The Game Thread!

I have to say, F1 2015 is all round sloppy and generally a bit crap. It's as if the game was made by Milestone. The graphics are awful, it truly looks worse than the last few games, menus are annoying to navigate, audio is rubbish, the whole game in general feels like they made it in less than half the time that they actually had for it.

The only plus side is the handling is OK, but even with all assists off it's extremely easy to get up to speed. And the AI are pretty good. It's hurting my eyes to look at this game though, it's either blurry as hell with all AA modes on, or jaggy as hell with just SMAA.

Complete opposite to my opinion lol. Everything is better than anything Codemasters have done before, not sure why you think graphics look worse, for me they look great, shadows and rain effects are much improved and it's using a lot more VRAM due to higher res textures. Not experiencing blurring or jaggies, have you tried turning off AA and using 4K downsampling?

And handling for me is very tricky, I can spin out very easily right upto 5th gear, maybe try your wheel. Funny how we can have such different views, I respect yours but for me it's the best F1 game they have made. When I first played I wasn't sure, but after an hour I grew to love it. Just about to do my first career race at 100% distance. The ai are such fun to race now, better ai than most racing sims.

For me it's the worst they've made :p Every aspect of the game is just poorly done. The worst thing is when I'm driving the audio is so bad it feels like I've got water stuck in my ears and I'm constantly trying to pop them to make everything clear again, and on straights it makes me feel like I've got something stuck in my eyes so I try blinking a few times to clear them before remembering the game is blurry as hell. It's like really bad motion blur even when you're looking at a static object in the distance. I'm sat in the garage right now and even the tiny movements of the drivers head makes half the writing on the steering wheel unreadable.

And I've tried all settings dude, even 4K with SMAA and the game still looked poo. Ended up having to stick with the stupid blur to get rid of them. Most annoying part for me though is no SLI :( 

So glad I didn't pay anywhere near full price for this.

SLI isn't Codemasters fault, it's upto Nvidia to release a SLI profile, but really it doesn't need more than 1 GPU. Weird how we have views that are so different. Physics and AI were the main improvements I wanted as graphics were fine, and they've very much improved them. FFB is slightly better, graphics aren't Pcars but I didn't expect that, but they have still improved them. I don't get blur from AA, there is motion blur when going fast but only a little. Textures and shadows are the biggest improvements.

You have to remember F1 14 was vastly better looking compared to consoles, so it's not a huge surprise that now it's on the next gen consoles that they haven't improved the PC version much.

They haven't improved it at all ;)
"In your opinion" ;)

How do you explain it using twice as much VRAM compared to F1 14 if the graphics are the same? Monitor and resolution make a huge difference to looks, you seem to moan about AA in every game, so maybe it's time to buy a better monitor :p

Anyhoo I'm off to do my first race.

Poor optimisation? ;) I dunno man, it just doesn't look as good to me. The replays look great, but actually racing just doesn't to me. And I wouldn't say every game, mostly racing games lol, and games where the AA options are crap. And I happen to think my monitor is pretty good :p Sure it ain't as good as yours but it's still pretty decent. 

Thank you Steam forums lol. Just found out you can edit a config file to disable motion blur :) Will give it a try and report back. Some people say it doesn't work but I'm gonna try anyway. http://steamcommunity.com/app/286570/discussions/0/537402115078299720/

nope, didn't work :(

Personally I agree with @Hughesy here I quite like what I've seen thus far. Haven't done any Championship races but will do a little later. Was going t odo a quick race round Hockenheim and a 100% round Abu Dhabi see what the day/night transition looks like on the new engine. But after that I'll be off to Melbourne to start my first championship. 

Never had such a fun race. Started 1st, but got bogged down at the start, so I was 4th by the first corner. I managed to fight my way upto 2nd, and then was battling with Rosberg the whole race. I passed him but he kept coming back at me, he pulled a great overtake on me on the 3rd corner around the outside. This never happened in previous F1 games, so that alone makes this the best game they have made. Having AI that actually react and race you is amazing. At the last stop I pitted a lap early on Rosberg, and the undercut worked, I then controlled the race and won it. :D 

@LiteralZero whoever worked on the ai deserves a medal, it was always the one thing that let previous versions down. It's not the only improvement, but it is the biggest IMO. I'm a very happy Hughesy  o:)

Hughesy said:
Never had such a fun race. Started 1st, but got bogged down at the start, so I was 4th by the first corner. I managed to fight my way upto 2nd, and then was battling with Rosberg the whole race. I passed him but he kept coming back at me, he pulled a great overtake on me on the 3rd corner around the outside. This never happened in previous F1 games, so that alone makes this the best game they have made. Having AI that actually react and race you is amazing. At the last stop I pitted a lap early on Rosberg, and the undercut worked, I then controlled the race and won it. :D 

@LiteralZero whoever worked on the ai deserves a medal, it was always the one thing that let previous versions down. It's not the only improvement, but it is the biggest IMO. I'm a very happy Hughesy  o:)

Yeah the T-cam needs raising a bit as I'm finding it hard to judge my braking points. Other than that I'm enjoying it so far. The AI feels a lot like 2012's game to me and 2012 for me up until now for me had the best AI By that I mean fast enough to be a problem if you make a mistake but not so fast as that you can't race them. Which to me is very important as I'm not the quickest of drivers. I've only done 3 lap sprint races so far but I intend on doing a few longer races today.

Edit just finished my 100% round Abu Dhabi as Button in the McLaren finished 10th 1 lap down but it was good fun race though. The day/night transition looks just as beautiful as ever on the new engine.

3 races 3 podiums 2 wins not bad for a supposedly bad underperforming car. That's my record in the McLaren as Button on F1 2015 so far in Championship mode

I haven't had this much fun in a F1 game racing the ai since GP4. It's sad that so many are overlooking the fact that Codemasters have finally nailed the AI after years of trying. If you go into a corner side by side they don't chicken out if they can get past. Looking at the reviews on Steam I think people are rating it down just becasue others are, whenever someone says something positive they just get labeled a fanboy. It's always the way that the vocal minority are the ones that are negative. The people that like the game are too busy having fun.

Im going to write a review on Steam in a bit, I have my body armor ready :joy: 

Hughesy said:
I haven't had this much fun in a F1 game racing the ai since GP4. It's sad that so many are overlooking the fact that Codemasters have finally nailed the AI after years of trying. If you go into a corner side by side they don't chicken out if they can get past. Looking at the reviews on Steam I think people are rating it down just becasue others are, whenever someone says something positive they just get labeled a fanboy. It's always the way that the vocal minority are the ones that are negative. The people that like the game are too busy having fun.

Im going to write a review on Steam in a bit, I have my body armor ready :joy: 

yeah I agree I'm not saying it's not without it's problems because there are quite a few but it is a good start to next gen I just hope that the features that weren't brought back this year like career mode  get brought back next. I think it will though it certainly sounds like CM want to bring those features back but wanted to make sure the game had a solid base to work from at the start which I think they now have.

Just about to start my first Championship race at Melbourne playing as Vettel (yes, really lol). Qualifying done, and against Legend AI I'm on pole by 0.6 lol. 1:25.972 against Rosberg's 1:26.639 :) Probably gonna be overtaken on the run to the first corner because I haven't figured out how to get a good start yet, but I'll fight back.

In terms of AI and driving this game is good, there's just many little annoying things that need sorting out. 

The mystery of the floating wheel..... :joy: It's just stuck there lol, I wonder who's it is and how it's floating 

Just about to start my first Championship race at Melbourne playing as Vettel (yes, really lol). Qualifying done, and against Legend AI I'm on pole by 0.6 lol. 1:25.972 against Rosberg's 1:26.639 :) Probably gonna be overtaken on the run to the first corner because I haven't figured out how to get a good start yet, but I'll fight back.

In terms of AI and driving this game is good, there's just many little annoying things that need sorting out. 

yeah it's just little annoying  things really. But CM are bringing out patches so lets hope most of the most glaring problems are dealt with because the game in general is pretty solid. Or at least the most important parts are I think.

Hughesy said:
The mystery of the floating wheel..... :joy: It's just stuck there lol, I wonder who's it is and how it's floating 

Must be Ricciardo's :p Was just racing China myself and I ended up lapping him twice and he was going very slowly on both occasions. Didn't notice he was missing a wheel though. Also we know Red Bull gives you wings. :p

Elite Dangerous looks amazing and seems like it has incredible depth, can't wait to get more into it.

Don't know why they haven't included a weather forecast on the game to allow you to plan ou the settings on  your car though they do need to sort that out at least I think.

Don't know why they haven't included a weather forecast on the game to allow you to plan ou the settings on  your car though they do need to sort that out at least I think.
They did :p 

Uh what hells wifh all this spam @fIsince08 @PeteTheDuck  Never seen so many threads..l

Bad lol. @Hughesy and I tried it last night, we tried collisions on and off but they were just stuck to off. And at one point we paused the game and it stuck us both into a different race but at the same track. So Hughesy was still in my race but AI controlled, and I was in his race but AI controlled lol. It just doesn't work well at all.