The Game Thread!

Possibly the best GTA V video I have seen, the last part had me in stitches :joy: 

http://youtu.be/1Seo2WhKztg

Iracing is adding the 2015 McLaren MP4-30 to the game in December. It sounds like its going to be really well made.

"Just to give you an idea of the new technology we have developed for this car (by the way we received updated CAD for the MP4-30 as recently as three weeks ago), we are integrating all the technology you would expect in a currently competing F1 car. This work has required us to redesign our engine model to support the F1 Energy Recovery System (ERS) which allows us to harvest thermal energy from the turbo and braking system. We are then propelling the car with a Motor Generator Unit (MGU) that provides a bank of extra electrical power that you will be able to use for overtaking. Because you will not be able to harvest enough energy to fully recharge the system, you will need to manage this extra power over the course of a race. You will also need to manage your fuel to ensure that you have enough to run the full race distance.

We will also be implementing a Drag Reduction System (DRS) which I am sure is familiar to many of you. Basically there will one or two zones around each track where, if you are within a second of a car in front of you, you are allowed to open a flap on your rear wing to reduce drag. During qualifying and practice you will be able to open the flap in the marked DRS zones regardless of your proximity to another car.

When the new car is released we will have all of the primary tracks used with the F1 cars configured with DRS zones and will roll-out additional tracks as time allows.

Ultimately it is our goal to also have multiple tire compounds available for the McLaren MP4-30 in a session and require the use of both. Unfortunately, this feature will not be in the December release but it is our goal to have it ready for the start of the 2016 iRacing World Championship Grand Prix Series."

Definitely going to give it a try, even if its just in practice.

Blimey this is the ad for Windows 1, Steve Ballmer must be on coke in this  :joy: 

https://youtu.be/OonpXElRLVw

Every now and again I mention how brilliant TOCA Race Driver 3 is. That was a good time, when Codemasters used to be good.

That being said, Dirt Rally looks very promising. Although I'm waiting until the game is complete and I can afford a new rig before I get my hands dirty with it.

(I'm also waiting until it has the Suzuki Escudo. You have the Pikes Peak hillclimb, have the car damn it!)

It's pretty good, I just wish it had more 'depth'.  Heroes vs Villains is probably my favorite game mode at the moment, love playing as Boba Fett flying around maps that are stunning graphically. 

I'll donate a cookie, not sure you can pay for games with them, but they taste nice :cookie: 

Rocket League is turning out to be one of the most surprisingly addictive games I've played in a while. Hard to put down once I get going. Quite a thrill to score a goal or pull off an epic save. So far, most of my multi-player matches usually feel pretty close & well-balanced. Win some & lose some, and almost never frustratingly one-sided. Good stuff.

The proud nation of Nigeria is grateful oh generous one. To celebrate, here are a few screenshots from my latest Cities:Skylines shenanigans.

It's pretty good, I just wish it had more 'depth'.  Heroes vs Villains is probably my favorite game mode at the moment, love playing as Boba Fett flying around maps that are stunning graphically. 
It's a pretty game but the amount of content in the game just isn't worth the price tag in my opinion. 

It's a pretty game but the amount of content in the game just isn't worth the price tag in my opinion. 
Where have you been?  :o

Lukedfrt said:
He's been playing Fallout 4, a game that actually has things to do! :p 

Lukedfrt said:
He's been playing Fallout 4, a game that actually has things to do! :p 
Indeed that's one thing I love about RPG's atm you have plenty of quests and tasks to do in them

First sounds from the new McLaren in iRacing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XEijz8wJo

Also some screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/e96I3

They have done a very good job at getting the growl of the engine on the downshifts. Sounds fantastic!