F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

dirt3joe said:
Those ride videos look pretty good. The helmet view gives a great sense of speed. I tried motogp before on PS3, I can't remember which one but it was a demo, I think 2012 or 2013 and didn't really get on with it but maybe I'll have another try at some point after seeing that. I guess it takes some time to get used to the bikes after spending so long on cars.
The helmet view sense of speed is so awesome lol, feels much faster than the rear view does! As for getting used to it, it didn't really take me too long, even though it's got great physics it doesn't seem like the kind of game that's really difficult too learn, and it's much more forgiving than the last 2 MotoGP games :) 

Think there's actually a demo for it on Steam (and maybe consoles too, not at all sure on that though).

@RevolvingPrawn  :D http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-preload-begins-april-7/

Hughesy said:
65GB?! Daaaaamn. I had been planning to install it to my old SSD which has FC4 and Dying Light on it, but I only have 61GB free :'( So tragic.

Time to delete FC4! :) But yay, GTA V isn't getting delayed again is what this means I suppose.

Hughesy said:
65GB?! Daaaaamn. I had been planning to install it to my old SSD which has FC4 and Dying Light on it, but I only have 61GB free :'( So tragic.

Time to delete FC4! :) But yay, GTA V isn't getting delayed again is what this means I suppose.
The download will be less than that though. I have room, but I have slow broadband. Still can't order fibre, wish they'd hurry up. :(

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

The download will be less than that though. I have room, but I have slow broadband. Still can't order fibre, wish they'd hurry up. :(
Well even if it is, I'll still delete FC4 because it's completely rubbish how often it crashes :p At least the preload goes live 7 days before the game though dude, gives you time to get it done well before you play :)

@RevolvingPrawn  So I played the Ride demo and there's a few things stopping me buying it. First thing is the audio, it's awful which is a big thing for me. The other things is in helmet cam you don't know what gear you're in, and the mirrors don't work, so you don't know who's behind you. Physics are good, but I won't buy it. At least it lets you select higher res than 1080P, which MotoGP doesn't. I can't understand why the mirrors don't work when the rest of the graphics are pretty good. Maybe I'll buy it when it's cheap.

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn  So I played the Ride demo and there's a few things stopping me buying it. First thing is the audio, it's awful which is a big thing for me. The other things is in helmet cam you don't know what gear you're in, and the mirrors don't work, so you don't know who's behind you. Physics are good, but I won't buy it. At least it lets you select higher res than 1080P, which MotoGP doesn't. I can't understand why the mirrors don't work when the rest of the graphics are pretty good. Maybe I'll buy it when it's cheap.
The audio isn't great buy I've very much heard worse, and the music sucks so I just turned it off and played my own playlists :p With the helmet cam it doesn't bother me not knowing what gear, I use auto gears with the bike because independent rear and front brakes are enough to deal with lol. And with the mirrors when you own a bike you can remove the mirrors entirely anyway, racing bikes don't have mirrors so I just take them off every bike I use for career :) Clicking in the right stick to look back is easy enough.

Each to their own though, I can look past the issues because it's fun, and for me it's just easier to get into than something like Assetto Corsa. I tried to play that again the other day, spent an hour trying to make it work properly with the G27, then gave up in frustration because nothing I did would get the wheel to work as it should. With a game like Ride, I can just jump straight in and race without any messing around, so even though it isn't hyper-realistic, it's just easier.

I'll probably buy it at some point, but it's not worth £30 or £40 (can't remember the price) for me, Milestone are a low budget studio that have never made brilliant games imo. They have the license for WRC but do nothing with it, I'd love Codemasters to get it, as they'd make a great full on rally game.

Strange you have that problem with AC, for me using the T500rs it's just plug and play. Project Cars is the same, although it's a lot better. You can tune each car with different FFB coming through the wheel. I'll do a video  showing what I mean at some point, it looks complex but isn't really, there's only a few setting I change with each car to get the best feeling from it (depending on the car), which is something AC doesn't have.

One question, do you have your wheel set to 900 deg? If not that's where you are going wrong, I'm really not sure what else to suggest, as I haven't seen any posts saying they have a problem with the ffb using a G27. Ask @Platy as he has a DFGT I think, so setting should be similar between the two.

At the moment I'm having a blast playing Pikmin 3, Wii U is better than its given credit for, as they focus on gameplay over graphics.

£30 atm, and I'd agree it's probably not worth that much, but I paid £17 and it seems like a pretty fair price for how much I'm enjoying it :) And they definitely are a low budget studio, everything they've made in the past has been generally a let down for me, particularly their MotoGP games, but so far Ride seems to be possibly the best racing game they've made yet :)

Yup, wheel set to 900 degrees in both the Logitech Profiler and AC itself, yet the wheel just carries on like it's 180 degrees only. So if I go 90 degrees left on the G27, the wheel in game goes 450 degrees left, making it super effing twitchy and impossible to drive properly. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working but no matter what I change the settings to, it never actually changes. Googled it a bunch but haven't found anybody else with a similar issue yet. 

The most frustrating thing is that I'll load up F1 2014 or Nascar 2013 using the same profile and it gives me full control and works perfectly with minimal settings changes. Yet the game that's supposed to be a super sim just doesn't work with it even slightly.

Hmm you've defiantly clicked something wrong then, as I haven't seen that problem before. Maybe post a pic of your ingame wheel setting at some point.

My pikmin have been working overtime, just killed this big snake boss.

Honestly dude, there's not a lot of things to actually get wrong with AC's wheel setup page :p It recognizes the wheel, reacts to all the inputs and everything, is set to 900 degrees, but doesn't actually give me 900 degrees. The settings menu for it is so bare I'd notice if there was something there I'd gotten wrong, there's nothing man, I spent an hour just trying every different setting I could see in the game and in the profiler and nothing worked.

Only similar thing I've found in 1 minute of Googling is to disable the Logitech Profiler.

Honestly dude, there's not a lot of things to actually get wrong with AC's wheel setup page :p It recognizes the wheel, reacts to all the inputs and everything, is set to 900 degrees, but doesn't actually give me 900 degrees. The settings menu for it is so bare I'd notice if there was something there I'd gotten wrong, there's nothing man, I spent an hour just trying every different setting I could see in the game and in the profiler and nothing worked.
Yes but there's obviously something you are missing otherwise everyone would have the same problem, could even be your profiler settings. Have you made your own steering profile ingame, or have you selected G27? Also like in real life each car has different amounts of lock, like open wheel uses a lot less than a normal road car.

It has to be something on your end, as in terms of wheels, it's the easiest game to set one up for.

@RevolvingPrawn Is the career mode big on Ride? Still kinda interested at the moment lol Can't make my mind up, going to play the demo again in a bit, just playing some MotoGP 14 at the moment.

Tell you what dude, I'll do you a quick video after the Formula E to show you how many races there are :) Definitely a good amount to me though, plus some of the single events are actually 3 full races under 1.

And I'll give both of your suggestions a try tomorrow or Monday with AC, still got the wheel setup and just over to one side atm, Nascar with it is way more fun than with a controller :p 

The only other annoying thing when playing Ride is the windscreen reflection, it's really weird, GP14 isn't like that. I forgot Formula E was on :(

Hughesy said:
The only other annoying thing when playing Ride is the windscreen reflection, it's really weird, GP14 isn't like that. I forgot Formula E was on :(
Yea it's like a weird dark spot, but then you should be used to that with your monitor ;) Not something I notice often though tbh, I mostly play using the chase cam, I'm usually slower with the helmet cam because I can't fully tell where the bike is pointing.

Video showing you the races bud. For some reason it hangs near the start, except it didn't when I was actually in the game, and my footage doesn't hang either, just when it's on YouTube :/ I also figured out how you can see the gears, don't use helmet view :p If you use the one that's in the same place, just without the helmet overlay, you can actually see what gear you're in on the bikes little dashboard :) Recorded another vid showing that, audio cuts out halfway through for no reason. Really hating ShadowPlay right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ikv4eaHIeo&feature=youtu.be

Yup, wheel set to 900 degrees in both the Logitech Profiler and AC itself, yet the wheel just carries on like it's 180 degrees only. So if I go 90 degrees left on the G27, the wheel in game goes 450 degrees left, making it super effing twitchy and impossible to drive properly. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working but no matter what I change the settings to, it never actually changes. Googled it a bunch but haven't found anybody else with a similar issue yet. 

I've got a problem like this on Iracing, Usually happens when i first go into Iracing. 90 degrees on the wheel puts on about 900 degrees in game and all the settings are 10x as strong.

Found that if i open the profiler page and close it again it solves it.

That's just gonna make we want to click it more. ;)

/seedy