F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Lukedfrt said:
I think we can all agree that Rockstar need to make Red Dead Redemption 2. 
Oh, oh yes. 

My mate lent me the game and he pretty much oversold it.

[spoiler]The part at the end where you're just doing farm work for two hours was boring as hell. And trying to catch horses.[/spoiler]

When games become a stupid size.... :flushed: 
http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-client-expected-to-be-around-100gb/

Lukedfrt said:
Sleeping Dogs is a tenner on the PS4 store now, awesome deal.
PC version (the definitive one or whatever it's called) was £4 on Steam not long ago. I didn't buy it as I had the original which actually had much higher texture resolution, seems the new one was just the same as PS4/X1 version, which is silly. Great game though, just don't see the point in the PC version, when it's worse than the original lol.

It is worth it though if you only had last gen consoles, it's a really underrated game.

Just when you think you've completed Alien Isolation it throws you a curve ball :# I love the game, but I'll be so happy when I complete it. Never has a gsme scared me, but this is something else, the atmosphere, the audio (especially the audio) make this game the best survival horror game ever. The alien is so smart and is always learning, it has to be the smartest ai ever created in a game. When you play it you really feel like you're fighting for survival, and that your life is in danger at all times, it just sucks you in.

Can't wait for VR to comes out, as this game would be awesome using it. Probably going to buy Valves version, as all the reports say its better than any other VR device. OR went downhill when Facebook bought it..

Edit: Completed it! :D Seems the ending leaves the door open for a sequel, and as we know they're hiring people at the moment for a AAA game, it's very likely. Man this game was awesome, sad it's over but happy I don't have to see that alien for a while :sweat_smile: 

Didn't realise Assetto Corsa was going down the paid dlc route, thought more stuff was going to be added free due to it being pretty small, and the fact it supports mods doesn't it? So someone could just make those cars for free. £10.99 for 6 cars and a track which I thought was being added for free :( Seems a bit overpriced, but that's just me. I suppose as the track is laser scanned is the reason for the price, but I was sure it was going to be added for free, it's not like there's loads of tracks. 

Only this pack is paid DLC and its only paid because it has a laser-scanned Nordschleife, which obviously cost a lot of money to create.

The other cars and tracks will be free.

Just completed the Legacy DLC for DA2 have to say Corypheus makes more of a fist of it in DA2 than he does in DAI in the final battle.

Hughesy said:
Didn't realise Assetto Corsa was going down the paid dlc route, thought more stuff was going to be added free due to it being pretty small, and the fact it supports mods doesn't it? So someone could just make those cars for free. £10.99 for 6 cars and a track which I thought was being added for free :( Seems a bit overpriced, but that's just me. I suppose as the track is laser scanned is the reason for the price, but I was sure it was going to be added for free, it's not like there's loads of tracks. 
When the track was first announced in 2013 it was announced as part of the 'Dream Pack DLC', so you must have been mistaken on that part. Reading reviews and seeing gameplay videos of it so far, it looks like its worth every penny. Its about the same price as a track in iRacing.

More cars will be coming for free, and I'm sure more tracks will. Plus with their open mod support there's plenty of really good modded tracks out there, check out the Donington mod for a start. Monza 1962, Silverstone 60's and Zandvoort are coming for free after v1.0 is released, as are 12 new cars.

The Dream Pack DLC is 10 cars and one track. For £10.99 that to me is an insanely good deal especially as its a laser scanned Nordschleife and the cars offered are pretty damn cool too. Just think how much that pack would cost on iRacing.

The Dream Pack DLC is 10 cars and one track. For £10.99 that to me is an insanely good deal especially as its a laser scanned Nordschleife and the cars offered are pretty damn cool too. Just think how much that pack would cost on iRacing.
Yea I misread it, I thought each line was 1 car, didn't notice there was more than 1 each. I suppose it's not bad, considering each car is a good car, and a laser scanned track. I'll probably get it at some point. My £10 is buying me The Witcher 3 thanks to @RevolvingPrawn  o:)

Honestly, the heists added to GTA:Online are some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Completed the 2nd one last night with some friends, took us around 3 hours to do all the set up missions (5 in total I think) and the actual heist. Each part required a different approach, every player was an important part of things. Rockstar have nailed it imo.

Platy said:
Honestly, the heists added to GTA:Online are some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Completed the 2nd one last night with some friends, took us around 3 hours to do all the set up missions (5 in total I think) and the actual heist. Each part required a different approach, every player was an important part of things. Rockstar have nailed it imo.
Thanks for rubbing it in while I still have 30 days before I can play it :'(

Platy said:
Thanks for rubbing it in while I still have 30 days before I can play it :'(
Haha, its definitely worth the wait. The attention to detail is amazing, but I don't expect any less from Rockstar these days (apart from their lack of attention to detail on their online servers).

Yeah they're great. Unfortunately though, my mate refuses to get on the mic, and since it's just the two of us, we end up playing on pubs, so sometimes we have to replay entire missions after one fuck up.

I could play them on my Xbox One, but I'm waiting until the PC version is out so I can play them with @RevolvingPrawn 

This video, so much truth spoken in one video. Yes Gamespot is a bit crap, but this guy always talks so much sense. If you haven't seen his videos then you should take a look.
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-where-are-all-the-great-console-games/2300-6423894/

Oh dear..... 
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Have to say like the fact they've added the ability to change the colour of your armour through the patch in DAI my armour I'm wearing now is kind of cool

You aren't alone. I've got a fair few games to play in my library, but I'm just not in the mood for any of them. Just waiting for GTA V to drop now really.