The Game Thread!

It does indeed need to be done lol, alternate routes on the bikes this time :p I was thinking 10:30/11 for me anyway, up early too tomorrow.

Loved that heist. Hearing @RevolvingPrawn lose his cool was funny, as he's normally so chilled :joy: 

It was those damn cops man, police brutality lol. Just checking the Steam user forums for GTA, seems I'm not the only person who got those achievements for levelling up without actually having levelled up :/

Haha, showed that to a guy at work and he's considering buying the game now, if he does I've already told him he's joining us for heists lol. Tried the game on my laptop now, it runs! Settings all at lowest but at 1366x768 it looks roughly on par with the 360 version :)

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Funny GTA mod anyone :joy: 
http://youtu.be/eODDe5rZI-U
somebody's clearly trying very hard to fish for compliments :p

Haha, showed that to a guy at work and he's considering buying the game now, if he does I've already told him he's joining us for heists lol. Tried the game on my laptop now, it runs! Settings all at lowest but at 1366x768 it looks roughly on par with the 360 version :)
You up for messing around on it tonight? If not no worries :)

Hughesy said:
Sure am dude, just accidentally spent $50,000 showing the guy Online so I gotta make it back :p First heist is 2 player so we'll do that :)

Hughesy said:
Sure am dude, just accidentally spent $50,000 showing the guy Online so I gotta make it back :p First heist is 2 player so we'll do that :)
Awesome :) This day is dragging for me, can't wait until tomorrow when I take my car in to be fixed, thus never having to see that bloody hole again lol.

Also this has just been released, I'll buy it when the game is finished. http://www.pcgamer.com/dirt-rally-skids-onto-steam-early-access/

They snuck that out. May pick it up on payday, see what people are saying first. Good sign that they've listened to fans though.

The next DiRT game is here in early access form on steam, the trailer doesn't look promising to me but it's early days so time will tell if it gets better :)

DiRT rally

Bit of gameplay footage. Been reading good things, a fair few people are saying the cars aren't stupidly twitchy anymore and that they feel well weighted, and also that it's hard (which is good!). I've even seen a few people comparing it to Richard Burns Rally in a good way... Could it be that CM has finally decided to ditch all the gimicky crap and listen to what the fans want?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSONUAl9clI

Bit of gameplay footage. Been reading good things, a fair few people are saying the cars aren't stupidly twitchy anymore and that they feel well weighted, and also that it's hard (which is good!). I've even seen a few people comparing it to Richard Burns Rally in a good way... Could it be that CM has finally decided to ditch all the gimicky crap and listen to what the fans want?

Trailblazer is coming back in a future update (they will be using Pikes peak) and also Rallycross is also coming back in a future update.

Well the new DiRT game seems like it's going to be purely rally which is definitely a good thing! The early-access route should be good for the developers too. It'll be good to have the feedback before releasing it as a full blown game.

And Rallycross will eventually come to the game too!

I wish I had the PC to buy it and play it already! Maybe I should consider buying myself a new gaming PC instead of a PS4? My mate has done that and he loves it, soo what do you think?

Trailblazer is coming back in a future update (they will be using Pikes peak) and also Rallycross is also coming back in a future update.
Neither is what I'd consider gimmicky :p I meant all the 'bro' voice-over and flashy menus.

Oh yeah I didn't like the American 'dude' in DiRT 3. You're not my 'amigo'! :p

Just done my first stage on it, massive massive massive improvement over Dirt 2 and 3 :) The car feels much weightier and it's definitely a lot harder now lol, almost feels sim and I'm thinking with a wheel it'll be amazing :) Had the AI set to Professional and I finished 51 seconds behind haha!

If F1 is anywhere near as good in terms of realism it'll be a great game.

There's punctures! Hit a banking a bit hard with left rear and heard a whoosh of air, the car kind of pulled to the left but it was manageable, a few corners later, pop! Spun out like crazy lol. Carried on to the finish but it was difficult and the noise of the rim scraping along was excruciating lol. Damn good job this time CM :)

Let me know how it is with a wheel if you get the chance to try it. Sounds promising.

What are the stage lengths like? Would love some realistic 20 minute stages.

It'll probably be a while before I get a chance to try it with my wheel bud. So far I've only tried 2 stages but both were about 3/4 minutes in length, but I spent a lot more time than that from having to restart a lot lol. There's no flashback in this, feels a bit like a modern Colin McRea Rally only more difficult. The stages may be longer in career but I haven't tried that yet.

Just a few niggles so far, if you're at high speed and have to brake hard for an upcoming hairpin it feels like the brakes aren't really working, but at medium and low speeds they're almost a bit too good. And if you make a mistake and go off or end up backwards just drive out yourself, you get a 13/14/15 second penalty any time you reset your car. Way too much imo, 5 seconds would have been better if there has to be a penalty for it. 

They are just niggles though, and they do have an upside. I'm making less mistakes and improving because I know I'll pretty much have to restart the stage if I do :p 

Ok now it's official, Valve has removed paid mods :D The wording makes it seem like paid mods will still be a thing with some new games.
http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-has-removed-paid-mods-functionality-from-steam-workshop/

Great session on GTA online last night with @RevolvingPrawn Just wish we had fellow forum members to do heists with. Btw mate I just bought Dirt Rally as I've seen such positive comments, downloading it now. :) And at £22 it's pretty cheap.

Yea, we need some people from here to get it and join us!

I don't think you'll regret getting it, CM has done a pretty special job on Dirt Rally, it's probably the most impressive game they've made in quite a time!

I don't think you'll regret getting it, CM has done a pretty special job on Dirt Rally, it's probably the most impressive game they've made in quite a time!
Yes the last being DiRT 2 :)

The last ones for me were Dirt and F1 2010 (nostalgia reasons for 2010 :p). By Dirt 2 the annoying gimmicks had started creeping in.

The last ones for me were Dirt and F1 2010 (nostalgia reasons for 2010 :p). By Dirt 2 the annoying gimmicks had started creeping in.
Yea Dirt 2 onwards had major dude bro crap, made my ears bleed :#

Dirt Rally has finished downloading, just setting up my wheel. :)