The Game Thread!

Battlefront 3 news.
It's not space battles, but it's pretty darn close.
https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/628865566476890112

Hughesy said:
Looking forward to Mafia 3  :D

http://youtu.be/YYhlmUd9Xoc
Hopefully it's better than Mafia 2, the first one is still the best.
I loved Mafia 2, it was much better than the first one..... And was and still is beautiful on PC. The first one was clunky and very dull, so I hope (and it looks like they are) build on 2, with a lot more to do in the open world.

Loved Mafia 2, one of my favourite PS3 games... Is that old man in the trailer Vito?  :o

Mafia 2 was brilliant on PS3, another one of my favorites. Personally i'd rather 3 was set in the 20's-40's rather than the 70's 

Lukedfrt said:
Loved Mafia 2, one of my favourite PS3 games... Is that old man in the trailer Vito?  :o

Thats the first thing that came to my head when i saw him, really hope it is.

Mafia 2 was brilliant on PS3, another one of my favorites. Personally i'd rather 3 was set in the 20's-40's rather than the 70's 

Lukedfrt said:

Thats the first thing that came to my head when i saw him, really hope it is.

It is him.

"With his target down and the club under control, Lincoln called in one of his lieutenants to set up shop. His small crew includes a black woman, Cassandra, an Irish thug named Burke, and none other than Vito "

Have to asy I think I'mexperiencimg moer bugs now in F1 2015 since I've switched to Win 10 strqange really I've only managed to do 1 3 lap race  on the game so I could be wrong but it crashed as soon as I finished.

Also looks like I'll have to start the Witcher 1 again from scratch as it didn't save to the cloud

Also anyone looking to play F1 2010 on Windows 10 Forget it it doesn't work.

Witcher 1 isn't a Steamworks game, a lot of games don't use it which you were warned about :p Not sure why you didn't just back them up onto a drive so you could paste them back in. On the flip side I've had no problems with F1 on Windows 10.

You said before you upgraded you were having major issues with games, so I'd say it's highly likely a hardware issue. Do you ever monitor temps while playing games using something like Afterburner? As it could simply be your PC is overheating for whatever reason.

Hughesy said:
Witcher 1 isn't a Steamworks game, a lot of games don't use it which you were warned about :p Not sure why you didn't just back them up onto a drive so you could paste them back in. On the flip side I've had no problems with F1 on Windows 10.

You said before you upgraded you were having major issues with games, so I'd say it's highly likely a hardware issue. Do you ever monitor temps while playing games using something like Afterburner? As it could simply be your PC is overheating for whatever reason.
Well if that's the case I'm better off staying with Win 7 then as everything ran fine in Win 7 maybe I'll return to win 10 when I get a new computer. Can't see why anything would over heat as I don't overclock anything and my rooms quite cool. Nice experiment while it lasted but I just don't feel Windows 10 is for me atm. I'm not asying it's a bad OS but right now it's just not doing what I want it to do. So until I can be suer that it does I'll stick with Win 7 I think because I care about my games and if I can't ge tthem to work the way I want them to I don't see the point.

Just because you don't overclock and your room is cool doesn't mean there isn't something possibly overheating :p You'd really need to use Afterburner to monitor temps while in game to rule that possibility out. And if you were having major problems with Windows 7 then how is going back from W10 gonna make anything better?

Just because you don't overclock and your room is cool doesn't mean there isn't something possibly overheating :p You'd really need to use Afterburner to monitor temps while in game to rule that possibility out. And if you were having major problems with Windows 7 then how is going back from W10 gonna make anything better?
I wasn't having problems with Win 7 itself I was only having glitches because my hard drive was full. I've actually had more problems with Windows 10 than with 7. I've also had those hard drive issues before not just on this computer but on every computer I've owned in that every now and then I've needed to give my machines a clear out and start again which is what I did here. I was just combining it with an opportunity to try Windows 10 out which I've now done and as I've said right now in it's current state I don't think it's for me so I'm going to go back. Because based on what I experienced last night in trying to get F1 2010 working and failed I have quite a few games that are likely to have issues. Maybe this will change in the future but for now I think it's in my best interest to go back.

A hard drive being full wouldn't cause problems, you said you needed a fresh install to glitches and games crashing. Now this is still happening you can rule out OS issues. Download MSI Afterburner and check temps for CPU and GPU at idle and whilst gaming using the OSD . http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner A certain @RevolvingPrawn had problems and could smell burning (which was a good thing as not everyone would get that with overheating) Turns out his soundcard had gone bang...

Could even be a ram issue.  Also do what Prawn did and right click on said game verify integrity of game installation. I see it far too often, people are too quick to blame OS or game rather than their PC. Did you download the Windows 10 Nvidia driver? 

Hughesy said:
A hard drive being full wouldn't cause problems, you said you needed a fresh install to glitches and games crashing. Now this is still happening you can rule out OS issues. Download MSI Afterburner and check temps for CPU and GPU at idle and whilst gaming using the OSD . http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner A certain @RevolvingPrawn had problems and could smell burning (which was a good thing as not everyone would get that with overheating) Turns out his soundcard had gone bang...

Could even be a ram issue.  Also do what Prawn did and right click on said game verify integrity of game installation.
Exactly. And my first thought was that it was one of my GPU's, but by running the Afterburner OSD I could see whilst gaming that my GPU's were actually at reasonable temps so it had to be something else, which led me to figuring out it was the sound card. Could be anything really but a full HDD wouldn't cause those kinds of problems as Hughesy said. 

I don't think W10 will really be causing all of your issues though, and any games that I've had crash or had problems with have been fixed by verifying the games files. If you haven't verified a game then it's the first thing I'd do. Did you do it for F1 2010? Because if not then do it.

Hughesy said:

Could even be a ram issue.  Also do what Prawn did and right click on said game verify integrity of game installation. I see it far too often, people are too quick to blame OS or game rather than their PC. Did you download the Windows 10 Nvidia driver? 

I did download the Win 10 driver but it didn't really make any difference besides and as I said I've made my choice now and I'm back with Win 7 still need to reinstall everything but the drivers and all that are back on. Also I've read it's recommended you wipe your hard drive every so often anyway at least once a year or so. Which as I said also was why I chose to do it this way in the first place. Besides my computer was due for it anyway and it's now working fine. Which is more than I can say for this forum atm.

I might cough up the Steam price, because then atleast I can get a refund if its broken. Already have GZ on PS4, but it would be nice to play it on PC. Pretty much get those two instead of giving WB any money for Mad Max.

Yes I can get Mad Max for £17 due to VIP deal on GMG, but I have a feeling they haven't given the devs time to make sure the PC version works, just like Batman which I'm still waiting for it to be playable while they say nothing about it....

Shame the multiplayer part isn't coming out until next year on PC, why don't devs release games when they've done everything they want to.

The more I see of this, the harder the wait becomes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGuvRIIx8c

Yeah I've seen this myself I'm tempted by it too Especially as on Steam atm they'll throw in Ground Zero's with it if you pre-order and I don't have either game I know a little about MGS but I've never really played it except on the PSP as I was given an MGS game one Christmas for that. I know it's very James Bond esque. But I have to admit it does look good.

They don't throw in Ground Zero, it's a bundle not a free game, hence the £46 price tag..... It even says bundle rather than pre order bonus game. Also it's nothing like James Bond :joy: 

Hughesy said:
They don't throw in Ground Zero, it's a bundle not a free game, hence the £46 price tag..... It even says bundle rather than pre order bonus game. Also it's nothing like James Bond :joy: 
well from what I've seen and played it felt like it to me.

Oh man, if Portable Ops is the only one you've played then I honestly wouldn't just jump straight into MGS V, or even Ground Zeroes. It won't make any sense, you really need to go through all of them (preferably in story order, not release order) to actually get a full picture. 

As for Bond, there may be a few very small nods at those movies with some of the music and the inclusion of a tuxedo as camo, but that'd be it. If anything it has more in common with Predator, the Arnie movie, than James Bond, and even that comparison is a huge stretch. There's just nothing else really out there like MGS.