Jump to content

The Game Thread!

Recommended Posts

I'm a huge star wars nerd so i'm gonna spam this thread with BF3 info until the game comes out haha. I'll start off with the sad new that there's not gonna be any space battles...http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/32xnxx/star_wars_battlefront_wont_contain_space_battles/ 

Unless it comes out as DLC...this is EA we're talking about.
Glad the Space battles is not returning, they were so boring in SWBF2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Playing heists with @RevolvingPrawn and his brother, and his brothers mate. Pretty awesome, took ages for Dave and I to get it working though.
*Stretches arms* Man, we were at that heist for 4 hours and 21 minutes lol. Massive fun though :)
Yea that was awesome! I was only going to play for an hour or two, but 4 hours went really quick. Thanks for playing, cheered me up after my car accident. Been a right moody (you know what) since this happened lol. Love the heists, the end of that one wasn't great, but the rest was awesome. :)
It shot by dude, by the end though I felt knackered so I'll bet you're feeling utterly buggered lol. And no problem dude, I've been ooking forward to getting online with it, and we have our own crew now too! 
Nah end one definitely wasn't great, but the payout was pretty damn good at least :) Will be on again tomorrow shortly after the F1, probably up until about half 10 tomorrow night though with work on Monday. If we can't get those guys to do another heist with us then we'll just do a bunch of missions 2 player :)
Yea I was up for 22-23 hours lol. Took us long enough to get online working, but it was worth it in the end. 

Yea sounds good, btw your bro tried to give me his dog :joy: Three dogs is already too many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm a huge star wars nerd so i'm gonna spam this thread with BF3 info until the game comes out haha. I'll start off with the sad new that there's not gonna be any space battles...http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/32xnxx/star_wars_battlefront_wont_contain_space_battles/ 

Unless it comes out as DLC...this is EA we're talking about.
Glad the Space battles is not returning, they were so boring in SWBF2.
Say that again and I will slap you couger. :P  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Playing heists with @RevolvingPrawn and his brother, and his brothers mate. Pretty awesome, took ages for Dave and I to get it working though.
*Stretches arms* Man, we were at that heist for 4 hours and 21 minutes lol. Massive fun though :)
Yea that was awesome! I was only going to play for an hour or two, but 4 hours went really quick. Thanks for playing, cheered me up after my car accident. Been a right moody (you know what) since this happened lol. Love the heists, the end of that one wasn't great, but the rest was awesome. :)
It shot by dude, by the end though I felt knackered so I'll bet you're feeling utterly buggered lol. And no problem dude, I've been ooking forward to getting online with it, and we have our own crew now too! 
Nah end one definitely wasn't great, but the payout was pretty damn good at least :) Will be on again tomorrow shortly after the F1, probably up until about half 10 tomorrow night though with work on Monday. If we can't get those guys to do another heist with us then we'll just do a bunch of missions 2 player :)
Yea I was up for 22-23 hours lol. Took us long enough to get online working, but it was worth it in the end. 

Yea sounds good, btw your bro tried to give me his dog :joy: Three dogs is already too many.
Definitely worth it dude, when you were thinking of giving up I was thinking hell no, we're gonna get this working right damn now lol. Really annoying to get it going but at least now when we go on we won't have to spend like 2 hours sorting it out :) 

He's trying to give that dog to everybody and anybody atm :p He asks me nearly everytime we speak if I want it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Even though we didn't really do much still a fun night on GTA Online @Hughesy :p Tell you what dude, instead of waiting around next time we'll just jump straight into missions and not mess about waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yea it was fun. Sorry if my speech was a bit weird tonight. Like the muscle twitches I get with my arm it also happens to my mouth. This only started a few months back, some days it's fine and others it's not. Bloody Multiple Sclerosis lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't notice dude so don't worry about it :p The only thing that was weird was your characters nose haha ;) I'll upload the screenshot of it on Steam in a while. Definitely think Dan took us the wrong way for getting into Fort Zancudo lol, that mission unlocks at rank 50 so we'll have to play a lot more to do it again :)

Just decided to try maxing out the graphics at 1080p, so x8 MSAA on normal and on reflections, everything else turned up completely, my FPS hasn't changed :) Averaging between 60 and 90. Sweet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't notice dude so don't worry about it :p The only thing that was weird was your characters nose haha ;) I'll upload the screenshot of it on Steam in a while. Definitely think Dan took us the wrong way for getting into Fort Zancudo lol, that mission unlocks at rank 50 so we'll have to play a lot more to do it again :)

Just decided to try maxing out the graphics at 1080p, so x8 MSAA on normal and on reflections, everything else turned up completely, my FPS hasn't changed :) Averaging between 60 and 90. Sweet! 
I better get plastic surgery done then... :joy: 

Yea I think he took us the wrong way, there must've been and easier way in like you said, I can max the game and get over 60 fps, but I need to use Vsync (or adaptive like I'm using) and while using any of those two my framerate tanks when maxing it. Without using Vsync I get the menu lag, and the game itself doesn't feel as smooth though it's over 60fps.

Hoping a patch or driver fixes it, as its annoying that I can max it but can't lol it's only a few settigns anyway, and comparing them it really only makes a tiny difference. It's nice being able to use Nvidia soft shadows, as in other games like Far Cry 4 or AC it drops the frame rate a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did anyone play Wave Race Blue Storm on GameCube years ago? Man I loved that game, I was amazed at the graphics and the water effects that splashed onscreen (like what Codemasters do). The reason I remembered that game just now is because I just did a jet ski race while playing GTA V.

Even now the sea effects look pretty good, obviously the rest looks dated but still. This was back when Nintendo made powerful consoles. Still my favourite looking console, I had a purple and black version, but really wanted a green and red one. I loved the small discs it used.

http://youtu.be/SK-LbDEDbyY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@RevolvingPrawn Can't see you doing this :joy:  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-shoots-computer-eight-times-after-getting-blue/1100-6426824/

Sums up Merica 
o:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Can't see you doing this :joy:  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-shoots-computer-eight-times-after-getting-blue/1100-6426824/

Sums up Merica 
o:) 
As frustrated as I do get sometimes with my PC when it misbehaves I don't think I'd ever do that to my PC either. I generally take good care of my machines given how expensive they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Can't see you doing this :joy:  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-shoots-computer-eight-times-after-getting-blue/1100-6426824/

Sums up Merica  o:) 
I'ts a Dell, I'd have reloaded and shot it again ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@RevolvingPrawn Not that you need it, but here's Nvidia performance guide. I read it all just go see the small differences between settings. I was right, there's no point enabling HD shadows when using Nvidia's PCSS shadows. :) 
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Not that you need it, but here's Nvidia performance guide. I read it all just go see the small differences between settings. I was right, there's no point enabling HD shadows when using Nvidia's PCSS shadows. :) 
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide
Been looking for that :p I'll go through it later and configure a few bits. Cheers dude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lukedfrt said:
Loved my GameCube, wish i still had it!
Mines just sitting around gathering dust lol
so has my PS3 lately but am planning on making use of it today as I got a few games for it recently that I hadn't hada chance to play plus I've got an extra HDMI cable now for it so I can put it into one of my spare HDMI ports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trying to steal a jet in GTA V, but keep getting killed. When I finally got into a jet and took to the air I got killed buy anti aircraft guns... :s :joy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This has just shot to the top of my likely to buy list :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxjyyA56s1I
It does look awesome doesn't it. Kinda reminds me of Rage, but actually being able to build your own ride is cool. The only problem I have is knowing who's making it. Yes Just Cause is an awesome game, but the driving physics were the worst I'd ever played in a game. The rest of it made up for that short fall, so I hope they've acutally spent time making the physics enjoyable in this game. Then maybe use similar physics for Just Cause 3. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So modders can now charge for their mods on Steam. RIP Modding...Great while it lasted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
This has just shot to the top of my likely to buy list :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxjyyA56s1I
It does look awesome doesn't it. Kinda reminds me of Rage, but actually being able to build your own ride is cool. The only problem I have is knowing who's making it. Yes Just Cause is an awesome game, but the driving physics were the worst I'd ever played in a game. The rest of it made up for that short fall, so I hope they've acutally spent time making the physics enjoyable in this game. Then maybe use similar physics for Just Cause 3. :)
Rage was one of the first things I thought of :p For me though, finding out that it's open world and there's an in-car view was probably enough lol, GTA of the dystopian future? ;)

And yes, the Just Cause physics were awful lol, but don't judge before you play! Remember Dying Light? :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
got to say I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy 13 on the PS3 very colourful game. Finding it a bit confusing in places but it's good fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AMS97KRR said:
So modders can now charge for their mods on Steam. RIP Modding...Great while it lasted...
People have always charged for some mods (just not on Steam) All good modders (and mods probably worth having) still won't charge. on some sites you can already donate to mods. Read this article, modding is not going to die  at all, and you can get a refund within 24 hours if you don't like a certain mod. I'm not happy about it, but this has been coming ever since Steam Workshop was released.
http://www.pcgamer.com/paid-mods-wont-kill-modding-and-might-make-it-better/

@RevolvingPrawn I'm not judging it yet, but I'm still a tad worried. If the physics are good then this will be an awesome game. With a game like this focused on driving. I'm sure they would've focused on getting the physics right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
People really having fun with this paid mod stuff. Read the whole description, had me in tears :joy: 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430955234&searchtext=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×