F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Ffs... If it was possible to get a refund on Steam I'd do it for GTA V now. I'm disgusted that they were able to get it out on the PS4 and Xbox One in November but the PC version is taking such a ridiculous amount of time longer. 

Utterly annoyed about it.

Ffs... If it was possible to get a refund on Steam I'd do it for GTA V now. I'm disgusted that they were able to get it out on the PS4 and Xbox One in November but the PC version is taking such a ridiculous amount of time longer. 

Thought you might be :# I haven't pre ordered it yet, as I eneded up buying that Corsair 780T case.

Hughesy said:

Thought you might be :# I haven't pre ordered it yet, as I eneded up buying that Corsair 780T case.
Wishing I hadn't now. First they say order it before Feb 1st for in-game credits. Then they say oh we'll do that for even longer. Now it's pushed back again and they're giving people some extra credits for waiting. I don't want extra bloody credits, I want the game to come out on the bloody day they originally say, not 2 different release dates later for gods sake.

Just completed the Circle of Magi mission on DA Origins starting to make good progress after deciding on a different route through the game.

Have to admit I do feel sorry for Cullen now going through 2 circles of magi going mad. First the Ferelden one during the blight then the incidents at the end of DA2 in Kirkwall's circle. He needs a girlfriend to show him some love in DAI. Luckily for him I have just the person in mind when I get that far.

Just recruited Shale funny character and a powerhouse for the team too

Recruited the elves yesterday in DAO so that just leaves the dwarves.

Will try to level up a couple more times by doing a few sidequests first before I attempt that level given the dwarves are the hardest to do. Especially the Branka section.

@RevolvingPrawn I can now max every setting in Dying Light, it's pretty much 60fps all the time even with view distance at 100%. :) I'm so glad I was wrong when saying they'd never be able to optimize it. It's very rare that devs find a way to give so much more performance, when it first come out you'd only get 20-30fps with view distance maxed, so to now being able to get 60fps is amazing! It's also fine with my overclock now, as before I'd get flashing red lights pop up onscreen. I didn't think they cared about PC much, but they've proved otherwise.

@RevolvingPrawn This game has been awesome, I'm finally at the end. Might try the hard mode that unlocks at some point. For a game I thought was going to be meh, it's turned out to be great fun.

This is pretty awesome news.

http://www.iracing.com/iracingnews/iracing-news/mclaren-iracing-to-build-virtual-mclaren-honda-mp4-30

@Hughesy I had that same meh feeling about it until about two weeks before release when I finally got around to watching gameplay vids :) It's a properly awesome game though, so much better than Techlands previous titles! And they've proven what a company can do to fix a game after release. After the problems it had at release, and with how quickly they've actually got it fixed, I'm super impressed with how well they've gone about it :) And it amazes me that for a company a fair bit smaller than someone like Ubisoft, they've managed to fix their game in about 1 month, while FC4 came out in November and is still a complete mess lol.

I DID IT! :D I finally managed to beat the Caradin/Branka fight in DAO. My character went down but fortunately the rest of my team managed to squash that annoying little dwarf without my help

@Hughesy I had that same meh feeling about it until about two weeks before release when I finally got around to watching gameplay vids :) It's a properly awesome game though, so much better than Techlands previous titles! And they've proven what a company can do to fix a game after release. After the problems it had at release, and with how quickly they've actually got it fixed, I'm super impressed with how well they've gone about it :) And it amazes me that for a company a fair bit smaller than someone like Ubisoft, they've managed to fix their game in about 1 month, while FC4 came out in November and is still a complete mess lol.
I won't spoil the ending, but I'm a bit angry.... Let's just say cliff hanger  :| 

Hughesy said:
I won't spoil the ending, but I'm a bit angry.... Let's just say cliff hanger  :| 
must be planning a sequel then. Seems to be the common theme with games these days. the firdst dreamfall game ended on a cliffhanger too. Not suer if you'vge ever played the longest journey saga games but they're point & click style adventures and Dreamfall (the second game) finished on a cliff hanger.

I was put in the lowest split for a race on iRacing. Ended up being over a second a lap quicker than everyone else and won by over 30 seconds. At least it made me feel good about myself.

Platy said:
I was put in the lowest split for a race on iRacing. Ended up being over a second a lap quicker than everyone else and won by over 30 seconds. At least it made me feel good about myself.

Yeah moments like that do make you feel good I felt good after beating the dwarf mission in DAO as it was the first time I had done it.

Obviously Zevran didn't take notice of my signature though and forced me to kill him. Obviously that means Zevran won't appear in DA2 but that's his problem not mine

Platy said:
Its all good until you catch up with the backmarkers....

Scary times....

Platy said:

Scary times....
You say that, but when I raced iRacing all the drivers were very clean (even the slower drivers) I actually became freinds with someone whilst having many hard races with him. If I could use my wheel and race more often then I'd still subscribe, sadly it's even less likely now due to my stupid doctor.

Can't wait for September :love: 
http://www.pcgamer.com/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-release-date-leaks/

Platy said:

Scary times....
Agreed, especially when you catch them on tricky sections or parts where you're much faster than them. I hate the ones that try to race you, if I get lapped I like to drop back from them and give them room.

Hughesy said:
Platy said:

Scary times....
You say that, but when I raced iRacing all the drivers were very clean (even the slower drivers) I actually became freinds with someone whilst having many hard races with him. If I could use my wheel and race more often then I'd still subscribe, sadly it's even less likely now due to my stupid doctor.
The majority are clean drivers, but there's still a good number of complete tubes on it

Platy said:
Platy said:

Scary times....
Agreed, especially when you catch them on tricky sections or parts where you're much faster than them. I hate the ones that try to race you, if I get lapped I like to drop back from them and give them room.
Its not worth trying to overtake them on a tricky part of the track, better to wait although sometimes you can't. Some of the backmarkers are brutal

Hughesy said:
Can't wait for September :love: 
http://www.pcgamer.com/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-release-date-leaks/
That's some damn good news if it's right! Gonna tag @Herby007 in this. He probably already knows, but just in case!

Got to say trying to convince Alistair to marry Anora is quite funny.

Hope the Archdemon is saying it's prayers as I'm coming for it

The Archdemon is dead I've finally completed Origins  it certainly is a tough game but also a lot of fun. Still have to work my way through Awakening and the other DLC's. But for now 9i'm just delighted I've manage to beat the Blight. Then I can pass my save onto DA2 and eventually go through Inquisition again.

@RevolvingPrawn Pretty shocking news :o
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hololens-designer-killed-in-car-crash/1100-6425701/

Decided to reactivate my iracing account :) hopefully i stay on the track lol has been awhile since i played it last.

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Pretty shocking news :o
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hololens-designer-killed-in-car-crash/1100-6425701/
Some of those comments in that article point out this is like the second death of a developer of a potentially revolutionary piece of tech in the last year or 2. Bit strange.