The Game Thread!

onetwothree's best lap so far in the Red Bull, full wet conditions, Abu Dhabi is a 2:01.214 2:01.129. Anyone wanna try to beat that? :p I'll give it a go in a while.

Just streamed my X1 to my PC using the new Xbox App, I'm kinda surprised by how well it worked! I've not noticed and real input lag, and even though the image quality makes it look more like a 360 than an X1, it deffo works well.

Lukedfrt said:
I see rain... in Abu Dhabi!? 
I thought I'd do some weird weather setups. Next up is sunny Silverstone.

Also that damn last corner. I think I hit the apex once in the entire race.

onetwothree's best lap so far in the Red Bull, full wet conditions, Abu Dhabi is a 2:01.214 2:01.129. Anyone wanna try to beat that? :p I'll give it a go in a while.

Just streamed my X1 to my PC using the new Xbox App, I'm kinda surprised by how well it worked! I've not noticed and real input lag, and even though the image quality makes it look more like a 360 than an X1, it deffo works well.
Big contradiction there.... :joy:  In my book that isn't working well :p

Hughesy said:

Big contradiction there.... :joy:  In my book that isn't working well :p

Works well as in the speed of it is the best I've seen yet for game streaming :p Even Steam's in home streaming is a fail compared to this.

And the main reason for bad image is the fact it's streaming, and the fact the X1 does 1080p while we both have 1440p monitors :p Looks a bit blurry and pixelated.

I play Xbox One games using my 1440p monitor, never had those problems. So for me anyway it's not really that good. What resolution does it stream at? And does it only stream at 30fps even if the game is originally 60fps?

I tried to, but my monitor only has a DP port and the HDMI to DP cable I tried refused to work :p
No idea though to either of those questions, might just have to play with the settings a bit and see if it can be improved. Have a go when you upgrade though, it's pretty simple to set it up :)

Here's a screenshot. Doesn't look so bad small, but stretched out it looks kinda poo lol. Definitely missing a few bits from when you play it at native res using a cable.

It's something I won't ever be trying, as my PC and Xbox are in the same room ;) I don't know why but I really want to play Watch Dogs again after seeing that pic. Never played it using my 980, don't think I could completly max it using a 780. The lighting looks a lot better than the console version, looks very flat in that picture.
Once I'm changed over to fibre I'll download it again, as it won't take very long.

For me Watch dogs didn;t have any replay value after you finished the story, even the random mugging side quests got repetitive.

True, but I still enjoyed it. There are many games that don't have replay value, but I still end up playing again. Unlike consoles I can add mods that either change things, or make graphics a lot better which then change the feel of the game. ;)

Hughesy said:
True, but I still enjoyed it. There are many games that don't have replay value, but I still end up playing again. Unlike consoles I can add mods that either change things, or make graphics a lot better which then change the feel of the game. ;)

So do I. My point and click adventuer game The Longest Journey which I played again recently I've played loads of times although technically it only has 1 ending but I've gone through it plenty of times. The only games I've got that really have multiple ways of playing are really my RPG games.

So this seems pointless..... http://www.pcgamer.com/zombi-an-updated-version-of-zombiu-is-coming-to-the-pc-next-month/
What made the game so fun, tense and unique was how the gamepad/second screen was used. Without all that it might be kinda dull, loved it on Wii U but won't be buying the PC version. This was one of the few games that was designed with the gamepad in mind from the beginning.

Picked up LA Noire for £4, not bad for the best game of the last gen consoles....
I got it for £3 a few years back :p Great game though.

Hughesy said:
Picked up LA Noire for £4, not bad for the best game of the last gen consoles....
I got it for £3 a few years back :p Great game though.

yeah it is a good game I have it as well.

I'd love to have seen it on the PS4, next to no chance of it being remastered or having a 2nd game though :'(

I'd love to have seen it on the PS4, next to no chance of it being remastered or having a 2nd game though :'(
Yep, not after what happened between the developer and publisher. Saying that Rockstar do own the IP, so they could still make another one.

If anyone wants to watch the second half of that Hungary race which apparently was very good, it's here. Be warned though. It's the potatoest of potato quality.