The Game Thread!

Yeah I might struggle but that doesn't mean I can't have fun with it but it depends on how the bottom levels perform are like as  usually I play at that level. I have played the colin Mcrae games and that without too many problems so we'll see. Besides like Hughesy sometimes I enjoy a challenge

Edit decided to try and take it on after giving it a few moments thought. Got it downloading now

Yeah I might struggle but that doesn't mean I can't have fun with it but it depends on how the bottom levels perform are like as  usually I play at that level. I have played the colin Mcrae games and that without too many problems so we'll see. Besides like Hughesy sometimes I enjoy a challenge

Edit decided to try and take it on after giving it a few moments thought. Got it downloading now

Haha thought you might, it's going to be hard but I'm sure you'll still enjoy it bud. :) can't remember which rally game it was, but it might've been a McRae game and I managed ok with a keyboard. I'd do custom races first mate and start with the 60s Mini. So far I've found the easiest stages are the Greek ones. The Welsh stages are the hardest but also my favourites. Can't wait for more content to be added, especially Hill Climbs.

When you do career you have to then buy a car, after that you need to hire an engineer (you already start with a crew chief) I went with the best I could afford. The longer you keep the chief the better he gets. With engineers you'll notice you hire them for a certain time frame, at the moment mine has 26 stages left at which point I can extend the contract or hire a new one. You can have more than one but it costs a lot to unlock. Hope you enjoy it mate :)

Hughesy said:

Haha thought you might, it's going to be hard but I'm sure you'll still enjoy it bud. :) can't remember which rally game it was, but it might've been a McRae game and I managed ok with a keyboard. I'd do custom races first mate and start with the 60s Mini. So far I've found the easiest stages are the Greek ones. The Welsh stages are the hardest but also my favourites. Can't wait for more content to be added, especially Hill Climbs.

When you do career you have to then buy a car, after that you need to hire an engineer (you already start with a crew chief) I went with the best I could afford. The longer you keep the chief the better he gets. With engineers you'll notice you hire them for a certain time frame, at the moment mine has 26 stages left at which point I can extend the contract or hire a new one. You can have more than one but it costs a lot to unlock. Hope you enjoy it mate :)

yeah at least it's one step up on the new F1 game in that it's got a career mode. Besides I've ended upsieddown in ditches before so it's no biggie in these games.  I also normally get a few practice runs in before racing proper anyway so I'll be prepared before I take the career on. Still downloading atm got about another 25mins on the clock. Will do a couple of runs on it tonight to get a good feel I hope.

Had a g oat it now and did 3 stages of the greek one and finished 9th. I think so far for my first go that's good seeing I don't know the tracks that well. Fills me with hope I can improve though once I get to grips with it all  though

Hughesy said:
Just slashed another four seconds off my time on Bidno Moorland B)
I've been under 4 minutes on the mini. I think with another 4 secs you might have pipped me. Strangely enough I couldn't get much quicker in the Group B Lancia, even though it felt a lot faster. I had real problems getting round that hairpin (3:27 I think in your vid). There is a real issue getting enough swing in the back end with the handbrake.

dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:
I've been under 4 minutes on the mini. I think with another 4 secs you might have pipped me. Strangely enough I couldn't get much quicker in the Group B Lancia, even though it felt a lot faster. I had real problems getting round that hairpin (3:27 I think in your vid). There is a real issue getting enough swing in the back end with the handbrake.
Put your brake balance more to the rear. I find sometimes whilst still accelerating press the brake whilst also turning towards the corner helps, and then press the handbrake. The Mini is front wheel drive so will always understeer. I also have my diff set to loose. What gear did you shift down to? I went for 1st. You could also point away from the corner slightly and then start turning the other way and braking / using the handbrake. My best time on that stage is 3:53 now I think :)

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:
Put your brake balance more to the rear. I find sometimes whilst still accelerating press the brake whilst also turning towards the corner helps, and then press the handbrake. The Mini is front wheel drive so will always understeer. I also have my diff set to loose. What gear did you shift down to? I went for 1st. You could also point away from the corner slightly and then start turning the other way and braking / using the handbrake. My best time on that stage is 3:53 now I think :)
Ta.

The problems were more with the Lancia than the mini. With the mini I find it is all about maintaining momentum, because of the lack of power. With the Lancia its more about keeping the damn thing on the road. The ideas are good though I'll try the brake balance. re the gear - yes I understand, more wheelspin might flick the back end out - but (embarassingly) I have to admit I am on auto. I tried the weight transfer/flick, didn't seem to have much effect.

Ah I've never tried the Lancia, as I love the Mini. No embarrassment to using Auto gears mate, whatever works for you to enjoy it :)

Edit: Yep I need to up the difficulty to expert, as on pro I just finished 13 seconds quicker on a single stage than 2nd place.

Love this!
http://youtu.be/dg5kBYyaY0g

Edit: This place has been remarkably quiet today, mainly been talking to myself so I'll carry on :joy: Turns out playing GTA V Online on your own is boring, very boring :(

Well, spent an hour on that stage trying to nail it in the Mini and still barely beat 4 minutes. Still having problems getting round the corners but starting to notice a few things. First very little swing induced by the handbrake. What the handbrake is good for is extra slow down so you lose less time going into the corner. Taking the corner is all about the right speed for me at the moment. If I go in slow then hit the power hard I can normally get round.

Good news is that the lancia is getting better for me and I am under 3:30 on that stage. I think there is a lot more to be had out of it as well. It is a fantastic game. 

Anyone looking for a good new gen pool/snooker game for the XB1 should check out poolnation FX it's a pretty good little game Had a go at it last night and had some good fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSsbaycW1fU

Anyone looking for a good new gen pool/snooker game for the XB1 should check out poolnation FX it's a pretty good little game Had a go at it last night and had some good fun.

Already got it, but I got it for free due to having Xbox Live Gold :p 

Hughesy said:

Already got it, but I got it for free due to having Xbox Live Gold :p 
yeah it's a good fun game I had to pay as I didn't have gold but it's a good game been playing a lot of snooker/pool lately on my PC that's probably why it showed up on my radar. Had a blast with it last night. Only cost £8 though

I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to in a bit. Wish there was an official snooker game, as I loved them. Now that I can't play snooker anymore (I was a member of a snooker club when I was younger) I can only play the games. Snooker isn't the type of game that will sell millions, which is why we don't see them.

Hughesy said:
I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to in a bit. Wish there was an official snooker game, as I loved them. Now that I can't play snooker anymore (I was a member of a snooker club when I was younger) I can only play the games. Snooker isn't the type of game that will sell millions, which is why we don't see them.
yeah the last one Blade did was in 2011 but I think they went bankrupt after that. Shame really as they did a pretty good job up until that last one. The 2011 one was bit of a disappointing one as it did miss a few features like spots on the tables. But the 2009 game backwards were all pretty good games. Been playing the 2004 and 2009 versions as they're the ones I tend to like playing the most. Admitte4dly they're not PS4/XB1 level but they're as close to official as we're likely to get as like CM's F1 games it was a licensed series. Playing pretty well right now as I've just made my second final of the season in the Irish masters Lost my first one at the British open hoping to do better this time though on the 2004 game.

Yea it is a shame. I've been playing a Snooker game on my IPad a lot, International Snooker 2012, it's not bad for a tablet game. Might download the newer version (2014) there's a free and paid version, not sure what the difference is.

No GTA Online tonight then mate? @RevolvingPrawn 

And I know this seems like a bad thing, but it's actually a good thing. Mods will no longer work if a player is connected to the Internet, thus less chance of seeing people using mods like god mode (which I haven't encountered yet)

http://www.pcgamer.com/grand-theft-auto-5-patch-kills-mod-support/

Hughesy said:
Yea it is a shame. I've been playing a Snooker game on my IPad a lot, International Snooker 2012, it's not bad for a tablet game. Might download the newer version (2014) there's a free and paid version, not sure what the difference is.

Yeah I've got International Snooker as well. Not quite as good as the Blade ones but it's not bad

Won the Irish masters final 3-1 in the end and jumped up 50 places in the world rankings as I was 107 in the world and now 59 after that tournament

Hughesy said:

Yeah I've got International Snooker as well. Not quite as good as the Blade ones but it's not bad

Won the Irish masters final 3-1 in the end and jumped up 50 places in the world rankings as I was 107 in the world and now 59 after that tournament

Yea I'd agree with that. Just booted up Poolnation FX, man it takes a long time to load the game.  Really nice graphics though  :) Pretty fun, although I much prefer Snooker compared to pool.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Yea I'd agree with that. Just booted up Poolnation FX, man it takes a long time to load the game.  Really nice graphics though  :) Pretty fun, although I much prefer Snooker compared to pool.
yeah it was a bit slow to load for me as well but as you say it's a really nice looking game seeing as it's made by a studio on a tight budget

My new favourite thing to do on GTA... Golf cart racing. Spent the last hour with tears streaming down my face from laughter :D 

My new favourite thing to do on GTA... Golf cart racing. Spent the last hour with tears streaming down my face from laughter :D 
Would've loved to join in, golf carts are awesome! I once got into a police chase with me driving a golf cart :joy: Great fun.

If you'd been playing at the time you'd have gotten an invite dude :p Both Dan and I said it would have been better with the 3 of us.

If you'd been playing at the time you'd have gotten an invite dude :p Both Dan and I said it would have been better with the 3 of us.
I was on when you were playing bud, unless you weren't playing online at that point. Been waiting to play online with you guys for a few days now ;) Anyway I look forward to golf cart racing soon. :joy: 

Hughesy said:
I was on when you were playing bud, unless you weren't playing online at that point. Been waiting to play online with you guys for a few days now ;) Anyway I look forward to golf cart racing soon. :joy: 
Yea I was on single player when you were on dude, it was like 10:30 when Dan messaged asking if I wanted to play online, and once I'd gotten on I had a look for you and couldn't see you online.

Hughesy said:
Yea I was on single player when you were on dude, it was like 10:30 when Dan messaged asking if I wanted to play online, and once I'd gotten on I had a look for you and couldn't see you online.
10:30 was when I logged off, :( Should've sent me a message on here as I would've been up for it as I was staying up all night. Doh