The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Double good news :D  Btw I'm feeling okayish tonight, so I'm up for playing Pcars later. Probably about 7:30-8pm.
http://www.pcgamer.com/life-is-strange-episode-4-is-out-next-week/
http://www.pcgamer.com/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-coming-to-pc-early-2016/
Good stuff bud, I was thinking around then too :) 

Awesome on Life is Strange, after the cliffhanger I've been desperate for the next episode! And cool on TR, earlier than I expected but it was one of those games I could wait for :p 

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn Double good news :D  Btw I'm feeling okayish tonight, so I'm up for playing Pcars later. Probably about 7:30-8pm.
http://www.pcgamer.com/life-is-strange-episode-4-is-out-next-week/
http://www.pcgamer.com/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-coming-to-pc-early-2016/
Good stuff bud, I was thinking around then too :) 

Awesome on Life is Strange, after the cliffhanger I've been desperate for the next episode! And cool on TR, earlier than I expected but it was one of those games I could wait for :p 
Yeah I'm glad TR is coming out earlier tbh. Especially given ME Andromeda is scheduled for it's release towards the end of next year as well and that too is a game I want to get my hands on. Given both series are excellent they both deserve a moment in the sun. I'd suspect they'd both trip over one another if they both ended up being released at the end of the year ads I originaqlly expected.

Talking of Tomb raider I just found some gameplay if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5wE03OBEs

Hughesy said:
Finally gave The Evil Within a chance after not liking it. Now I love it, I'm not sure why but I'm really enjoying it. If they make another I hope they use a different engine, as ID Tech 5 is awful. 
One of my favourite PS4 games so far, love the atmosphere of it!

Was going to wait until after I'd finished Alice Madness returns but decided I couldn't wait any longer. I've started the first Witcher game. I'm finding combat quite challenging but so far I'm getting through it.

Was going to wait until after I'd finished Alice Madness returns but decided I couldn't wait any longer. I've started the first Witcher game. I'm finding combat quite challenging but so far I'm getting through it.
Yea it's totally different to the other Witcher games, tbh I hated the combat in the first game so never finished it.

Hughesy said:
Yea it's totally different to the other Witcher games, tbh I hated the combat in the first game so never finished it.

Yeah just had my rear end handed to me by the first boss. I almost had him though as I wittled his health right down. Have to admit though I prefer ME and DA's style of combat given you work as a team which can help over come any shortcomings you might have. Especially if you pick a well balanced team.Not too sure about combatting enemies on my own.

Edit GOT HIM. I think I underswtqand the combat mechanics on this game now and how to fight. Still need to figure out the other RPG elements in the game but have to admit that although it is tricky it is a cool game. I get the feeling this game is going to be a bit like DA origins in that it's tricky to figure out but once you do it's extremely satisfying.

Have to admit though I'm already looking forward to playing the 3rd game Ciri seems like a nice girl in the story and the graphics look beautiful if the youtube vids are to be believed. Playing the games in order though as I want to carry my experiences through from one game to the next just like with ME and DA seeing as I heard that you can.

Well that was something I wasn't expecting. Playing F1 2015 and I ended up lapping Vettel on lap 4 on my way to winning the Austrian GP

Unoptimized game in 3, 2, 1.........
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/hitman-closed-alpha-build-is-a-cpu-hog.html

Hughesy said:
Unoptimized game in 3, 2, 1.........
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/hitman-closed-alpha-build-is-a-cpu-hog.html

good job I have no plans of buying it then.

Platy said:
F1 2015 for £14? Should I?

If I were you yes but it is up to you as that would have been around the price I'd have originally probably bought it at if I had chosen to hold off. Surprised the price has dropped off that quickly though.

Anyone that like puzzle games like Portal should play The Talos Principle, it's awesome. It starts off easy, but does ramp up later on leaving you scratching your head. Even harder is finding the gold starts, and then figuring out how to get to them. Along the way you unlock more things to use for later puzzles, it gets very complex.

It does have a story, although figuring out what's going on is as hard as the puzzles. There's a voice from the sky (let's call him God) who talks in riddles, but there's also something you talk to using a computer in DOS format. I'm not sure what it is or if it's trying to help me, but it asks some rather strange questions.

Played 14 hours so far, I'd say it becomes harder than Portal with some very tough and well thought out puzzles. The graphics are insanely good, all objects  use tessilation I think, and the textures themselves can be set to unlimited, which means they go upto 8K I believe. That uses a lot of VRAM, but it's very well optimised as I'm yet to see it drop any frames. It's also coming to PS4 at some point I think, I highly recommend buying it. The demo on Steam doesn't give you much to go on, compared to the full game the puzzles are rather easy.

The engine they built for the game is awesome, I'd love to see other developers use it at some point.

Talking of Talos Principle, I found a rather cool Easter egg, featuring blocks from Portal, Minecraft and so on :D One of them you can smash open and a cat comes running out.

Have to say I'm enjoying the Witcher 1  making progress through it albeit slow progress but it's proving interesting. Geralt is a bit of a gruff person. Kind of reminds me of the Master Chief from Halo 

Hughesy said:
Talking of Talos Principle, I found a rather cool Easter egg, featuring blocks from Portal, Minecraft and so on :D One of them you can smash open and a cat comes running out.

That actually looks pretty good.

@Hughesy We're deffo gonna have to coop this :p

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=17642&game=Dying Light: The Following&title=Techland Announces Dying Light: The Following, A Vehicle-Based Expansion Pack

Yea seen that the other day bud. Not sure how much the DLC is, but it seems pretty big.

Found another Easter egg in The Talos Principle :joy: You go through the door (the door doesn't open, so you ghost through it) then you see this guy. He throws money whilst saying money money in a silly voice. I can't record it though as I don't have Shadowplay installed, but there's probably a video on YouTube if you want to watch it.

@Hughesy All seems fine so far with gaming on W10 :) Only tried GTA V atm, but SLI is working exactly as it should, and I stood in the place I'd normally stand so I can get an idea of what my FPS in the game is, it's gone up by 2 FPS since playing it on W8.1 lol. So yea, I'd say go for the upgrade :)

2fps is just margin of error bud. ;)  Lots of tests have been done, you will see the odd frame or two higher or lower as it's just Windows 8.1. Once DX12 comes out, then you will see games take advantage of Windows 10. But I'm glad it's all working for you  :) I won't be doing it until tomorrow once I get my USB drive.

Hughesy said:
2fps is just margin of error bud. ;)  Lots of tests have been done, you will see the odd frame or two higher or lower as it's just Windows 8.1. Once DX12 comes out, then you will see games take advantage of Windows 10. But I'm glad it's all working for you  :) I won't be doing it until tomorrow once I get my USB drive.

Nah I'm just meaning in the way that with Windows 10 supposedly being lighter on the system :p When we were on GTA the other night I stood in the exact same place and was getting 54 fps :p

Had one issue so far, F1 2015 crashed on start lol. Just verify the game files though and it works no problem. Still no SLI though :|