The Game Thread!

Looks like quite a small wheel from the image? Looks awesome though, the shifters look good especially.

Looks more like an updated Driving Force GT to me bud.
Logitech stopped making wheels a few years ago, so if anything is updated then it'd have to be a new wheel. Will have to wait and see if it's legit but this site has some information and a couple of pictures. http://www.maxconsole.com/news/GENERAL/EXCLUSIVE--Logitech-G29-Driving-Force-Racing-Wheel-Info-RKSID00000000000000003301.html

Really, I thought they said they weren't making wheels anymore? Kinda looks ugly, like a mashup of a DFGT and G27. If it's real then it is a PS4 wheel due to having a share button, so still no love for Xbox users. Looks like the shifter is sold separately, having it as a package is what made the G27 good value. I hope it's belt driven rather than gears, as that makes a huge difference to feel and FFB. After using a Fanatec GT2 and then T500rs I couldn't go back to my G27, which is when I sold it to @RevolvingPrawn 

The rim looks chunky which is good, as Logitech wheels were a bit thin for my liking.

I hate Playstation. 

I guess they're making this seeing as Gran Turismo 7 should be out sometime in the next year and a half right? Even if it works with PC though, there's no way I'd bother with it after seeing those Playstation buttons on it. I'll stick with the G27 ;)

I'm not surprised that it's delayed. What I am surprised about is the massive lack of announcement of this fact. I only realised when I read the forum, as there was no official statement about it until a couple of hours after the video.

I'll be honest, the lack of any true gameplay is frustrating me. The teaser trailer might show off the visuals well (even though a couple of shots were bad with the textures), but only proper gameplay shows it off. Screenshots are ok, but it doesn't beat good ole' gameplay.

Why can't F1 2015 have the same sort of publicity treatment as DiRT Rally has got? All the time on Twitter it's new things, so open about everything, but F1 2015 has had virtually nothing. We were hinted that we'd be treated to some dev diaries, and behind the scenes access like never seen before, but that's not happened, yet...

I just hope that we're bombarded with a tonne of new info, gameplay (no, not trailers, actual proper gameplay with the HUD and everything), dev diaries, just as much as possible.

This is meant to be a new direction for the F1 series I believe, but it looks same old to me, there's nothing to suggest it's such a massive improvement.

I'm not surprised that it's delayed. What I am surprised about is the massive lack of announcement of this fact. I only realised when I read the forum, as there was no official statement about it until a couple of hours after the video.

I'll be honest, the lack of any true gameplay is frustrating me. The teaser trailer might show off the visuals well (even though a couple of shots were bad with the textures), but only proper gameplay shows it off. Screenshots are ok, but it doesn't beat good ole' gameplay.

Why can't F1 2015 have the same sort of publicity treatment as DiRT Rally has got? All the time on Twitter it's new things, so open about everything, but F1 2015 has had virtually nothing. We were hinted that we'd be treated to some dev diaries, and behind the scenes access like never seen before, but that's not happened, yet...

I just hope that we're bombarded with a tonne of new info, gameplay (no, not trailers, actual proper gameplay with the HUD and everything), dev diaries, just as much as possible.

This is meant to be a new direction for the F1 series I believe, but it looks same old to me, there's nothing to suggest it's such a massive improvement.

agreed I'm not surprised it's been delayed but I am surprised it's taking as long as it is to really show us anything and give the publicity to the game that it deserves. I admit I have my doubts about buying it but unless they start showing things that swing me over to their side they'll be lucky if I even pick it up out of the bargain bin.

What platform are you on?
I'm on PC, planning to play DiRT Rally primarily. I would have chosen the G27, but I wanted a sequential stick shifter. Anyways, I don't know if I should wait and play on my XBOX 360 controller (which is awful for DiRT Rally) or just buy the G25, which is currently supported for DR.

Buy a T500rs, I've owned most wheels so I can says what's good. If you only play on PC I'd even suggest getting a Fanatec GT3, it's cheaper than a GT2 becuase it doesn't have Xbox 360 compatibility, but is essentially the same wheel. Can't say what the new Logitech wheel will be like, but that picture makes it look more like a DFGT and geared towards PS4. The G29 or whatever it's going to be called doesn't have a sequential shifter, so if you want that then I wouldn't wait for that wheel. Maybe it will have one, but it'll be an addon that you buy separate.

Have to admit I'm making better progress than I thought I would as a dwarven noble warrior on DA Origins. I'm kind of missing throwing fireballs around and freezing people on the spot as a mage but it's still fun. I've managed to do the Circle tower and the urn of sacred ashes missions. Still need to recruit the elves and go to my old home town of Orzammar for the dwarves that'll be interesting. I've only been brought down twice so far once in the circle tower the other time in the fight with Zevran who I killed in the end. So I'd consider that a good run so far

Gwent is the best card game ever created in a game ever. It's a card game in The Witcher 3 and is strangely addictive, as you beat people you get better cards :)

Hughesy said:
Gwent is the best card game ever created in a game ever. It's a card game in The Witcher 3 and is strangely addictive, as you beat people you get better cards :)
sounds like we're both enjoying medieval RPG's then atm.

Hughesy said:
Yep, normally I wouldn't play these mini games, but this is the type of card game I wouldn't mind playing in real life.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Yep, normally I wouldn't play these mini games, but this is the type of card game I wouldn't mind playing in real life.
Yeah I tend to only use those minigames to boost up my characters cash levels to where I need them to be  as well so I can afford the equipment I need for taking on the tougher enemies at the end of the game. But as you say some of them can be quite good fun I find a lot of the mini challenges in the Citadel DLC for ME3 very good fun as well. Haven't got around to playing the Witcher games yet but I have got them downloaded and ready to go on my system for when I'm finished my current DA run

Witcher 3 is pretty good from what little I've played so far, only just got it. Probably going to spend most my time on that until Elder Scrolls Online comes out. That and Mortal Kombat X which I also recently bought. Quite enjoying that too.

Witcher 3 is pretty good from what little I've played so far, only just got it. Probably going to spend most my time on that until Elder Scrolls Online comes out. That and Mortal Kombat X which I also recently bought. Quite enjoying that too.
yeah the Witcher games do look pretty good looking forward to playing them myself when I get around to it that is. Currently negotiating the nightmare known as Orzammar atm on DA Origins but will be happy once I get through it, as it's definitely one of the toughest sections in the game although I'm definitely finding combat a lot easier as a warrior than I thought I might. Even the boss fights aren't proving that tricky at the moment and they're much harder as a mage. It may be partly down to the fact I know how the game works better now though.

So FIFA 16 will feature womens teams. I, for one, am excited, so long as Ellyse Perry's in the game.
yeah I posted this in the Fifa thread I read on my twitter feed last night that they we re going to be revealing something about Fifa 16 today and found it was that earlier on.