's a fun game. I find it tricky in some areas but it is fun.

Just bought Bioshock's 1 and 2 to go along with Infinite. Haven't played them yet but I'd been toying with the ideaof playing them  for a while given I do enjoy playing  Infinite.

Hmm thinking about buying Borderlands the Pre Sequel, as its on sale for £14.99 on Steam, shame nobody here or on my Steam freinds list has it. Always played Borderlands on my own, but I can see it would be a blast to play with a mate.

Anyone seen the news/rumours about F1 2015? It's going to be released with last years cars, and later patched with this seasons cars. If that's true then that's pretty crap imo.

Hughesy said:
Anyone seen the news/rumours about F1 2015? It's going to be released with last years cars, and later patched with this seasons cars. If that's true then that's pretty crap imo.
I agree but I can see why CM have chosen this route to getting it done though if it's true. Although you and me were quite happy with their work on 2014 it did get a rather negative response given it wasn't next gen like a lot of people were hoping. I have to admit I was hoping it would be as well and I think people did blow things out of proportion but if the new engine is ready and they're willing to give us a version with last years cars as well as this years then I suppose it's not too bad as it gives us more cars to play with. I'm still on my first season in my career as I haven't played it for a while . Planning on going in and doing more at some stage just haven't got around to it. I just hope this years game in general works out well for CM as they need a bit of a boost at the moment.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:RwVtrZcewKoJ:https://www.facebook.com/F1GameMemes/posts/743526915754627+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl 

Looks like they will have 2015 cars, just not proper ones... Another half-baked effort is what I'm already thinking.

Been playing a lot of iRacing this week. I'll still stand by it being too expensive, but its good fun. Finally got my D class licence for ovals, should mean no more rookies. Closing in on my C class licence for road.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:RwVtrZcewKoJ:https://www.facebook.com/F1GameMemes/posts/743526915754627+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl 

Looks like they will have 2015 cars, just not proper ones... Another half-baked effort is what I'm already thinking.
Yea there's only going to be a few 2015 cars to start with. Seems a big fail to me. They've had a lot more time to make this game, and it's not even going to be released finished.... I'll hold my judgement until I know more, but at the moment I'm not happy at all. :( Mind you if they have great AI to race with, I might still buy it.

Hughesy said:

Yea there's only going to be a few 2015 cars to start with. Seems a big fail to me. They've had a lot more time to make this game, and it's not even going to be released finished.... I'll hold my judgement until I know more, but at the moment I'm not happy at all. :( Mind you if they have great AI to race with, I might still buy it.
Yeah I agree it's too early to judge right now we'll have to wait until we see more details of what this new game does have.

So I ended up buying Borderlands The Pre Sequel, as I've been bored off my (you know what.) Im glad I did, it's really good fun, and would be even better if I had someone to team up with. Yes it's like a large dlc pack for BL2, but for £15 it's a good deal. Being in space and low gravity it changes the game quite a bit. It should keep me busy until GTA V comes out on PC. :)

Hughesy said:
So I ended up buying Borderlands The Pre Sequel, as I've been bored off my (you know what.) Im glad I did, it's really good fun, and would be even better if I had someone to team up with. Yes it's like a large dlc pack for BL2, but for £15 it's a good deal. Being in space and low gravity it changes the game quite a bit. It should keep me busy until GTA V comes out on PC. :)
Not me :p I like the story of Borderlands, but just don't enjoy playing the games. The only one I really really enjoy is Tales from the Borderlands, and it isn't even made by the same people :p