The Game Thread!

Bad lol. @Hughesy and I tried it last night, we tried collisions on and off but they were just stuck to off. And at one point we paused the game and it stuck us both into a different race but at the same track. So Hughesy was still in my race but AI controlled, and I was in his race but AI controlled lol. It just doesn't work well at all.
It was beyond bad :# Not sure if we were just unlucky or something, as I haven't seen threads with people having these problems online.

Really enjoying Rocket League on PS4 right now. But like most competitive MP games, you really need to party up with friends/people who know what they are doing. Something as simple as calling out who is going to defend (closest to the goal) or if someone is going to center the ball, makes a huge difference.

Don't know why they haven't included a weather forecast on the game to allow you to plan ou the settings on  your car though they do need to sort that out at least I think.
They did :p we
well where is it? As I can't find it on any of the displays I'm only finding the weather for the current session that I'm in. not the full weekend forecast

Is there any way to check what the weather is going to be on race day In F1 15? As all I see is weather for the current session, and if it's wet on race day I can't change my setup. You could see the forecast for all sessions in past F1 games...

Anyone noticed that the 2015 Mclaren's gear paddles glow orange when braking? Obviously its got the same textures are the brakes :L

Hughesy said:
Is there any way to check what the weather is going to be on race day In F1 15? As all I see is weather for the current session, and if it's wet on race day I can't change my setup. You could see the forecast for all sessions in past F1 games...

yeah that's what I was asking @Hughesy I can find the weather for the current session but not for the whole weekend. Because if you play with the parc ferme rules you need to know this. It cost me in Australia as it rained and I hada dry setup and it almost cost me in Austria as well. Fortunately there I was able to hang on. I think we definitely need his added as it does make the game harder without it.

Anyone noticed that the 2015 Mclaren's gear paddles glow orange when braking? Obviously its got the same textures are the brakes :L
I've noticed the glowing brakes on the cars but not the paddles glowing no. But then I've not driven much in the 2015 cars yet. I've been playing with the 2014 ones. The only 2015 car I've driven was the Sauber last night which I took for a quick blast round Mexico.

Hughesy said:
yeah that's what I was asking Hughesy I can find the weather for the current session but not for the whole weekend. Because if you play with the parc ferme rules you need to know this. It cost me in Australia as it rained and I hada dry setup and it almost cost me in Austria as well. Fortunately there I was able to hang on. I think we definitely need his added as it does make the game harder without it.
Yea it's really annoying, but there doesn't seem to be a way to check, seems silly to me when the other games had it.

Yea seems there isn't a way to check the whole weekend actually, thought you meant the session weather Sharpy.

There's a way around it at least ;) Ask your engineer for the weather forecast as soon as you start the race is the first bit, and if it does start to rain then use the D-pad to select more downforce at your next stop when you put on inters. Helps a fair bit :)

Yea seems there isn't a way to check the whole weekend actually, thought you meant the session weather Sharpy.

There's a way around it at least ;) Ask your engineer for the weather forecast as soon as you start the race is the first bit, and if it does start to rain then use the D-pad to select more downforce at your next stop when you put on inters. Helps a fair bit :)
Only changes front wing though, when really you need more rear in the rain and less camber. Seems silly to me though. Btw I've upped the difficulty up to expert, I'll be doing my first race using it soon. Just doing qualifying at Spain in the wet, and I'm still P1, but I expect them to be faster in the race. I finished the last race 20 seconds ahead of P2, so needed to make it harder.

Edit: Wow that was close, while reading you post and then posting the track dried up. The session ended and I was P10 in Q2 so just made it through, as they had fitted dry tyres...lol

Yea it's not ideal but at least it gives you a bit more confidence in the faster corners :) 

Haha, enjoy dude :p I'm on expert too now, too annoying qualifying a lot better than the AI only for them to be all over me in the race on Legend. Did Malaysia on expert and tried that strategy of running primes in the middle stint whilst fuel saving and stretching out tyre life for as long as possible. Hamilton got past me for the lead with his options about 2 laps into that stint. When I pitted for the options with about 7 laps to go I came out around 10 seconds behind Hammy, had enough fuel to go high all the way to the end and finished only 0.9 behind him :)

Rocket League is a pretty damn fun. Actually a good game for PS+ users for once.

Bloody game, I set it to expert for the Spanish GP, but during the race I was wondering why it was so easy. So I saved it and went back to the menus, and it was back on hard. So now I'll have to finish this race and figure out why it changed.... 

Kind of looking forward to the new PGA game though looks nice on the frostbite engine. Having said that most games using that engine are.

@Lukedfrt Nintendo president has died :(
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-passes-away/1100-6428839/

Hughesy said:
@Lukedfrt Nintendo president has died :(
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-passes-away/1100-6428839/
yeah read that last night.

Hughesy said:

Only changes front wing though, when really you need more rear in the rain and less camber. Seems silly to me though. Btw I've upped the difficulty up to expert, I'll be doing my first race using it soon. Just doing qualifying at Spain in the wet, and I'm still P1, but I expect them to be faster in the race. I finished the last race 20 seconds ahead of P2, so needed to make it harder.

Edit: Wow that was close, while reading you post and then posting the track dried up. The session ended and I was P10 in Q2 so just made it through, as they had fitted dry tyres...lol

yeah I'm compensating by turning parc ferme off and saving setups for various weather conditions. Then load up what I need for the appropriate session. Best I can do for the moment. I just hope it gets patched/corrected. At least that's how I'm working around it right now.

Must say I'm really impressed by the Singapore circuit whoever worked on that needs a pat on the back it looks fantastic

Another nice little touch I saw last night on F1 2015 is the day/night transition rescales itself based on what length of race your running. I found that cool. Also saw Jenson doing doughnuts in Brazil after I secured the championship with him that was also cool.

You need to up your difficulty if you're winning the WDC with Button :p 
Well I did have a lot of close races so not sure about that.
But you should be struggling to get into the points with them, not fighting for the win :p New patch out fixing some crashing problems, although it says nothing about error 49 or whatever it is after closing the game.

Played it for a few hours now, gameplay is awesome... The handling is much better than previous years and whilst the ai isn't perfect, it's much better than before!

Enjoying it so far  :#

Well I generally prefer to fight for the win personally. So for me it's the right setting really
I'm just messing with you :p If you want to win with McLaren then that's your choice :)

One cool touch they have added, whilst going through the tunnel at Monaco if you get the engineer talking to you its all fuzzy :D I just like that attention to detail, but maybe that's just me.