The Game Thread!

Anytime other than tomorrow night. I can do now if you're not busy?

Okay so apparently I need to redo the prologue, give me 5 mins

Any OT members don't download the latest DiRT rally update it's deleting saves and killing FFB support.

Managed to asve both Amaranthine and Vigils keep with it's upgrades very pleased with that just the smaller short DLC left and then it's onto DA2.

Assetto Corsa is coming to console http://www.assettocorsa.net/coming-to-console-2016/

This has me more excited than anything. Fallout 4 :D
http://youtu.be/Lnn2rJpjar4

Playing F1 2014 for the first time using a controller, I can see why people were angry. It's so easy using a controller, I can't spin the wheels even in 1st and second gear, yet using a wheel I get wheel spin in 4th and 5th gear. I'm so much quicker with a controller even though I never normally use it for racing games. Let's hope they get the balance right for the next game.

Saying that though it did feel fun even using a controller, normally I feel very uncomfortable using that instead of a wheel. 

Goes to preorder Fallout 4 on Steam, looks at the price.......

http://youtu.be/96B_Q6K7GUY

Dream on, I'm not paying the same amount as a console game...

£10 less and I'd think about preordering it. 

But considering some of the key sites have it for preorder at less than half the price of Steam... 

I don't think any PC game should cost more than £35, normally £30 is my limit or around that. Microsoft and Sony take a large cut on consoles, and patches cost money for devs, whereas you don't have that on PC. The prices on Steam are becoming ridiculous, I'll never resort to buying from unofficial keysites though. Not only do I not trust them, I don't trust them with my debit card information.

Hughesy said:
I don't think any PC game should cost more than £35, normally £30 is my limit or around that. Microsoft and Sony take a large cut on consoles, and patches cost money for devs, whereas you don't have that on PC. The prices on Steam are becoming ridiculous, I'll never resort to buying from unofficial keysites though. Not only do I not trust them, I don't trust them with my debit card information.
Yea I'd say £29 is pretty reasonable really. 

I don't think Microsoft charge for console game patches anymore dude, pretty sure I read something about that a while before the X1 came out, probably so that they could entice more indie devs. But I'm completely in agreement on Steam prices. After seeing The Witcher 3 on there for £49.99 and now Fallout 4 for the same price I won't be buying from either.
And I wouldn't trust a Steam key site with my debit card details either, which is why it's lucky all the ones I use accept PayPal ;)

Hughesy said:
Yea I'd say £29 is pretty reasonable really. 

I don't think Microsoft charge for console game patches anymore dude, pretty sure I read something about that a while before the X1 came out, probably so that they could entice more indie devs. But I'm completely in agreement on Steam prices. After seeing The Witcher 3 on there for £49.99 and now Fallout 4 for the same price I won't be buying from either.
And I wouldn't trust a Steam key site with my debit card details either, which is why it's lucky all the ones I use accept PayPal ;)
yeah if it's a collection of games then fair enough but not for 1 game. I managed to get all 3 witcher games for that price on Steam not that long ago an also that package included all the DLC for the first 2 games as well. But for just one game I don't think I'd ever pay that and it would have to be one hell of a game for me to even consider it. Although it does look a good game but based on that trailer @hughesy put up it doesn't really look any more special than any other game I've seen tbh.

I know the season is over, but I finally decided to buy FM15 as it was only £10.

Worth it, I usually go for every other version as there's not much change each year.

I normally get each new version even though changes are minimal, for this price I thought it was worth it. I'm enjoying it so far, I'm glad I can make text bigger, playing at 1440p that is needed. :)

For someone who's pretty much out of the loop, can someone explain to me what's happening with F1 2015? I've been speaking to a few old members of the forum who don't venture onto here much anymore and they're telling me some things that don't seem very promising for the game. I could actually do the research myself, but i'm pretty lazy.