The Game Thread!

I might be able to do it tomorrow?

Emphesis on the might...not 100% if I'm meant to be working tomorrow or not...

Good news! And not about the Dacia Sandero (have I already used this joke?). Anyway, it really isn't great news. After months of trying, I'm still stuck on the Prison Break heist. The wanted level glitch seems to have gone away but my new problem is trolls who intentionally kill themselves or quit the mission at the very end. It's happened twice and I was absolutely sick of it the first time it happened.

My solution is: I need two (2) people that aren't complete swabfists to help me complete the mission. Takers? @Lukedfrt @Matthew77258 @couger1981 @jordieDAFC
I may get on tomorrow night.

You guys seen this? An amazing work of art, btw it's a real N64 :o

id recommend PCARS here a nice little video to get u into it, defo a very fun game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P15g5x-C_4

Bloody internet is doing my head in :angry: Had to give up trying to play GTA V with @RevolvingPrawn Not sure what's going on, but same thing happened this time last night. Before this I hadn't had a problem like this as long as I could remember. On top of this one of my dogs has just been sick, what a night....

Just tried Far Cry 4 on the last patch released, it lasted 15 minutes this time before a complete system crash. Suppose it's an improvement from the 3 minutes it lasted on the last patch.

Still a successful mission  o:) I'm going to try and get to the Mün soon, as I'm going to play sandbox mode :)

Successful right up until reentry to Kerbin lol. The game wouldn't respond to any of my inputs so I ended up having to ctrl alt del it as my capsule was coming back through the atmosphere :(

Lol what a time for it to go wrong. I'm now starting to build my MK1 Mün ship, any tips for once I get into space? I've never tried flying to a planet so I'm probably going to fail...

Edit: Decided to use a pre built one so that I can focus on just getting to Mün. I'm on course to get there, but what I do once I get there I do not know. Baby steps  o:)

Hughesy said:
Lol what a time for it to go wrong. I'm now starting to build my MK1 Mün ship, any tips for once I get into space? I've never tried flying to a planet so I'm probably going to fail...

Edit: Decided to use a pre built one so that I can focus on just getting to Mün. I'm on course to get there, but what I do once I get there I do not know. Baby steps  o:)
Lol, too complicated to explain by text, I'd need to talk you through it over Skype while playing it at the same time :p Only advice I can really give is preplan your moves by clicking on the line you're travelling along and adding a maneuver, then pull the symbols out to figure out how they'll affect your trajectory. I'll put up a screenshot of what I mean shortly, but if you have a good orbit around Kerbin then it's the yellow one you wanna pull out to extend your orbit to the Mun. 

Also, when you launch press 'T' to turn on the SAS module to keep you stable. And when you need to make small direction changes when landing on the Mun, use the RCS directional thrusters rather than just your engine. Hit 'R' on the keyboard to activate RCS, then use IJKL as if they're WASD, H to accelerate forwards, and N to go backwards.

Also, watch Scott Manley! He's where I learned everything I know about KSP from lol.

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone here play Tropico 5? 

Considering getting it for PS4...
I play it on PC, it's awesome :) Not sure if you've played previous ones, but it's my favourite in the series.

Ok I've run out of time to upload screenshots lol. I can give you a KSP walkthrough later instead of GTA though if you want? Don't mind when we play GTA really :) 

Ok I've run out of time to upload screenshots lol. I can give you a KSP walkthrough later instead of GTA though if you want? Don't mind when we play GTA really :) 
I think it's all starting to make sense now bud, doing the tutorial has made it all pretty simple to understand. I was trying to be too ambitious lol. Going to do them all and then try getting to the Mun. :) Now it's all starting to make sense it brings the enjoyment level up to another level. I'll let you know how I get on, I'm just doing to the Mun part 1 :)

I am intrigued... Apparently this has single and multiplayer, supports VR headsets, has a level editor, and supports modding through Steam Workshop. Also it's coming to Xbox One and PS4 eventually. The early access comes out the same week as Jurassic World (convenient lol), but it looks pretty sweet, some of those scenes look fantastic :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW9vsrPWujI

@Hughesy If it's good, then possibly another game for us to team up on? :p 

Yea seen that, it does look awesome. Not sure if I'll buy the early access, but I'll see. If the game is as impressive as the video then I'll love it :) We need more games to play together. If you could get Far Cry 4 working properly then we could play that together, it's annoying as it works fine for me and I'm sure it would be fun to play together.

Had to stop playin Kerbal to cook food, so I'll get to it at some point. I'm on babysitting duty tomorrow, why do people have kids? They take up far too much time :joy: I do love my nephew, but it's not making me want kids at all. Bringing my dad along, as for some reason Owen likes him, same level of intelligence I suppose o:)

Also not that I pay much attention to GS, but seeing a perfect score is making me even more excited for The Witcher 3. Preload is done, now just waiting for the day 
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/

Hughesy said:
Yea seen that, it does look awesome. Not sure if I'll buy the early access, but I'll see. If the game is as impressive as the video then I'll love it :) We need more games to play together. If you could get Far Cry 4 working properly then we could play that together, it's annoying as it works fine for me and I'm sure it would be fun to play together.

Had to stop playin Kerbal to cook food, so I'll get to it at some point. I'm on babysitting duty tomorrow, why do people have kids? They take up far too much time :joy: I do love my nephew, but it's not making me want kids at all. Bringing my dad along, as for some reason Owen likes him, same level of intelligence I suppose o:)

Also not that I pay much attention to GS, but seeing a perfect score is making me even more excited for The Witcher 3. Preload is done, now just waiting for the day http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/
Here's hoping it lives up to expectations! As for FC4, I've read that it could be the Nvidia shadows (again) bugging the game out and making it crash so often. Next time I load it up I'll try different ones and see if I can get it running but I kinda have doubts it'll work at all. 

Never having kids if I can help it so have fun :p Wouldn't wanna be in your shoes lol.

Better have a vasectomy to be on the safe side :joy: I honestly don't see why people want kids, they take up time, sleep and money. I've only got to look after him from 9:30 to 12:30 so not too long, I already have one of his cartoons stuck in my head. It's called Chuggington, and is basically a Thomas the Tank Engine ripoff :neutral: 

Anyway back on topic, what time do you want to play GTA tonight?