The Game Thread!

Why does it look so blurry?  Still might buy it via GMG VIP deal, but until I know if they are making it and not being handed to some crap dev (like Batman) I'm reluctant to buy it.

Hughesy said:
Why does it look so blurry?  Still might buy it via GMG VIP deal, but until I know if they are making it and not being handed to some crap dev (like Batman) I'm reluctant to buy it.
I think it's probably just the way the guy has recorded it :p Probably used a crappy PVR that he's plugged into the PS4 (yup, PS4 footage) at the event. The footage from E3 below looks better, but you can tell the motion blur is on. Luckily being PC players we can usually turn that off ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7uWr1bJvw0

Hughesy said:
I think it's probably just the way the guy has recorded it :p Probably used a crappy PVR that he's plugged into the PS4 (yup, PS4 footage) at the event. The footage from E3 below looks better, but you can tell the motion blur is on. Luckily being PC players we can usually turn that off ;)

Still looks like a blurry mess, it's not motion blur but bad dof effects.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Still looks like a blurry mess, it's not motion blur but bad dof effects.
Meh, game still looks fun to me.

Anybody played Kholat?
Not played but have watched a bunch of let's plays of it :p Doesn't look bad at all, but it does seem to be a pretty short game. Love how it's based on something that really happened though.

I watched a program about this, I'll probably pickup the game but when it's a bit cheaper. If it's short I don't want to pay much, but that's just me. Lovely graphics though.

Anybody played Kholat?
Not played but have watched a bunch of let's plays of it :p Doesn't look bad at all, but it does seem to be a pretty short game. Love how it's based on something that really happened though.
I was watching a video about the Dyatlov Pass and somebody told me about the game. Pretty interesting story and the game looks scary as hell :L

The  £15 price is a bit off putting 

Yep, the price and the length are both off-putting things for me too. Luckily there's Steam key sites ;) http://www.g2play.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=kholat

@RevolvingPrawn @Hughesy @onetwothree There is 50% of the vehicles from the Pacific standard heist :) I bought the Savage attack Helicopter last night for half price.

Started a new Grand Prix World save, this time with Benetton. It's immediately harder, but a long term project. First race done, Fisi got pole on softs and Wurz was fourth on the hard tyre. Finished first and third in the race, and hired David Coulthard for next season. Now I want to try and get Diniz as number 2 to pay his salary.

@RevolvingPrawn @Hughesy @onetwothree There is 50% of the vehicles from the Pacific standard heist :) I bought the Savage attack Helicopter last night for half price.
It's all still the same prices for me :(

The Savage was 1.9 million before the sale and now it's around 950,000.

Yea the Savage is different, but if I bought it I'd be left with less an 50,000, and no thanks to that lol. None of the other vehicles prices seem any different at all.

Yea the Savage is different, but if I bought it I'd be left with less an 50,000, and no thanks to that lol. None of the other vehicles prices seem any different at all.
Most of them are way over priced anyway lol

Most of them are way over priced anyway lol
Too true. Wish they'd drop the price of stuff or bump the cash reward from doing missions. I'm usually hovering around the 1Mil mark with online but never seem to really actually make any money on it lol.

GTA is one of the few games where I don't really mind paying for in game currency. If you can produce such a fantastic game like GTA 5, i'm more than happy to pay an extra $30 or so dollars for the in game $$$.

I'm the opposite. I honestly can't justify paying for in-game currency in any game. The only time I'll spend more on a game is for DLC. You can earn an easy 10-20k in betting and races alone and 250k by doing a single heist.

I've got no problem with the shark cards. Technically its GTA's DLC as it covers the cost for all the free additions they've put out for the game. I'll never buy one as its easy to earn money in the game but I will thank everyone who does buy them for all this free stuff we've gotten.

Personally with DLC for me it depends on what it is and whether I think I'll get any use out of it. I tend to buy DLC if it adds anything meaningful to the main game like an extra mission say like the Shadow Broker mission or Leviathan in ME3. I do tend to get the weapon and armour DLC's available for single player as well. But if it was just extra experience points/gasme currency I'd rather just earn it personally same with multiplayer stuff as I don't really touch it.