The Game Thread!

Yea I'm not either, still really annoying though. Just shows how broken it is :(

Hughesy said:
Yea I'm not either, still really annoying though. Just shows how broken it is :(
True on that. Even with the amount of people now working on it, the fact it's gonna take that long to fix...

At least we've got games to keep us going though, Mad Max, MGS V, and Forza 6 are likely to come out before any Batman fix. And speaking of games, finish off DS3 this Friday and Saturday again?

Yea maybe even Friday, as I don't think there's that much left. I'm reinstalling Portal to see if I can get into it, then if I can I'll get Portal 2  ;)

Hughesy said:
Yea maybe even Friday, as I don't think there's that much left. I'm reinstalling Portal to see if I can get into it, then if I can I'll get Portal 2  ;)
Good games I've got the Portal ones tricky but fun. Going to play a few holes on my PGA game then play some more of The Longest Journey seeing as I haven't got much of that done yet or at least not as much as I'd have liked due to various distractions

Portal 2 is one of my favourite games. Highly recommend it.

Platy said:
Portal 2 is one of my favourite games. Highly recommend it.
I've been trying to convince @Hughesy to get it so we can coop it :p Massive improvement on the first Portal right? One of the best games I've played without a doubt.

Portal 1 is impossible to play at 1440p, it just makes all the UI tiny :( I know it's old but still, I've played older games that are fine at 1440p. Whilst ingame it's fine, it's just the menus I think.

Already on level 15 out of 19, only played 1:30, I was expecting it to be a lot longer. I am liking it now though, before I just never gave it a chance to learn how it all works. I have always liked solving puzzles which is why @RevolvingPrawn  gets me to solve them when we play games together :joy:  So I'm not sure why it didn't appeal to me before.

Portal is good,  but Portal 2 is so much better. The story, visuals, depth, humour... Just awesome.

Platy said:
Portal is good,  but Portal 2 is so much better. The story, visuals, depth, humour... Just awesome.
Especially the humour! Wheatley and GLaDOS are both brilliant characters :)

Oh and Cave Johnson too :p 

So I was about to buy Portal 2 from Steam for £15, but then went to check on GMG and its £3 whilst using a 20% off code B)

Having to reformat my XB1 oh the joys of machines as it wasn't working properly. Now hopefully I can get things reinstalled and working again.

Having to reformat my XB1 oh the joys of machines as it wasn't working properly. Now hopefully I can get things reinstalled and working again.
What was wrong with it?

Hughesy said:
What was wrong with it?
well sometimes the Kinect stops functioning and performance wise it was all  over the place when I went to install the new PGA game earlier  on it. Hopefully it's working OK now though it looks as though it is. Still need to test and put it through it's paces. But I think it's OK now.

Hughesy said:
What was wrong with it?
well sometimes the Kinect stops functioning and performance wise it was all  over the place when I went to install the new PGA game earlier  on it. Hopefully it's working OK now though it looks as though it is. Still need to test and put it through it's paces. But I think it's OK now.
I have had that with Kinect and some other issues, all you needed to do is run a power cycle. You do this by holding down the power button for a few seconds, and you will here it do the cycle. Once its done you just power on as normal. I could have saved you all the hassle, but it's done now. :)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
What was wrong with it?
I have had that with Kinect and some other issues, all you needed to do is run a power cycle. You do this by holding down the power button for a few seconds, and you will here it do the cycle. Once its done you just power on as normal. I could have saved you all the hassle, but it's done now. :)

thanks will have to remember that for future reference

Hopefully this means I can play WII U games on the new Nintendo NX :) Shame WII U hasn't sold well, as the games are so different from the other consoles, and for people who mainly play on PC it makes for a decent change of pace. Sadly I bet the NX will just be a PS & MS clone, because they need 3rd party developers to survive.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-seems-to-be-developing-nintendo-nx-apu.html

Wow they have really improved the physics and FFB in Dirt Rally :) FFB was the main issue I had, but now it's fantastic.