The Game Thread!

Haha you'd be waiting a long time, I've only been to the Mun so far I think :joy: It would be awesome though.

Yep sounds good to me :)

Hughesy said:
Haha you'd be waiting a long time, I've only been to the Mun so far I think :joy: It would be awesome though.

Yep sounds good to me :)
That's alright, I'd take supplies with me and make crops using my own poop while I wait, Watney style :p 

Hughesy said:
I have far too many games on the go at the moment, so unless something really good goes on sale I won't be buying any.

@RevolvingPrawn Imagine if Kerbal had co-op. What time are you planning on playing Ark tonight?

Same here really plus what with 2 games coming out in January that have peaked my interest I think I'll be holding off for now too.

Quite looking forward to an MMO called Black Desert. One of the best looking MMO's I've seen.

Quite looking forward to an MMO called Black Desert. One of the best looking MMO's I've seen.

yeah I've heard of thatsome people have been talking about it on the Bioware forums

Happy Holidays fellow gamers.

The Steam winter sale leaves me hoping for some goodies from Santa. o:)  I gotta remind myself that Steam sales often apply to DLC too (not just full games), so I gotta check my library & see if I've got any games I'd like to expand on.

Steam controller is awesome! Fallout 4 worked great without any tweaking. Took a while to get GTA to how I wanted it, but now I have my accuracy is already much better than using a normal controller :D

Hughesy said:
Steam has been hacked.....                         
DDoS'd :p And then Valve did something stupid and started letting people see other people account info...

Basically, anybody here who has Steam, don't log on or use Steam in any way, shape, or form right now. If your PayPal is linked then go to the PayPal website and unlink your Steam account, don't do it through Steam.

@RevolvingPrawn This is why it showed that you had logged in with a random persons account

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn This is why it showed that you had logged in with a random persons account

So a more fancy and detailed version of when I said about Steam messing up the cache in the PM I sent you :p 

Also iPad :'( lol.

From a Steam rep.

We've gotten reports that people sometimes see other people's account information on the account page. Valve has been made aware of this and are working on a fix.

Some frequently asked questions:
- No, Steam is not hacked

- Creditcard info and phone numbers are, as required by law, censored and not visible to users"

Anyone who's on the fence about buying the Steam controller, I highly recommend it. The amount of customisation is insane. Everything can be changed, the left touch pad can be used as a touch screen. You can set upto 16 things that when you run you finger over it a box shows onscreen, and you then click on what you want. That means you can have lots of short cuts like you would if you used a keyboard. 

It really is amazing, the comfort of a controller, the accuracy of a mouse, and the functionality of a keyboard. The haptic feedback on the touch pads are brilliant, it's hard to explain the feeling, I suppose it feels like you are rolling something with you thumb.

Not only is it great for games, but also for using in Windows. You can bring up a keyboard, it's split into 2 so one side you use the left touchpad and the other the right touchpad, you then just click down on it to select the letter. It's not as fast as a proper keyboard, but once you get used to it you can type pretty fast.

The one thing I thought I wouldn't like was the shape of it, but it's actually comfortable and makes perfect sense. The reason it's curved is so your thumbs are higher, so it's easier to use the touchpads. It's honestly the best controller I've ever used.  :)

Benn playing Final Fantasy 13 on PC got to asy I really like using the Eidolons. Really cool game had it on the PS3 but haddifficulty adjusting to the controls due to my disability so didn't get very far on that one. But I've made it quite far on the PC version at the start of Chapter 11 now

Finally figured out Golems of Amgarrak DLC for Dragon Age Origins. Tricky mission especially fighting those golems but it was fun. Had that DLC like the game for ages but got through it for the first time a couple of days ago. It was kind of confusing but clever in the end a well designed level. Although they could have made the golems a little easier than that to deal with.

Also almost forgot to mention but for those interested in getting Rise of the Tomb raider for PC it is available to be preordered on Steam now

Lukedfrt said:
Wonder how much PlayStation VR will be..
$1,125 CDN :p 

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/632733/Sony-PS4-PlayStation-VR-Headset-UK-Price-Release-Date

Though TBH that price is probably incorrect. It's lower spec than the Oculus Rift but the conversion of that price above would make it more expensive than the Rift and wouldn't expect it to be.

Lukedfrt said:
Wonder how much PlayStation VR will be..
$1,125 CDN :p 

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/632733/Sony-PS4-PlayStation-VR-Headset-UK-Price-Release-Date

Though TBH that price is probably incorrect. It's lower spec than the Oculus Rift but the conversion of that price above would make it more expensive than the Rift and wouldn't expect it to be.
Sony tend to overcharge for new tech. I'd be surprised if it was under £500

Well it makes no difference to me. I wasn't planning on buying it until I saw the price tag. After that, I'm still not planning on buying it ;)

I don't think any of them will be under £500. HTC Vive comes with it's own special controller, so that will up the price as well. Will be waiting a few years until VR is affordable, hopefully the tech is awesome by then though.