The Game Thread!

F1 2014 badly needs an online mode which makes me want to play more. You look at Ultimate team of FIFA, thats is very successful, why can't CM do something similar with a brand new mode? 

If you want to go down a FUT route (doesn't have to be like FUT) they have the licence from 2008-2014, legend licenses, legend cars. Do something interesting with them.

F1 online mode right now is basically one-off races than mean nothing. On FUT 14 I can play seasons and advance to Division 1, get better players, more money etc. 
I'm seriously considering not getting F1 2014 unless there is a mode which will keep me interested. Driving in career mode keeps me interested for a little while, but FIFA keeps me interested for so much longer. Legend mode was good, but very limited and you can only really do one event on 3 difficulty levels.

I'm sure I posted this before but there isn't really anything that can be done to make online any different from other modes short of giving one player control of the steering and another the control of the brakes/throttle and gears, TopGear style.

AMS97KRR said:
F1 2014 badly needs an online mode which makes me want to play more. You look at Ultimate team of FIFA, thats is very successful, why can't CM do something similar with a brand new mode? 

If you want to go down a FUT route (doesn't have to be like FUT) they have the licence from 2008-2014, legend licenses, legend cars. Do something interesting with them.

F1 online mode right now is basically one-off races than mean nothing. On FUT 14 I can play seasons and advance to Division 1, get better players, more money etc. 
I'm seriously considering not getting F1 2014 unless there is a mode which will keep me interested. Driving in career mode keeps me interested for a little while, but FIFA keeps me interested for so much longer. Legend mode was good, but very limited and you can only really do one event on 3 difficulty levels.
I'm sure I posted this before but there isn't really anything that can be done to make online any different from other modes short of giving one player control of the steering and another the control of the brakes/throttle and gears, TopGear style.
Actually, come to think of it, an Ultimate Team style online game mode could be rather interesting. The car is split into its components (say the engine, gearbox, front wing, rear wing etc.) from each team and with different attributes. For example, with the engines, there would be three to choose from. The Mercedes would be the best engine but the most rare, Ferrari second best engine and Renault the worst and would be more common. To keep things even more interesting, engine mapping and upgrades as consumables can improve the performance and other aspects of your car.

Ron666 said:
Just completed Underrground 2, phew what a campaign ! 
Tony Hawk must be hard ;)

Never played it except on an uncle's Walkman ages ago :p

Ron666 said:
Ron666 said:
Just completed Underrground 2, phew what a campaign ! 
Tony Hawk must be hard ;)

Never played it except on an uncle's Walkman ages ago :p
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think a Walkman could play games? They struggle to play music let alone anything else.

I am talking about a 2009 sony ericson walkman, with alphanumeric keypad. It was a Symbian java game I guess

AMS97KRR said:

Actually, come to think of it, an Ultimate Team style online game mode could be rather interesting. The car is split into its components (say the engine, gearbox, front wing, rear wing etc.) from each team and with different attributes. For example, with the engines, there would be three to choose from. The Mercedes would be the best engine but the most rare, Ferrari second best engine and Renault the worst and would be more common. To keep things even more interesting, engine mapping and upgrades as consumables can improve the performance and other aspects of your car.
Although if they obtain classic licenses, you could have other engines. I'm not sure how it would all work out, but I'd love to see some sort of new online mode.

And I very well know what kinda life experience and knowledge ;)  (I mistook you for my crush actually lol)

Jokes apart, rings some bells, anyone ? For me, these were my life during my childhood. Contra, tank, duck hunter, street fighter, captain masjid(soccer), cricket, F1(fake), ninja turtles, ninja brothers and I can name a ton more :)

Anyone getting Child of Light? Reviews are trickling through and... it looks good! Unless you believe Edge. But that seems to be the anomaly, most outlets seem to really like it. I love my RPGs, and while this one looks pretty light and basic it's also shorter and cheaper than most.

Definitely going to grab it. Hope it does well, I like what Ubisoft is doing with these interesting projects.

Ron666 said:
And I very well know what kinda life experience and knowledge ;)  (I mistook you for my crush actually lol)

Jokes apart, rings some bells, anyone ? For me, these were my life during my childhood. Contra, tank, duck hunter, street fighter, captain masjid(soccer), cricket, F1(fake), ninja turtles, ninja brothers and I can name a ton more :)

Why's that? Does she have facial hair too? :p

No, I actually see her all the time, in dreams, in my room, in my washroom, on my roof, freaking everywhere lol. Anyway back on topic, did any of you guys play on that console ?

Britpoint said:
Anyone getting Child of Light? Reviews are trickling through and... it looks good! Unless you believe Edge. But that seems to be the anomaly, most outlets seem to really like it. I love my RPGs, and while this one looks pretty light and basic it's also shorter and cheaper than most.

Definitely going to grab it. Hope it does well, I like what Ubisoft is doing with these interesting projects.
Moving on from Rohan's clearly disturbing behaviour...

Haven't had a proper look at Child of Light but it doesn't seem like my kinda game if I'm honest. 
Ubisoft have upped their game though for sure. Every time something gaming wise has grabbed my attention in recent times, their name is attached to it :) Like Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon were both brilliant (looking forward to Far Cry 4!), really enjoyed every Tom Clancy game I've played so far, think they also had a hand in Tomb Raider? Either way that was a cool game :) South Park The Stick of Truth was hilarious, Assassin's Creed of course and The Division just looks incredible :D

And, of course, I'm getting desperate for Watch Dogs!

Britpoint said:

Moving on from Rohan's clearly disturbing behaviour...

Haven't had a proper look at Child of Light but it doesn't seem like my kinda game if I'm honest. 
Ubisoft have upped their game though for sure. Every time something gaming wise has grabbed my attention in recent times, their name is attached to it :) Like Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon were both brilliant (looking forward to Far Cry 4!), really enjoyed every Tom Clancy game I've played so far, think they also had a hand in Tomb Raider? Either way that was a cool game :) South Park The Stick of Truth was hilarious, Assassin's Creed of course and The Division just looks incredible :D

And, of course, I'm getting desperate for Watch Dogs!
Yeah I like the sound of the Division too especially now they've said they're going to release it on PC too not just the consoles I initially ignord it as it was originally announced as a console game but now the PC being given a look in I'm definitely tempted

Civilization Beyond Earth is coming out this Autumn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYWqE55s24

Britpoint said:

PS4? If so I'll probably buy it. I want more games for my PS4.

AMS97KRR said:

One of my most anticipated games this year! Throw in Witcher 3 next year and i'm looking forward to my new PC arriving.

Loore said:
AMS97KRR said:

One of my most anticipated games this year! Throw in Witcher 3 next year and i'm looking forward to my new PC arriving.

Yeah same with me and ME4 for next year, I love the original Mass Effect trilogy but knowing how good the Frostbite engine looks combined with a great sci fi story and I think Bioware could well  be onto a winner. As long as not too many people still don't hold too much of a grudge over ME3's ending