The Game Thread!

Hughesy said:
Midnight can't come soon enough, Fallout 4!  :D

yeah I know I'm preloaded and ready to go. I'll likely give it a look tonight but as for properly playing I'll wait till I'm finished my run on other games I've got on the go.

Hughesy said:
Red sky tonight, Fallout 4 tonight  B)

yeah I've not played any of the previous ones but this new one looks good. I've got in mind already the kind of character I want to start with but I'm not finalising anything until I get to play and look at my options.

Hughesy said:
Now playing Fallout 4  :D

.............l........

Yeah I've spent the las t hour or so on it looking  around looks good so far. Will play it properly once I'm finished with other things I've got on the go right now.

Most apps for games are pointless gimmicks, but the Fallout 4 pipboy app is awesome and pretty essential in my opinion. Having a realtime map, inventory and many other things is awesome. Everything you can do ingame via the pipboy you can also do in the app, but the app is actually quicker than scrolling through stuff in game. Everyone that plays F4 should try it, I know @RevolvingPrawn tried to but he couldn't get it to connect, I suspect his firewall is blocking it as I have seen others with the same issue.

@Matthew77258 and @couger1981 GTA tomorrow night? I've given up on you English because of your wacky timezone. 
Sounds good.

Platy said:
Tomorrow lunchtime in real person time?.
More like tomorrow post breakfast, pre lunch but kinda not brunch yet time.

Picked up Rocket League on a brief Steam sale. Fun little game. Very well put-together.  It's easy to tell pretty quickly that it's one of those "a minute to learn & a lifetime to master" type of games. I'm trying to get half-way competent in single-player before venturing into online multi-player, as I've no doubt that much of the online crowd has probably mastered many seemingly-impossible acrobatic feats by now.

(Tip for "body is too short" messages: I've been padding/filling the remainder of short posts with empty spaces by riding the space-bar.)

@Matthew77258 @couger1981 I just gotta pop into Woolies for a bit after the cricket. Shouldn't be more than 20-30 mins. Get it started in the meantime. 

@Matthew77258 @couger1981 I was literally just about to ask whether you wanted to keep racing but my interwebs cut out. We'll play again soon. 

Platy said:
Its a great game mode. I wish the maps were darker and more open. The point to point makes it too easy. Hopefully they'll add some more maps in the next update.
The problem i found is that it doesn't give you time to find a good hiding spot forcing you to hide where you start/spawn from.

At the moment, Ziggurat is on sale for 70% off ($4.49 US) at GoG.com (DRM-free). I picked it up & I've been playing for about an hour. So far, it's a fun little diversion. It seems like a well-put-together first-person rogue-like fantasy dungeon-crawler with randomly-generated maps. It's had quite a lot of very positive Steam reviews.