The Game Thread!

Praise the lord!
  • New DUALSHOCK 4 Options: New light bar settings have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4 touchpad.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/29/major-ps4-system-update-out-tomorrow-updates-for-ps-vita-and-ps-app/
Haven't updated to the latest version yet, still waiting for a update to allow external devices.

Now I'm not going to enter into a petty console war, but before I end, Xbox sucks. Just putting it out there.
Can you talk to your PS4? ;)
I can. I'll just look like a psychopath if I do. :P

But yes, there is voice control on the PS4.
How does it work? Didn't know that the PS4 had it too lol.

For me it's something I thought would be gimmicky on the XB1, but I'm using far more often than I expected.
Barely.

Lol, that sucks dude :p Tbf though, the XB1 voice controls can be a bit rubbish. Sometimes you can repeat yourself 5 or 6 times before it picks up your voice. 

Strangely enough though, if you put on an American accent it picks you up first time every time 8-|

Praise the lord!
  • New DUALSHOCK 4 Options: New light bar settings have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4 touchpad.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/29/major-ps4-system-update-out-tomorrow-updates-for-ps-vita-and-ps-app/
About damn time. I'm hoping to see some nice battery life improvements with it set to Dim. What I *really* need is a media remote so I can browse Netflix and such without the DS4.

I feel slightly spoiled but I got a PS4 for my B'day. :P 

So far i'm liking it, gonna buy BF4 in the next few days so the dream team (myself and @onetwothree ;) ) can once again dominate on the battlefield. :P

I still don't have Syn on my PSN friends list yet! :P What's your PSN Syn?

Don't forget @SynGamer! I've not played Battlefield 4 for about two one and a half months.
Same ;) I played it a weekend or two ago, but haven't had much time to come back. I'm hoping to play this weekend.

Also, I just updated to 1.70 and the DS4 lightbar dimming is an improvement. I still wish there was a way to turn it off if there is no PS Camera hooked up, but it's a start. I don't expect a huge improvement for battery life, but no doubt we'll see some articles out within the next day or two.

I've read that you can swap the DS4 battery with the DS3 battery which is apparently larger (not physically), though, it does void your warranty.

I still don't have Syn on my PSN friends list yet! :P What's your PSN Syn?
Same as on here (and almost everywhere else) :)

I'm trying out the PS4's livestream feature. If anyone wants to watch me suck at FIFA, please feel free.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/captncrumble-s-ps4-live-show

Yeah it was about a minute delayed but ended as soon as I pressed stop broadcast about 5 seconds after the game finished. Thanks Ustream. I won 1-0.

I'll be trying Twitch later.

Ron666 said:
Ron666 said:
Then what's the point of my DVD then ? Steam's downloading the game all over again.
The 7GB download comes from the disc not steam so shouldn't go towards your monthly download limit but the update is from steam which shouldn't be much.
No, first the 7 GB is installed from DVD but then it's again being downloaded from internet. I have verified it by checking internet usage.
Maybe they patched the game since you bought it?
Bloody hell 7GB patch ???!!! And I thought EA were the only A-holes out there with their patching policy !!! Nonetheless I am gonna give it another shot or else I am buying F1 2014. 

Yeah it was about a minute delayed but ended as soon as I pressed stop broadcast about 5 seconds after the game finished. Thanks Ustream. I won 1-0.

I'll be trying Twitch later.
Twitch from the PS4 is very good!