The Game Thread!

AMS97KRR said:
So modders can now charge for their mods on Steam. RIP Modding...Great while it lasted...
Nope. Modding will be fine. No good modder is going to charge for a mod when they get a 25% cut of sales only after the mod has made $100. This is just an attempt at a cash grab from Valve, who are quickly becoming as bad as EA when it comes to gaming companies.

You say that Platy, but a lot of people will happily list it as a paid mod. Wet and Cold mod for Skyrim has over 1 million downloads on the Nexus, and whilst it is free there, it is now costing people ove £2 on the Steam Workshop. 

Modding probably wont die tbh. But a fair few crappy mods are going to surface now as people look to make money fast.

Just spent hours playing GTA online with @RevolvingPrawn Had a major lol moment when doing a mission. We had to steal a jet and shoot down this big plane, but th plane crashed into the airport tower :joy: Was really funny.

Looks like Valve have realised their money grabbing idea was stupid and have removed paid mods from Steam.

"I would throw a grenaaade at yoooou" I don't think my singing went down too well with @Hughesy :p 
You could audition for Xfactor :joy: You lot missed out hearing Dave sing :#Platy said:
Looks like Valve have realised their money grabbing idea was stupid and have removed paid mods from Steam.
Really? I can't find anywhere that says that. They removed a paid mod earlier as it wasn't for the said person to sell.

Hughesy said:
"I would throw a grenaaade at yoooou" I don't think my singing went down too well with @Hughesy :p 
You could audition for Xfactor :joy: You lot missed out hearing Dave sing :#Platy said:
Really? I can't find anywhere that says that. They removed a paid mod earlier as it wasn't for the said person to sell.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/33qlme/paid_mods_appear_to_have_been_taken_down_they_are/

Getting back into iRacing.

Skippy at Road America. 15th to 3rd in 4 laps, run out of fuel on lap 9/10. My fault too as I took some out hoping it'd make me faster.

Played GTA Online for about 9-10 hours today with @RevolvingPrawn  :joy: So addictive, I could tell I was getting tired as my mouth spasm gets worse and worse lol.

Hughesy said:
Played GTA Online for about 9-10 hours today with @RevolvingPrawn  :joy: So addictive, I could tell I was getting tired as my mouth spasm gets worse and worse lol.
The awesome thing is we still have loads to do on it lol, definitely gonna try making up some races and things :)

Hughesy said:
The awesome thing is we still have loads to do on it lol, definitely gonna try making up some races and things :)
Yea I'm going to try creating a monster truck race tomorrow. B)

got to say I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy 13 on the PS3 very colourful game. Finding it a bit confusing in places but it's good fun.
That game is as confusing as the Matrix. Done a couple of playthroughs and still don't understand what was going on! They're still missing a lot from the PS1 era of FF's though I think. 7 and 8 are still near the top of my all time favourite games list despite how old they are.

got to say I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy 13 on the PS3 very colourful game. Finding it a bit confusing in places but it's good fun.
That game is as confusing as the Matrix. Done a couple of playthroughs and still don't understand what was going on! They're still missing a lot from the PS1 era of FF's though I think. 7 and 8 are still near the top of my all time favourite games list despite how old they are.
yeah I was looking for something a bit different to play on my PS3 recently watched a couple of vids and thought it looked pretty good. So decided to pick up the 3 ff13 games all for about £10 each which I thought was pretty good value. Never played any of the Final Fantasy's before although I had heard of them. The storyline is pretty confusing but the graphics are pretty good considering it's on an old gen system. I don't think I'd buy all of the FF's but these 3 looked and sounded pretty good based on what info I saw. I've been quite enjoying the first one haven't played the other 2 yet.  I'm looking forward to trying 13-2 and Lightning returns eventually though. I will say though it's definitely got a very organic feel though in that all the animation looks very fluid. Also I'm not finding the battles too tough either atm which was one thing I was worried about given I don't play these types of games on console usually.

Platy said:
Getting back into iRacing.

Skippy at Road America. 15th to 3rd in 4 laps, run out of fuel on lap 9/10. My fault too as I took some out hoping it'd make me faster.
Did that in the star mazda at Montegi, didnt realise the setup I was using only had 2 gallons. Think it was lap 4 of 16 the spotter said I had 5 laps worth of fuel left......

Although tonight I got it spot on so I ran out of fuel as I crossed the line

yeah I was looking for something a bit different to play on my PS3 recently watched a couple of vids and thought it looked pretty good. So decided to pick up the 3 ff13 games all for about £10 each which I thought was pretty good value. Never played any of the Final Fantasy's before although I had heard of them. The storyline is pretty confusing but the graphics are pretty good considering it's on an old gen system. I don't think I'd buy all of the FF's but these 3 looked and sounded pretty good based on what info I saw. I've been quite enjoying the first one haven't played the other 2 yet.  I'm looking forward to trying 13-2 and Lightning returns eventually though. I will say though it's definitely got a very organic feel though in that all the animation looks very fluid. Also I'm not finding the battles too tough either atm which was one thing I was worried about given I don't play these types of games on console usually.
Yeah it's definitely a good looking game, puts a lot of the current gen games to shame. The stories a brain twister, quite difficult to keep up with. (Though most FF's are like that!) Yeah the first few are probably a bit too old so they probably won't seem as good as they did back when they first came out.
It's definitely worth a shot though, it does get a bit more challenging later on! Yeah I like the animations too, look a lot better than the majority of games out there, even newer ones. The battles do get tougher but once you find a party you like it doesn't get too difficult!

Platy said:
Hughesy said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/33qlme/paid_mods_appear_to_have_been_taken_down_they_are/
I wouldn't call Reddit a reliable source. They haven't removed them at all as far as I can see sadly. 
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850&searchtext=&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems&admin_view=1&requiredflags%5B%5D=paiditems

http://youtu.be/eDyXIXyAZq0

F1 2015 avalable to pre purchase on Steam now. :)

Also @RevolvingPrawn Im creating that monster truck race staring at Mount Chiliad. Have to try it later  :D Having a lot of trouble though, as checkpoints have to be on flat ground so it say, but I'll keep trying. Enjoying the creator mode though, I could sink a lot of hours in doing this. It says you can test it as you go, but it's not letting me for some reason lol.

Ok finished it now, it's hard and you will crash and roll. It's taken me about 2 hours to make lol. It's called Mountain Mayhem B)

Think we've played another 5 hours of GTA Online @RevolvingPrawn :joy: I love playing it, that's like 14 hours in two days B) hooking me up to a bobcat and dropping me whilst in my car into a swimming pool was funny.

Yeah it's definitely a good looking game, puts a lot of the current gen games to shame. The stories a brain twister, quite difficult to keep up with. (Though most FF's are like that!) Yeah the first few are probably a bit too old so they probably won't seem as good as they did back when they first came out.
It's definitely worth a shot though, it does get a bit more challenging later on! Yeah I like the animations too, look a lot better than the majority of games out there, even newer ones. The battles do get tougher but once you find a party you like it doesn't get too difficult!
Yeah the eidolon battles are tough but aside from that I'm not doing too badly

@Hughesy My race is nearly ready dude, it's fairly high speed :)
Cool, I look forward to racing it later  :D What time are we meeting up, about 7:30? Then wait until whenever Dan come on. Hope we can do the heist with a mate, as randoms are weird, and the Dutch guy seems to make the game lag for some reason...

Hughesy said:
Cool, I look forward to racing it later  :D What time are we meeting up, about 7:30? Then wait until whenever Dan come on. Hope we can do the heist with a mate, as randoms are weird, and the Dutch guy seems to make the game lag for some reason...
And it's finally finished lol. Yea sometime around then I think dude, we'll just do a few missions if he isn't on when we are :) I'm hoping we can get Krazy again, the first guy who joined us, he was a decent guy!

Hughesy said:
And it's finally finished lol. Yea sometime around then I think dude, we'll just do a few missions if he isn't on when we are :) I'm hoping we can get Krazy again, the first guy who joined us, he was a decent guy!
See, you spend ages making a race, it's fun isn't it :) Do you mean the first random guy? He was ok apart from getting on the wrong bike lol. When we did the first heist, that bloke that joined was good. It was your brothers mate, hope he plays a heist with us again at some point. I'm thinking about editing my crazy race, put jumps on the downhill section for extra craziness, also changing a few checkpoints and the end. :joy: 

Might make a race on the beach later as well. I'm hoping they let us create our own heists at some point, that would be awesome.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
See, you spend ages making a race, it's fun isn't it :) Do you mean the first random guy? He was ok apart from getting on the wrong bike lol. When we did the first heist, that bloke that joined was good. It was your brothers mate, hope he plays a heist with us again at some point. I'm thinking about editing my crazy race, put jumps on the downhill section for extra craziness, also changing a few checkpoints and the end. :joy: 

Might make a race on the beach later as well. I'm hoping they let us create our own heists at some point, that would be awesome.
The funny thing is I had my route planned out since last night :p Spent 15 mins or so putting down the checkpoints, then about 4 hours fine tuning all the little details like barrier placement and other things lol. Stuff we'll barely notice at the speeds we'll be doing :p But when you whizz past a concrete bollard and the stripes on it are facing in the direction the course takes, spare a thought for me going round and making sure they all point the right way lol. 

The guy from the first heist is Krazy :p He's the one I meant. He's online atm so hopefully when the 3 of us are he'll be up for it :) And I'd love to make heists lol, but considering they don't even let you create a proper mission it may never happen unfortunately. Eating soon, will be on ASAP dude.

Cool, I'll probably only be on until 10 tonight, as I've got to be up early tomorrow. Hopefully that's enough time to finish the heists. If not I'll stay until we complete it, as it needs to be done :)