The Game Thread!

fIsince08 said:
Devastated. Just lost my main save on Grand Prix World as I hit bankruptcy :(

aww had that problem a few times myself when I played the game.

Just about to start assembling my game library on Windows 10 now. Just need to get Steam and Origin back up and running. Also need to install my older games too to make sure they still work. Had a few problems with my headphone drivers but aside from that it's been working well  so far. I did manage to get the headphones working eventually though.

If you have any problems with games in Steam crashing on launch with W10, just verify the game files. I've done it a few times now and verifying has worked each time :)
yeah I know I quite often have to verify my installations everytime I install a new Steam game anyway on Win 7 as well so am used to that.

That's weird bud, I only really ever verify files when there's a problem with a game. Most of the time though they just work without trouble

That's weird bud, I only really ever verify files when there's a problem with a game. Most of the time though they just work without trouble
Once they're installed they work fineit's only when I initially install them I have to have Steam online to verify everything. Once it's installed though and gone through an initial boot up everything works fine. So normally when after I've installed one I usually boot it up to the main menu to clear it.

Ahh, no no, I mean when you right click on a game and go to properties, under one of the tabs there's something along the lines of verify game cache integrity or something, it basically checks and makes sure all of the games files are intact, and if there's any missing or with problems it'll redownload them. If a game worked on W8 but not on W10 then just run that bud.

Ahh, no no, I mean when you right click on a game and go to properties, under one of the tabs there's something along the lines of verify game cache integrity or something, it basically checks and makes sure all of the games files are intact, and if there's any missing or with problems it'll redownload them. If a game worked on W8 but not on W10 then just run that bud.
Ah right haven't encountered any issues thus far but I've only installed Tomb Raider atm

Ladies and gentlemen of the Codemasters forums, I present to you, a hacker in our midst.

When the video finishes uploading to YouTube, I'll link it here.

Skip to 22:30
That's mad aha, i overtook you on lap 2! What's going on Codemasters  :p

The rallycross update dropped for Dirt Rally today if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/wEREZTz07Co

Just run into my first problem with Windows 10 attempting to download Dragon Age Inquisition and it won't install Been thinking about getting a disc copy of the game for a while as I've played it a lot since I bought it including the DLC of which there is more to come. Bought a disc copy from Amazon hopefully when that arrives I can get it working

Just run into my first problem with Windows 10 attempting to download Dragon Age Inquisition and it won't install Been thinking about getting a disc copy of the game for a while as I've played it a lot since I bought it including the DLC of which there is more to come. Bought a disc copy from Amazon hopefully when that arrives I can get it working

If you can't install the download version, the disc version will be no different. You still have to download most of the game. Does it give you error message?

My new favourite thing to do online in Assetto Corsa is Nordschleife Tourist. Whatever car is available and drive around the proper tourist layout with 30 other people, great fun. 

They could do more with it. Dream scenario is to have a larger server (50+) with the ability to pick any road car.

Hughesy said:

If you can't install the download version, the disc version will be no different. You still have to download most of the game. Does it give you error message?

yeah it does It says "The VC++ redistributable package was not installed successfully Setup cannot continue" and that was after waiting 4 hours waiting for the game to download. Strange really as it installed nice and fast on Win 7 when I bought it. It sounds to me that one file or somethings been kicked out. Strange really as so far all the ME's have gone on nice and smoothly in fact they're running better than ever based on the opening levels of ME3 that I've played.

Anyway my DAI disc copy has already been dispatched so it's too late to cancel that. Besides even if I switch back to Win 7 means I'll be able to install it faster anyway using the disc. I'm hoping I don't need to switch back though but so far it's the only glitch I've found. Shame really as DAI has become one of my favourite games this year  

Try installing this Vc2013 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003
Or go to the folder where the game is downloaded and find VC

Hughesy said:
Try installing this Vc2013 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003
Or go to the folder where the game is downloaded and find VC

Unfortunately the game is not showing up in any folders atm and that link you gave me is saying it's not compatible with my PC.

Go into Origin settings, then look where it's downloading it to and it should be in there. This one should work for your PC http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 Install it, restart PC and then try installing the game again.

Platy said:
My new favourite thing to do online in Assetto Corsa is Nordschleife Tourist. Whatever car is available and drive around the proper tourist layout with 30 other people, great fun. 

They could do more with it. Dream scenario is to have a larger server (50+) with the ability to pick any road car.
Is it racing or just a sunday drive type events?

Hughesy said:
Go into Origin settings, then look where it's downloading it to and it should be in there. This one should work for your PC http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 Install it, restart PC and then try installing the game again.
didn't like it at first but eventually it worked DAI is now back up and running

Hughesy said:
Should have posted here before wasting money :p Where did you buy the disc version? If you don't open it you can get a refund.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Should have posted here before wasting money :p Where did you buy the disc version? If you don't open it you can get a refund.

now after all that ME3's stopped working so I'm not actually sure it's helped that much. Dosen't matter though as I think I'd have bought a disc copy anyway eventually as games I like I end up getting a disc copy. So I don't really consider it wasting my money as I've ended up having to buy multiple copies of games before for one reason or another This problem just ended up accelerating it. I think those changes ended up really screwing Origin

Platy said:

Sunday drive / hot lap.

Platy said:
Platy said:

Sunday drive / hot lap.
Cool don't mind just driving around a track where everyone don't care about racing.

So this is where the money from Project Cars 2 is going........ :joy: 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/where-project-cars-devs-next-game-is-going-you-don/1100-6429478/

In all seriousness it does look fun, never played a plane racing game, but I have watched Red Bull air races before.

Hughesy said:
Looking forward to Mafia 3  :D

http://youtu.be/YYhlmUd9Xoc
Hopefully it's better than Mafia 2, the first one is still the best.