F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

I'm getting on GTA. Those of you who want to join are welcome. @Matthew77258 @couger1981 @lukedfrt

Stream. @RevolvingPrawn @mike96

Stream cut out for some reason.

I'm getting on GTA. Those of you who want to join are welcome. @Matthew77258 @couger1981 @lukedfrt

Stream. @RevolvingPrawn @mike96

Stream cut out for some reason.
Have i got you added on PSN?

So Fanatec have announced a universal hub for Xbox One. So buying that, then buying a rim and the wheelbase costs over €1000 and that's without buying pedals, dream on Fanatec.....

Thief is on offer at the local sainsburys.

I enjoyed dishonoured a lot. I much prefer stealthy thinking type play than run and gun.

Has anyone played thief and what did they think of it ?

enjoying a bit of F1 2010 today still a very high quality fun game raced Valencia plan on taking it up to the mid season break at Hungary at least today in my career mode.

Also bought the Jaws of Hakkon DLC and digital deluxe expansion for Inquisition to play with next time I go through DAI

Playing some Pikmin 3 on Wii U, such an underrated console. For PC only gamers, it's a great console to have as it offers such a different experiance. Zombi U is probably one of my favourite games for a long time. 

dirt3joe said:

I enjoyed dishonoured a lot. I much prefer stealthy thinking type play than run and gun.

I've not played the latest thief but I played the original many years ago didn't like it that much the scenes ew re too dark and I struggled to see what I was doing. I've thought about getting it but I've always struggled with stealth type games e4ven with levels where you have to be stealthy in other games I sometimes struggle with.

dirt3joe said:

Honestly, I couldn't hugely recommend Thief. I'ts kinda OK, but Dishonored is a lot better.

I thought Thief  was pretty good, I only stopped playing when I lost my save. I loved Dishonored, but the thing that let it down for me (and never completed it) are the graphics. The art style is good, but the graphics weren't improved much from the console version. It would've benefitted so much from tessellation, and better lighting. I might start a new save on it tonight, as I want to complete it.

Just had an epic British GP on F1 2010 had a great battle with the Red Bulls only lost to Vettel by 1 second in the end but what a race.

Show's how good this series started with a career mode that was really worth playing. and now in 2015 it's a shame that we may not have a career mode at all. I know I should be keeping an open mind giving it's a game for a new gen and I plan to. But that fact does seem to be ringing quite loudly in the back of my mind atm.

Just had an epic British GP on F1 2010 had a great battle with the Red Bulls only lost to Vettel by 1 second in the end but what a race.

Show's how good this series started with a career mode that was really worth playing. and now in 2015 it's a shame that we may not have a career mode at all. I know I should be keeping an open mind giving it's a game for a new gen and I plan to. But that fact does seem to be ringing quite loudly in the back of my mind atm.

I really don't see much difference. If you want to change teams each year you can, so it's not really any different. The only thing you won't have is an email saying X team wants you. Racing games should be just that.

Take Pcars for example, you work your way up which is nice (but you can start in any class) you get emails which after 10 minutes of playing I no longer read, you get fake social media messages saying "Hughesy was amazing in that race" It's just pointless.

These F1 games don't have different classes (would be awesome to have GP2 & 3) so there's not much they can do in career mode. 

Anyway you don't have any details about it yet, all I know is I want to start in that pro mode.

Hughesy said:

I really don't see much difference. If you want to change teams each year you can, so it's not really any different. The only thing you won't have is an email saying X team wants you. Racing games should be just that.

Take Pcars for example, you work your way up which is nice (but you can start in any class) you get emails which after 10 minutes of playing I no longer read, you get fake social media messages saying "Hughesy was amazing in that race" It's just pointless.

These F1 games don't have different classes (would be awesome to have GP2 & 3) so there's not much they can do in career mode. 

AnywaIy you don't have any details about it yet, all I know is I want to start in that pro mode.
I like the idea of immersing myself in that kind of world though I find it much better building up a reputation and immersing myself in the atmosphere than just doing singular seasons. It doesn't matter how many divisions or sections there are to me as long as it's a career mode that that you can invest time in which the earlier ones are .

@RevolvingPrawn So I'm just starting a new game on Dishonored. First time I've played it with my 980, using DSR at 4K. Not even sure I've played it using my 1440p monitor before, the colours look a lot better with my ips screen.

Hughesy said:
Playing some Pikmin 3 on Wii U, such an underrated console. For PC only gamers, it's a great console to have as it offers such a different experiance. Zombi U is probably one of my favourite games for a long time. 
I need to pick that up, can never find it though aha.
Wii U has to be my one of my favourite consoles ever, so many great games.

Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:
I need to pick that up, can never find it though aha.
Wii U has to be my one of my favourite consoles ever, so many great games.
It's awesome bud, I play it using the Wii controller, and use the gamepad for the map, and to plan my route. I'm about to hop on it again. Game have it, you can even buy the download version from them.

I really want Captain Toad, but only want to pay £20.

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn So I'm just starting a new game on Dishonored. First time I've played it with my 980, using DSR at 4K. Not even sure I've played it using my 1440p monitor before, the colours look a lot better with my ips screen.
Do like dishonoured. You are right, the graphics are a bit clunky, and the combat can be frustrating sometimes, but it is a game with so many options and ways to play. I have been through it once, but I think probably only touched on 50% of the game area. I really like the teleport system which adds a very different dimension to the usual FPS. I guess not so rare now, as most of the newish FPS's seem to have something like this.

dirt3joe said:

Honestly, I couldn't hugely recommend Thief. I'ts kinda OK, but Dishonored is a lot better.
Yeah, I thought of getting it cos it was cheap and it sounds like the kind of game I would like, but having checked the net it is even cheaper on XB1 and I have a huge backlog of stuff to get through, so I think I will pass for the moment.

dirt3joe said:

dirt3joe said:

Yeah, I thought of getting it cos it was cheap and it sounds like the kind of game I would like, but having checked the net it is even cheaper on XB1 and I have a huge backlog of stuff to get through, so I think I will pass for the moment.
Shame, I thought Thief was a great game. I did only pay £15 for it on PC.

Picked up Ride yesterday, didn't expect much for a motorbike game by Milestone considering that their last 2 MotoGP games have been extremely generic. But they've actually made an awesome game this time! 

Easiest way for me to describe it is as the Forza/Gran Turismo of motorbike games, but even if you don't know anything about bikes and really only know about MotoGP, this game is still great. 
The physics are great, races are fun, the sense of speed as spot on, but it's the customisation that's really awesome! Made a few vids I'll post below, and I didn't actually record any rider customisation, but out of the 50+ helmets, I counted 12 different Rossi ones, Andrea Iannone's Ducati helmet, and Marco Simoncelli's. 

Some of the race modes are pretty cool too, even if they're lifted directly from Forza :p Normal races, drag races (seriously, the sense of speed when using the helmet cam doing these is crazy, plus they're held at salt flats!), pass this many bikes in this much time, and head to head. There might be more types, but I'm still fairly near the start of the career. 

So this race is just trying out some of the more powerful bikes in Quick Race with AI set to medium, it's not showing HD yet but will be soon. (Gonna upload another vid later with AI at the highest difficulty, I did already record some but none of them actually captured the bloody audio).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPbrgfB5LFs

A bit of bike customisation, audio didn't record for this one which is annoying to say the least!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VufkRY7NKs

This one shows the ridiculous detail they've put into rider position lol, but it's so awesome :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9a_9SBbYMA

Those ride videos look pretty good. The helmet view gives a great sense of speed. I tried motogp before on PS3, I can't remember which one but it was a demo, I think 2012 or 2013 and didn't really get on with it but maybe I'll have another try at some point after seeing that. I guess it takes some time to get used to the bikes after spending so long on cars.

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:

dirt3joe said:

Shame, I thought Thief was a great game. I did only pay £15 for it on PC.
Oh, it's not off the list, just a bit down on the priorities !

He saved me a bit because if the response had been positve I would have just bought on PS3, whereas you can actually pick it up for cheaper than that on XB1 if you shop around.