The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
One cool touch they have added, whilst going through the tunnel at Monaco if you get the engineer talking to you its all fuzzy :D I just like that attention to detail, but maybe that's just me.

yeah that's one thing I'm liking too the attention to detail they've given the game this time out. Especially the night races. .Sometimes I do play on a higher level (usually only when I've had a season where I've dominated though) but I thought I just wanted to win first time out and given CM's AI in the past, I wasn't sure what settings to pick so I normally in those situations  start on the easiest settings and work from there as that's what I tend to do with most games.

Also it wasn't that easy to win as I didn't clinch it till the penultimate round in Brazil so the Mercs made me work for it. I may play at a higher setting later but I'll see how I do in the 2015 cars first. Was thinking those colourful blue and yellow Sauber's might be a nice challenge. Plus I'm racing for Sauber on 2010 atm so I'm tempted to have a go in those when I do it.

If you take away all the bugs its actually a great game. But unfortunately people seem to want to concentrate on the negatives, as with all the Codemasters games....

Their loss....

Ok so the backmarkers just totally ruin the race at Monaco. Rosberg was 14 seconds ahead of me, but once he caught backmarkers I caught up with him within a few laps..... That's the one thing they need to change in regards to the AI, as at the moment they don't slow down or move out the way, they just race you. 

Hughesy said:
Ok so the backmarkers just totally ruin the race at Monaco. Rosberg was 14 seconds ahead of me, but once he caught backmarkers I caught up with him within a few laps..... That's the one thing they need to change in regards to the AI, as at the moment they don't slow down or move out the way, they just race you. 

Yeah I had a few troubles with backmarkers too in my season. Ericsson in the Caterham was particularly bad

Ok it's totally messed up, the backmarkers aren't even being given blue flags....... This must be a bug. This is going to be a long 78 laps :|

Hughesy said:
Ok it's totally messed up, the backmarkers aren't even being given blue flags....... This must be a bug. This is going to be a long 78 laps :|

One of the many pleasures of racing at Monaco I suppose. Just received my dispatch note for the PGA game I ordered from Shopto.

Hughesy said:

One of the many pleasures of racing at Monaco I suppose. Just received my dispatch note for the PGA game I ordered from Shopto.
Yea but the issue is a bug. After testing, the only place they get blue flags is the last sector, then sometimes they try moving out the way by slamming violently into the wall. Along the rest of the lap like the main straight they aren't given blue flags, so they don't move out the way. I do 100% race distance so this is very tiresome, might just retire even though I'm second, as I can't be arsed....

yeah can't say it happened to me as I had a bad race there in my 2014 season on the game but then I don't tend to go well there anyway. I've only ever won at Monaco twice on CM's games and on both those occasions was on 2012 not on 2015

Never played the previous Sniper Ghost Warrior (only Sniper Elite) but GW3 sounds awesome, and the graphics are stunning. Need to see more but it does look great.    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/sniper-ghost-warrior-3-screenshots.html

It's being made by the same studio as the first 2 so unfortunately it's likely to suck. The first was one of the worst games I've ever had the misery of playing, the second was an improvement but not by much. Finished the story on it but when it got to the end 6 hours in I was like "What? Really? That was the ending..." 

So yea try not to hold your breath dude :p 

It's being made by the same studio as the first 2 so unfortunately it's likely to suck. The first was one of the worst games I've ever had the misery of playing, the second was an improvement but not by much. Finished the story on it but when it got to the end 6 hours in I was like "What? Really? That was the ending..." 

So yea try not to hold your breath dude :p 
Yea that's why I didn't buy the first two, but you never know it could be good. I'll obviously wait for reviews, and then make a decision.

I hate it when games atart being a pain in the neck and stop working. Trying to get one of my old classic adventuer games to work and it's not playing ball atm.

Uh yea.... 66th lap at Monaco and I now have a invisible car in front of me, I don't know weather to laugh or cry :joy:  All I can see is its shadow..... I drew a red ring around it so you can see it.

I know I'll get hate from @Lukedfrt for this, but I'm not sure what's so exciting about Shenmue 3, I mean it looks like a PS2 game. Seen clips from previous games with a corny story, and terrible voice acting...
http://youtu.be/gY6GzhjPXaE

Gotta agree :p It looks like the kind of game you'd see on a 10 year old arcade machine. I was half expecting those bugs to turn into giant alien bugs which you then have to pick up a light gun and shoot ;)

Shenmue is my favourite game of all time! There was nothing like it when it came out, the detail in the world was amazing, and the graphics were the best! 

I'm not sure how Shenmue 3 will turn out, hopefully it's attention to detail is as impressive as the first...  but at least after 15 years i can finally finish the story!  :p

Lukedfrt said:
Shenmue is my favourite game of all time! There was nothing like it when it came out, the detail in the world was amazing, and the graphics were the best! 

I'm not sure how Shenmue 3 will turn out, hopefully it's attention to detail is as impressive as the first...  but at least after 15 years i can finally finish the story!  :p
Going by that video I posted it isn't going to be highly detailed and the graphics are going to be like a PS2 game :joy: 

Lukedfrt said:

That's kind of how I feel about the Longest Journey/Dreamfall series it doesn't have the finest graphics by todays standards but I thought it was beautiful when I first saw it it's a fine point & click adventure As they're working on the third game now they've got 3 parts of it done just books 4 &5  to come. Haven't had a chance to play through Books 1-3 yet but I'm working my way through the first 2 games to remind myself where the story was for when the third game starts so I can then get cracking on third game when I'm done.

Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:

Going by that video I posted it isn't going to be highly detailed and the graphics are going to be like a PS2 game :joy: 
Yeah, it's very very early footage though, it's at least 2 years away... So hopefully it will improve a lot graphically.

Also... The Kickstarter is very nearly at 5 million  :#

Damn... If I'd know there was the potential to earn that much on a game like this... I could have put up a kickstarter for it myself, spent 2 years learning how make a game with PS2 graphics for about £5, and kept £4,999,995 for myself ;)

Lukedfrt said:
Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:

Yeah, it's very very early footage though, it's at least 2 years away... So hopefully it will improve a lot graphically.

Also... The Kickstarter is very nearly at 5 million  :#
But Project Cars looked as awesome as it does now from the first build, so I don't buy that excuse  :p

But Project Cars spent all their time making it look good and forgot to make it work properly.

@RevolvingPrawn Oh dear, this isn't good... :|
http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knight-wont-be-finished-this-season-according-to-source/