DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

The Game Thread!

Really? That India vs Brazil seems a bit easy to me (expecting onetwothree to say "I made it look easy") :P

Clearly, with a talent pool of over a billion, there has to be at least 11 people that are good. Brazil have a mere 200 million to choose from.

For you, @Ron666.

https://twitter.com/derpyonethree/status/463313608013656064

New COD game titled Call of Duty Advanced Warfare game set in the future with soldiers wearing Crysis style suits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZij59x5DO8

Amplitude by Harmonix Music Systems - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

http://youtu.be/R8qrXpoKADs?t=20s

Installed Daylight on Steam and the game shows promise but the mouse lag is horrible and it seems other people have the same problem, so hope they bring out a patch to fix it.

New COD game titled Call of Duty Advanced Warfare game set in the future with soldiers wearing Crysis style suits.

sae this yesterday on youtube looks like they've put in some very nice graphics.  I don't usually jump on the COD's although I do have some I'm tempted to get this one

sae this yesterday on youtube looks like they've put in some very nice graphics.  I don't usually jump on the COD's although I do have some I'm tempted to get this one
One or two COD's coming out each year seems to be the trend now from Treyarch and Infinity Ward.

One or two COD's coming out each year seems to be the trend now from Treyarch and Infinity Ward.
yeah it does I like the look of this one though it looks like some really nice graphics I didn't think that ghosts looked any more impressive than the pervious games really so didn't get that this one I'm tempted by though

Ghosts looked good for a COD game, which isn't saying much. This new one actually looks alright, made by a new dev so we should really give them a chance to show what they can do.

yeah Ghosts does look good I'm not saying that but it doesn't really look to have as big a step forward that you'd expect from a next gen game this one does at least to me it does

It really annoys me when people say that Advanced Warfare looks like Titanfall. 

Firstly, it has been in development for 2-3 years and secondly, since when did Titanfall invent Mechs and that time setting?

Looks good, haven't played a ton of Ghosts, but Ghosts is a good game. I really hope AW works out.

AMS97KRR said:
It really annoys me when people say that Advanced Warfare looks like Titanfall. 

Firstly, it has been in development for 2-3 years and secondly, since when did Titanfall invent Mechs and that time setting?

Looks good, haven't played a ton of Ghosts, but Ghosts is a good game. I really hope AV works out.
I haven't watched or really seen anything about Advanced Warfare yet, but Titanfall is a pretty beast game, so if AW is being compared to it that isn't really a bad thing :p

And I must say, Ghosts is pretty cool. The graphics and typical CoD gameplay are still there and still feel lacklustre, but the story itself is really good. Loved the parts in space and underwater, Rorke was a good enemy, and basing the story on the two brothers who weren't military badasses at the start made it easier to get into. Good game overall, better than most of the recent CoD's :)

Really want Project CARS. Considering buying a PS4 when the game releases. 

I guess it is somewhat of a compliment to be compared to Titanfall.

Oh look - someone disagreed with my comment and gave no explanation as to why. I'd like to know your opinion @KRTheIceman

AMS97KRR said:

Oh look - someone disagreed with my comment and gave no explanation as to why. I'd like to know your opinion @KRTheIceman
Exactly :) Plus both will have their strengths and weaknesses. Like Titanfall is multiplayer only (which is a downfall for me), but has seriously fun wall-running mechanics and really interesting weapons. Advanced Warfare on the other hand will have a single player story (big plus for me) and some neat new tricks of their own. I really need to catch up on what's been released about it before I say anything though lol.
It won't be a day one buy for me I must admit, but then neither was Titanfall. I'll get it at some point though as CoD games, judging by Ghosts, are getting better :)

AMS97KRR said:

Indeed if Titanfall had single player campaigns on it I'd have considered getting it as it is a good looking game I'm just not into MMO's really. At least COD games do have single player campaigns so is certainly an option for me.

AMS97KRR said:

Exactly :) Plus both will have their strengths and weaknesses. Like Titanfall is multiplayer only (which is a downfall for me), but has seriously fun wall-running mechanics and really interesting weapons. Advanced Warfare on the other hand will have a single player story (big plus for me) and some neat new tricks of their own. I really need to catch up on what's been released about it before I say anything though lol.
It won't be a day one buy for me I must admit, but then neither was Titanfall. I'll get it at some point though as CoD games, judging by Ghosts, are getting better :)
I hope for the sake of a Once great franchise it is an awesome game. CoD normally has a decent story, although I can't say I buy it for that, I think the majority buy it for multiplayer so thats where it has to shine. It worries me if they add all these new things like jet packs and stuff, if they are not balanced correctly, it could be a game breaker. I think the 2015 CoD from Treyarch will be good, they have made some of the better recent ones and they have had 1 more year to work on it. 

I think games need an offline mode though, story mode or something like Zombies. I know when PSN went down for a month or so I played offline Zombies and that wasn't too bad.

I'm not really a CoD fanatic anymore, or an FPS fanatic. I hope it brings something new to the scene, because a lot of people seem to be getting fed up with FPS games.