The Game Thread!

Been playing a bit of Driveclub since I got the free version. Its fun, obviously not a sim, but its a good game. Graphics are nice, but my god does it rain far too much. Its like every race is set in Scotland.

got to say I was worried about the Hakkon dragon fight going into it just now. Fortunately though the dragon's no harder than the other dragons in the rest of the game. The only difficult part is he does tend to bounce around the arena a lot but unlike some of the other dragons he doesn't buff himself up although he does call in dragonlings/deepstalkers occasionally to help.  The dragons are quite tough enough to take on anyway so was pleased about that. I was worried mostly because the foot soldiers and the rifts aer mu8ch tougher to deal with in that area as well. Left me with some nice loot though. Going to see if I can make some nice armour out of it.

Platy said:
Been playing a bit of Driveclub since I got the free version. Its fun, obviously not a sim, but its a good game. Graphics are nice, but my god does it rain far too much. Its like every race is set in Scotland.
I need to download it! But i doubt i'll play it much with F1 coming out Friday...

Hughesy said:
Yea the G27 pedals work well with it, although the adapter is a bit crappy.
Crap how the shipping costs like double the actual product :L

Hughesy said:
What for, the adapter? Have you already ordered it? If not I could try and find mine and give it to you for free.

Hughesy said:

yeah so9metimes if I only need something that doesn't cost much I just ask mum to get it when she next goes out shopping instead of ordering it. It can be annoying having to pay P&P when the item itself is quite cheap

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
What for, the adapter? Have you already ordered it? If not I could try and find mine and give it to you for free.
Already ordered it, desperate to play F1 2015 so i've ordered everything i need :L

Yesterday I decided to play F1 2010, for old times sake.  Holy shit i've forgotten how good of a game it is. Yeah, the graphics aren't so great, there isn't a safety car and it isn't the most realistic of games but i've been having a ball with it. On F1 2013 career, I got up to China before I got bored and put the game away, on F1 2010 i'm already up to Korea and am in a pretty tight 6 way battle for the championship.  It's such a shame Codemasters decided to move away from the "live the life" angle of the game, answering questions from the press and receiving contract offers from your manager in your trailer just adds so much more to the game.

Yesterday I decided to play F1 2010, for old times sake.  Holy shit i've forgotten how good of a game it is. Yeah, the graphics aren't so great, there isn't a safety car and it isn't the most realistic of games but i've been having a ball with it. On F1 2013 career, I got up to China before I got bored and put the game away, on F1 2010 i'm already up to Korea and am in a pretty tight 6 way battle for the championship.  It's such a shame Codemasters decided to move away from the "live the life" angle of the game, answering questions from the press and receiving contract offers from your manager in your trailer just adds so much more to the game.

that's the main reason why I still enjoy playing it 2010 & 2012 have always been my favourites of CM's series. I'm not so sure I'll enjoy 2015 as much which is why I have chosen to wait for the sales and buy it on the cheap I don't really want to spend any more than £20 on it tbh.

I'm actually re installing F1 2010 on PC as we speak, as seeing your post made me want to play it again while I wait for F1 15. I seem to remember there's a bug though on PC, I can't remember what but I remember finding a fix and posting it on the old forum. When I bought it I had a ATI 5850HD, my first GPU after coming back to PC gaming. I actually still have it, but it doesn't work as I broke it putting on a custom cooler as the stock one was so noisy and hot.

If Nintendo teamed up with Nvidia and made a powerful console, this is what Super Mario would look like B)
http://youtu.be/WavKbGsIHGA

What buttons and dials work on that? I've been looking to get one of those for ages but I'm still trying to save up for it.

What buttons and dials work on that? I've been looking to get one of those for ages but I'm still trying to save up for it.
Sadly not many, it can be modded to make all dials and LEDs can be added to the top, but it's a lot of work. It has  8 buttons, two analogue sticks, three switches at the bottom that go up and down and two dials each side of the wheel that can be turned any way for things like brake balance. All the switches in the middle don't work, they are just stickers which is annoying, but it is a really nice wheel for F1. The hand grips feel amazing, very chunky rubber. A quick pic showing the working buttons, obviously has paddle shifters on the back.

This is is a fully modded version, which I really want.

Update on my F1 2010 career, coming to Brazil Sauber decided to rip up their contract offer to me because A) 6th place in the championship, 2 wins and 2 podium places aren't good enough for them, and B ) Pedro de la Rosa is a better choice for them, because we all know how successful he's been. Instead I had to push tooth and nail to beat Alonso at Abu Dhabi so Ferrari would offer me a contract offer, other than that I would have had to sign with HRT/Virgin/Caterham. Sauber clearly have missed out on an up-and-coming world champion. Their loss.

I'm taking this game wayyy to seriously but i'll be damned if I'm going to get screwed over by Peter Sauber and his shi*ty team.

Hughesy said:
If Nintendo teamed up with Nvidia and made a powerful console, this is what Super Mario would look like B)
Super Mario 3D world looks like that  :#

Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:
Super Mario 3D world looks like that  :#
No it doesn't... It is good but not that good, doesn't have physics and water effects like that. I'm not on about the world detail, just the PhysX effects in the video ;)

Here's another one using UE4
http://youtu.be/o2pXbjfOCRM

Really want to go to sleep until midnight, as then I can play F1. I'm really excited, not sure I'll play much tonight as I'll be too tired. Just hoping for good physics, good FFB and ai that is fun to race against. From the looks of it the ai do look a lot better. I can't say how FFB is until I try it, but I really hope it's better as every F1 game so far has had crap feeling which leads me to be slow.

Hughesy said:
Really want to go to sleep until midnight, as then I can play F1. I'm really excited, not sure I'll play much tonight as I'll be too tired. Just hoping for good physics, good FFB and ai that is fun to race against. From the looks of it the ai do look a lot better. I can't say how FFB is until I try it, but I really hope it's better as every F1 game so far has had crap feeling which leads me to be slow.
I'll likely only be doing some 3lap practice races around some of my fave tracks tonight then start serious on it tomorrow with a 100% round Abu Dhabi to see the day/night transition in action and after that start a 2014 championship season on it with Button. At least that's my plan anyway.

The good news the ai are fun to race and aren't chickens like previous games. The slightly bad news, the FFB is brilliant, it's much better than the other F1 games, but isn't PCars or AC. So far just doing quick race, the physics are much improved I think, much more of a sim compared to what they've done before. It won't be until tomorrow until I see what the game is really like (well actually today as its Friday already) It's nice that you have the 2014 cars as well :)

Edit: Now I'm starting to get used to it I'm liking it more and more, I'd go as far as to call it a sim now as its so easy to spin out. Love it :D

Hughesy said:
The good news the ai are fun to race and aren't chickens like previous games. The slightly bad news, the FFB is brilliant, it's much better than the other F1 games, but isn't PCars or AC. So far just doing quick race, the physics are much improved I think, much more of a sim compared to what they've done before. It won't be until tomorrow until I see what the game is really like (well actually today as its Friday already) It's nice that you have the 2014 cars as well :)

Edit: Now I'm starting to get used to it I'm liking it more and more, I'd go as far as to call it a sim now as its so easy to spin out. Love it :D

yeah I agree I was going to start with 2014 first and then move to 2015 afterwards

Edit: Had my first go on the game now. Struggling a little with the handling atm but I think I'm slowly getting to grips with it. The only issue with the game I'm having right now is the |T-cam is a bit low and it's making it more difficult to see that far ahead like I could see in the earlier games. Managed to get a win in Bahrain in the McLaren and a podium at Sochi. Also managed a 7th place at Monza all in all a good game so far.