The Game Thread!

Gonna spam a couple of videos from my recent gaming exploits.

iRacing - Final lap at Road Atlanta in Skip Barber the other week. I'm the red car at the back of the trio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EVnP0c5beI

Rainbow Six Siege is the best FPS I have played for years. When/if Ubisoft fix the server issues, which it seems like they're doing, I won't have any complaints about it. Plus with all the free DLC coming out with it over the year it's going to have legs. You need to be playing with a group to fully enjoy it though. Anyway a couple of videos.

Quick round -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaRouthGaCg

Watch your step -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fwibyXLkE8

Had a cool moment on Ark last night, we are on a open server now run by a guy who runs the server himself rather than hosting one from Ark.  I went to the snow area to get pelt but didn't pay attention to my health and died. Flew all the way back up on my bros bird (we are right down the bottom of the map), when I got there my bird was attacking a Rex so got him away. Then a message from a rival tribe one of whom was the server owner. They then helped me find my gear and then we went our separate ways, it may be a PVP server but we don't kill just for the hell of it. So far there's about 12 people I think.

This a long but brilliant article, really worth a read. 
http://www.pcgamer.com/most-important-pc-games/

Some pics of my base in Ark, love a red & black theme. We also made a pub as you can now brew beer, made a fireplace which is another new item which looks cool, and I tamed a dino and called it Moe :joy: (yep the one from the Simpsons) Need to paint it all yet and put some windows in.

Cutting it a bit fine  on the Rise of the tomb raider preload. Whilst the games up to be bought the preload isn't yet and it's supposed to be out in 3 days.

Now as I say that it becomes available for preload as if by magic

Looks like the new Tomb raider's finally unlocked not looked at it yet but that's because I'm in the middle of a mission on DAI atm. But having said that I wasn't planning on playing it properly until after I went through the 2013 game again. I will boot it up though eventually to make sure everything looks like it works though.

If you don't plan on playing it for a while why pre order it? Could've got it a lot cheaper by the time you play it.

Hughesy said:
If you don't plan on playing it for a while why pre order it? Could've got it a lot cheaper by the time you play it.

Because I liked some of the pre order bonuses that came with it that's why. I'd have missed out on them if I didn't

Rise Of The Tomb Raider is awesome, it really does rival Uncharted now. The graphics are really good, one of the best looking games ever. Sucks for PS4 owners as they are missing out on a great action adventure games, makes a change PC getting a AAA game before PS4. It has proper tombs this time as well, 9/10 game I think :D And I only paid £28 for it.

Hughesy said:
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is awesome, it really does rival Uncharted now. The graphics are really good, one of the best looking games ever. Sucks for PS4 owners as they are missing out on a great action adventure games, makes a change PC getting a AAA game before PS4. It has proper tombs this time as well, 9/10 game I think :D And I only paid £28 for it.

Yeah it's a great looking game. Glad I bought it as well. I paid moer but then I got the Season pass as well so I get the DLC as it releases too. But then I knew I'd like this game as I've always liked TR so tbh I don't mind paying more

I'm addicted to Euro Truck Simulator 2 again, I have 12 drivers so I'm on my way to building an empire  :D lol.
I started playing again after seeing American Truck Sim came out, I won't be buying that for a while though until they add more states via free dlc. They also have licensing issues with truck makers for some reason, so at the moment there's only 2 trucks, so once all that's sorted I'll probably buy it. Really need to buy a H-shifter for my T500rs though as flappy paddle gears just feels wrong in a truck game.

Anyone played The Political Machine 2016. It's a pretty fun U.S presidential sim. You can use the current political runners, and you can also make your own. If you enjoy political games, I would recommend.  

The dlc is payware apart from the next one
Nope not true, once they have the licensing issues sorted all the trucks will be added for free ;)
I don't have a problem with the rest being DLC, I bought most of them for ETS2. This new game is an expansion though really, which is why it's only £15. Having too much fun with ETS2 at the moment so I don't mind waiting.

Decided to use mods in ETS2. Downloading promods as they re-work the map, and even add new countries. I can see so much work has been put into the mod, so I used the pay for download as its like 60p but downloads quick and supports them.

The cities in ATS are much better than the ones in ETS2. Still wish they were more dense and traffic was a bit worse but overall it's a decent update. Need to explore outside of California though, but happy with it so far.

I did notice you playing it last night, glad it's mostly good. Now I have promod installed, ETS2 has become even better, the size of the map now is huge as it adds 3 new countries (or 4) and more cities within the standard game.  You do need the going east DLC to use the mod, but I already did so it's not an issue. My current job is a 1500 mile trip lol.

Anyone played The Political Machine 2016. It's a pretty fun U.S presidential sim. You can use the current political runners, and you can also make your own. If you enjoy political games, I would recommend.  
I've got 2012. Everyone says 2016 is exactly the same but I there's an upgrade for $5 so I might end up getting it eventually.

I never played 2012 but I've heard that they're pretty similar too,

Need some help deciding on my next PS4 racing game...

https://twitter.com/SynGamer/status/701173802055512064

Hughesy said:
No point waiting for GT, knowing how PD are you'll be waiting until 2020.
Agreed. I'm leaning towards Trackmania right now.