The Game Thread!

Just got another payment from Pcars, keep buying it folks, one day I'll be rich :joy: 

Hughesy said:
Just got another payment from Pcars, keep buying it folks, one day I'll be rich :joy: 

well I recently bought the DLC for it including the classic Hockenheim track. Fun racing down those long forrested straights again.

Really enjoying AC Syndicate, one of the few games this year that has surprised me. Played a silly amount of time and only completed 17% of the game. Graphics are also really nice compared to Unity.

Just tried the new McLaren F1 car out on iRacing... holy cow. One day I'll make it through Eau Rouge.

Won promotion in my first season in charge, not only that but Bristol Rovers got relegated. Tricky start to the season with the whole of my first team injured so I had to use youth players. but slowly the players came back and results picked up. We had the best defensive record in the league but struggled to score goals, so I added 2 players in January and both worked out, one winning player of the season.

Is FM16 worth getting? I've been on FM13 for a couple of years so I'm thinking about an upgrade.
Well if the last one you had was 13 then I'd say yes. The 3D engine is better, not so many weird things happening that look silly, although there's still the odd occasion. Already played for 60 hours or more I think, in FM terms that's not a lot, but compared to last years version which I only played for like 15 hours is pretty good. Didn't like 15 at all.

Going to wait until after Christmas for it, unless they drop the price massively before then. Trying to restrict my spending with my new job starting next month.

Pretty shocked how well league 1 is going for me. After promotion from L2 the goal was to avoid relegation, after 3 games I have won 3 games, and haven't conceded a single goal. I also beat Bristol City 3-0 in the Capital One cup. I have only added 2 players from last season, one for just 75K and another on loan, I feel like a genius at the moment. I'm building it all on a strong defence, as last season I conceded the least amount of goals which got me promoted and the attacking players are scoring goals :D

Hughesy said:
Pretty shocked how well league 1 is going for me. After promotion from L2 the goal was to avoid relegation, after 3 games I have won 3 games, and haven't conceded a single goal. I also beat Bristol City 3-0 in the Capital One cup. I have only added 2 players from last season, one for just 75K and another on loan, I feel like a genius at the moment. I'm building it all on a strong defence, as last season I conceded the least amount of goals which got me promoted and the attacking players are scoring goals :D
Hello Big Sam ;)

Difference is I'm playing good short passing football :p and scoring goals, came 4th in the goal scoring table last season, but as Mansfield proved goals don't win games if you concede a lot. They came 18th but were the top goal scorers lol.

Yes! Glad I waiting and didn't buy it from my Xbox.
http://www.pcgamer.com/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-for-pc-is-releasing-in-january-apparently/

Hughesy said:
Yes! Glad I waiting and didn't buy it from my Xbox.
http://www.pcgamer.com/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-for-pc-is-releasing-in-january-apparently/

Yeah have to admit that's earlier than I thought we'd get it. I thought we'd be waiting till at least March. I am happy about this though as everything I've seen about it I do like for the most part.

Now this is great news, Konami don't deserve to have this guy working for them http://www.pcgamer.com/kojima-is-officially-out-of-konami-and-starting-a-new-studio/

Poor Xbox owners, it's a console exclusive not platform exclusive (like no mans sky) http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain/news/kojimas_new_game_will_be_published_by_sony_is_also_coming_to_pc_wont_be_silent_hills.html

Hay guys, I just invented the flying car. Ill admit there's a few snags that need to be sorted out before going into production, but its a very impressive first step I'm sure you'll agree. :joy: 

https://youtu.be/EASSyfXZL78

After doing nothing all day and no games holding my attention I've decided to play Kerbal for the first time in ages. I've realised I can't remember how to do anything as I have the memory of a fish, so it should be fun trying to re-learn it all.

Thank god for Scott Manley, his noob guides for Kerbal are so good.

Edit: Just noticed it's nearly 11pm and I've been playing Kerbal since about 4:30pm :joy:  When playing this or Football Manager time just seems to fly without knowing. :flushed: 

Hughesy said:
After doing nothing all day and no games holding my attention I've decided to play Kerbal for the first time in ages. I've realised I can't remember how to do anything as I have the memory of a fish, so it should be fun trying to re-learn it all.

Thank god for Scott Manley, his noob guides for Kerbal are so good.

Edit: Just noticed it's nearly 11pm and I've been playing Kerbal since about 4:30pm :joy:  When playing this or Football Manager time just seems to fly without knowing. :flushed: 

Yeah that happens to me a lot when playing ME or DA as well I get so into it that before I know it it's getting later and later.

I have far too many games on the go at the moment, so unless something really good goes on sale I won't be buying any.

@RevolvingPrawn Imagine if Kerbal had co-op. What time are you planning on playing Ark tonight?

Hughesy said:
I have far too many games on the go at the moment, so unless something really good goes on sale I won't be buying any.

@RevolvingPrawn Imagine if Kerbal had co-op. What time are you planning on playing Ark tonight?
Kerbal coop would be like a dream come true lol. I'd go to Duna and intentionally have a malfunction on landing and then challenge you to come rescue me :p 

Usual time bud? Sometime between 7 and 8 all good?