The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
So I ended up buying Borderlands The Pre Sequel, as I've been bored off my (you know what.) Im glad I did, it's really good fun, and would be even better if I had someone to team up with. Yes it's like a large dlc pack for BL2, but for £15 it's a good deal. Being in space and low gravity it changes the game quite a bit. It should keep me busy until GTA V comes out on PC. :)
Not me :p I like the story of Borderlands, but just don't enjoy playing the games. The only one I really really enjoy is Tales from the Borderlands, and it isn't even made by the same people :p 
Don't know why, it's like Destiny but much bigger and better ;) And atleast it has a story unlike Destiny :p If you had a group to play with, it would be a lot more fun, I wasn't hinting at you buying it as I guessed you didn't like it ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
So I ended up buying Borderlands The Pre Sequel, as I've been bored off my (you know what.) Im glad I did, it's really good fun, and would be even better if I had someone to team up with. Yes it's like a large dlc pack for BL2, but for £15 it's a good deal. Being in space and low gravity it changes the game quite a bit. It should keep me busy until GTA V comes out on PC. :)
Not me :p I like the story of Borderlands, but just don't enjoy playing the games. The only one I really really enjoy is Tales from the Borderlands, and it isn't even made by the same people :p 
Don't know why, it's like Destiny but much bigger and better ;) And atleast it has a story unlike Destiny :p If you had a group to play with, it would be a lot more fun, I wasn't hinting at you buying it as I guessed you didn't like it ;)
For me though, the mechanics of Destiny's gameplay feel great, the mechanics of Borderlands feel horrible :p That's the only way I can really describe it, it's one of those things that doesn't really make sense, and even though both games do more or less the same thing there's just something I don't like about Borderlands.
I guess too that sometimes the game comes across as going so OTT that it's just kinda lame, and I prefer games with a more serious tone (though well placed and well timed comedy is always appreciated!).

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
For me though, the mechanics of Destiny's gameplay feel great, the mechanics of Borderlands feel horrible :p That's the only way I can really describe it, it's one of those things that doesn't really make sense, and even though both games do more or less the same thing there's just something I don't like about Borderlands.
I guess too that sometimes the game comes across as going so OTT that it's just kinda lame, and I prefer games with a more serious tone (though well placed and well timed comedy is always appreciated!).
They both feel the same to me, but never mind. Destiny is a Borderlands clone but without any humour whatsoever, which means it becomes stale. That's why I haven't played it in months, as I've done everything there's to do. Destiny feels like a half finished game, how it took them so many years to make such a small game I do not know. When you read the previews from a few years ago, the game was much bigger with many more planets, so the only thing I can think of is they cut loads of content. Anyway I'm banging on about Destiny now. I'm just butt hurt that a game that could've been great was ruined with 50% of the content being cut, and having a stupid levelling system once you get to L26 or whatever it is.

I'm still enjoying Destiny :p I don't play it as often as I did in the first few weeks, but I do still have fun when I play it. With any Borderlands game I lose interest after 2-3 hours and then just don't pick it up again. Like I said, for 2 games that play in a very similar way, I'm just not really sure why I don't get along with Borderlands.

Another flop on the flopstation 4 :o http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-order-1886-leaks-to-youtube-in-full-playthroug/1100-6425327/ I'm still keeping it, mainly for GT7 (going to be a long wait) but there's been a lot of poor exclusives for the PS4. The best exclusive so far for me was Killzone, TLOU was great also, but that's a remake.

Bit disappointing its only 5 hours long, looked an alright game too
Reminds me of Ryse, looks good but lacks gameplay. The cutscenes are about 2.5 hours so that's even less gameplay time :( 

Isn't Skyrim only 6 hours long if you do nothing but story quests? Might be best to wait for some more reports than basing it on a YouTube basically speedrunning the game on Easy. Technically Mario is only 8 minutes long in that case.

No it's a lot longer than that, it's well over double digits.This game has over two hours of cutscenes, and many QTE moments. I'm sure the story will be good, but it may  as well be a film. Films don't cost £50 to buy though. Basicaly costs £10 an hour.

They've probably just rushed through the game skipping loads, playing it properly will last about 8-10 hours i would imagine.

Lukedfrt said:
They've probably just rushed through the game skipping loads, playing it properly will last about 8-10 hours i would imagine.
Doesn't seem that way to me, if it were much longer they wouldn't be so shifty on the subject.  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-16-ready-at-dawn-responds-to-concern-over-the-order-1886s-campaign-length
Other short games like COD have multiplayer to play, this is singleplayer only so you'd think it would be longer. ;) It'll probably be fun for that short amount of time, but I'll be waiting until it's atleast £20.

Hughesy said:
Another flop on the flopstation 4 :o http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-order-1886-leaks-to-youtube-in-full-playthroug/1100-6425327/ I'm still keeping it, mainly for GT7 (going to be a long wait) but there's been a lot of poor exclusives for the PS4. The best exclusive so far for me was Killzone, TLOU was great also, but that's a remake.
That's why I chose the XB1 over the PS4 I liked the look of XB1's games moer just seems to be reinforcing my beliefs at the moment. not that I'm agains t the PS as I enjoyed 1 2 and 3 but the PS4 does seem disappointing

Hughesy said:
That's why I chose the XB1 over the PS4 I liked the look of XB1's games moer just seems to be reinforcing my beliefs at the moment. not that I'm agains t the PS as I enjoyed 1 2 and 3 but the PS4 does seem disappointing
The PS4 now has an option called share play, it gives the ability for your friends to play a game with you online for one hour if they don't have the game your playing and vice versa. 

@couger1981 Steam has that too, except you can share every game you have and there's no time limit.
And Steam isn't down every 5 minutes.... Ouch!
 o:)  The thing I'm annoyed about is PSN was on auto renew when I set it not to. Can't be arsed to do anything about it though, still get free games so it's not so bad.

Hughesy said:
@couger1981 Steam has that too, except you can share every game you have and there's no time limit.
And Steam isn't down every 5 minutes.... Ouch!
 o:)  The thing I'm annoyed about is PSN was on auto renew when I set it not to. Can't be arsed to do anything about it though, still get free games so it's not so bad.
Yeah i disabled auto renew after awhile and got sick of the PSN wallet adding money without me knowing.

Hughesy said:
The PS4 now has an option called share play, it gives the ability for your friends to play a game with you online for one hour if they don't have the game your playing and vice versa. 
Perhaps but aside from Fifa which I can play on XB1 and on PC anyway there isn't anything out that I like the look of on the PS4 so I'm pretty sure I made the right decision at least for me.

Can share games with a friend on the Xbox One as well and like Steam, there's no limit to how long they can play. Only downside is that the game has to be a downloaded game, not from a disc.

Can share games with a friend on the Xbox One as well and like Steam, there's no limit to how long they can play. Only downside is that the game has to be a downloaded game, not from a disc.
No you can't, they scrapped it when everyone freaked out over always on DRM. If you can then tell me how, as I have an Xbox One and can't do it. ;)

Platy said:
My PS4 is better because all my friends have PS4's.
The only people I play online have Xbox One's or PC's :p Works both ways ;)
That's the joke :p People arguing about what's better or taking stabs at the other consoles is just dumb.

Platy said:
Platy said:
That's the joke :p People arguing about what's better or taking stabs at the other consoles is just dumb.
Can't deny it, but clearly PC is superior in all ways ;)

Platy said:
Platy said:
Can't deny it, but clearly PC is superior in all ways ;)
Anything but Apple ;)