The Game Thread!

Isn't the latter made by Milestone? If so I'd say get Dirt Rally, as they can't make a modern racing/rally game for the life of them....

I just bought Zelda Twilight Princess HD for Wii U, it's the only major Zelda game I haven't played before :D

Man flu sucks, but I have spent the day playing Zelda just using the Wii U tablet screen. Cannot wait for the new Zelda, looks like its going to release on Wii U and NX. So far it's meant to be around PS4 power level, but could also be handheld, it's also meant to use a wireless HDMI dongle, and can also connect to a smartphone. All sounds very interesting. Nintendo are bonkers but that's why I love them, they always try new stuff which doesn't always work. 

Uh WTF, good old Microsoft
http://www.pcgamer.com/fable-legends-is-cancelled-lionhead-studios-to-close/

Why when Microsoft said they were going to focus more on PC gaming it sent a cold shiver down my spine, but it's actually much worse than I feared.
http://www.pcgamer.com/why-pc-games-should-never-become-universal-apps/#page-1

Good old Ubosoft, so glad I thought the game was boring.
http://www.pcgamer.com/no-microtransactions-for-the-division-says-ubi-confusion-follows/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-what-the-divisions-microtransactions-get-you/1100-6435445/

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-gets-off-to-a-rocky-start/

Hughesy said:
Good old Ubosoft, so glad I thought the game was boring.
http://www.pcgamer.com/no-microtransactions-for-the-division-says-ubi-confusion-follows/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-what-the-divisions-microtransactions-get-you/1100-6435445/

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-gets-off-to-a-rocky-start/
And I still think you're missing out :p The beta was excellent, I'm massively looking forward to getting home and loading it up :p 

No need to keep attacking the game just because you thought it was boring dude, to me it's awesome.

Knew you'd pipe up. Just posting articles that contradicts what Ubisoft said, I didn't write the articles so I'm not sure how I'm "attacking" it. I'm not missing out on anything, played the beta so you can't say I didn't give it a chance, I'll never buy it, then on top they cut a large section of the map to sell as DLC later. Anyone that says anything bad about this game you get all defensive  :p

Hughesy said:
Knew you'd pipe up. Just posting articles that contradicts what Ubisoft said, I didn't write the articles so I'm not sure how I'm "attacking" it. I'm not missing out on anything, played the beta so you can't say I didn't give it a chance, I'll never buy it, then on top they cut a large section of the map to sell as DLC later. Anyone that says anything bad about this game you get all defensive  :p
Thing is though, I consider add on packs with in-game skins and clothing as DLC, not microtransactions. A microtransaction to me is something you can pay for so you don't have to wait for something in game and can progress quicker, The Division doesn't have that. 

Also, the server issues, GTA Online had much much bigger server problems when it was launched, yet you love GTA Online just as much as I do :p 

Another thing about the map and DLC, Destiny did the exact same thing but you enjoyed that game ;) 

And you barely scratched the surface when you played the beta, you never even tried out the Dark Zone which is easily one of the most fun things about The Division! If you'd stayed on it, played some with Martin and I and still didn't like it then fair enough. But I just don't think you gave it enough of a chance, and you were already calling it boring before trying it so you were pretty much predisposed to not like it unfortunately bud.

But just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others will feel the same way, I loved the beta, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna feel the same way about the full game.

The Division looked great, even on console, but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe with friends it would be better, but I'm not sure its the right game for me. I prefer an MMO more along the lines of DayZ.

Combine The Division with DayZ's survival/looting ideas, be able to explore every building in Manhattan, and I'd be hooked. Never going to happen ever though.

Hughesy said:
Thing is though, I consider add on packs with in-game skins and clothing as DLC, not microtransactions. A microtransaction to me is something you can pay for so you don't have to wait for something in game and can progress quicker, The Division doesn't have that. 

Also, the server issues, GTA Online had much much bigger server problems when it was launched, yet you love GTA Online just as much as I do :p 

Another thing about the map and DLC, Destiny did the exact same thing but you enjoyed that game ;) 

And you barely scratched the surface when you played the beta, you never even tried out the Dark Zone which is easily one of the most fun things about The Division! If you'd stayed on it, played some with Martin and I and still didn't like it then fair enough. But I just don't think you gave it enough of a chance, and you were already calling it boring before trying it so you were pretty much predisposed to not like it unfortunately bud.

But just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others will feel the same way, I loved the beta, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna feel the same way about the full game.
Pot kettle black..... I didn't force my opinion on anyone, just stated what I thought about it, the only one that's been trying to force your opinion on others (me via dm mostly) is you. Look I gave it a chance and didn't like it, it's not my type of game, if someone can't make their mind up from articles what's the point of articles? But I gave it a chance, played for a few hours so if after than lengh of time I couldn't get into it then I never will. Dark Zone is something I'd like even less so I didn't need to try it. There's plenty of games you wouldn't play due to articles or simply not your type of game, so I'm not sure why you can't accept its not a game I like.

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Pot kettle black..... I didn't force my opinion on anyone, just stated what I thought about it, the only one that's been trying to force your opinion on others (me via dm mostly) is you. Look I gave it a chance and didn't like it, it's not my type of game, if someone can't make their mind up from articles what's the point of articles? But I gave it a chance, played for a few hours so if after than lengh of time I couldn't get into it then I never will. Dark Zone is something I'd like even less so I didn't need to try it. There's plenty of games you wouldn't play due to articles or simply not your type of game, so I'm not sure why you can't accept its not a game I like.
You posted articles which were simply wrong, or blowing up small issues into big ones. And I don't see why you'd post them if you didn't want to influence other people opinions? And you played for 1 hour dude. I saw when you launched the game, I then checked an hour later and you'd stopped playing. Never saw you launch it again. 

And yes plenty of games I wouldn't play, but I tell you that and then that's it. Why do you have to bash The Division by posting stupid articles if you aren't interested in it? And I can accept that you don't like it, but what I can't accept is that you prejudged it, let that influence your opinion of it, barely gave it a chance (BTW, The Dark Zone is not PVP as you probably think, you'd know that if you had tried it and not just read articles), and are now still bashing it by calling it boring, yet to other people it's a bloody good game.

Funny you say about DM's and trying to force opinions though, I haven't DM'd you about The Division since the beta ended over 2 weeks ago. How often do you DM me about Ark despite me telling you I think it's boring now and not worth playing?

Chuckle Brothers playing Hitman :joy: 
http://youtu.be/eh_6qXsOrK4             

Yes! I saw this yesterday evening when Paul tweeted it aha, this is how you market a game to a UK audience!

System Shock is one of the best games ever made. This looks pretty damn good but I think more effort needs to be made to make the level design not look like it's from 1994. It is early days so maybe that'll be improved. In any case, really looking forward to this and the sequel.

Well, Salt and Sanctuary sure is a lot of fun as of now. I mean, it's brutal and holds nothing back, but it's fun. In a painful kind of way. It's complicated.

Sony announced its very own VR headset. Exciting, sure. But after having tested some other solutions, I have to say one thing.
Not only do you look stupid running into walls forgetting about them, but with a pair of spectacles, headphones, and the VR option, you look like Robocop's indebted brother.

The future sure knows how to make you look like a plonker.

I don't care what I look like while playing games, nobody can see me so that really isn't an issue (writing this while wearing a Superman onesie) no F's given   ;) But I won't be getting PS VR, as to get 90fps the graphics are going to be so simple, and 1080p isn't enough for VR. But then all the games I've seen made for VR look boring, so far only playing racing sims using VR interests me. For VR to work games have to change so much so you don't get motion sickness, I'm not sure if it'll catch on or not, time will tell. If great games are made for it then it will, but if not it'll be like Kinect.

I'm feeling in a weird enough mood today so I'm going to ask this; F1 2013 or 2014? Not 2015 because it won't run that well on my PC and it looks like a pile of shite.

2013 without a doubt for me. I prefer the handling of the 2013 cars first of all, plus you get all the classic cars and tracks which can be really good fun. I preferred it way more than 2014.

2013. Them classic cars tho.

t w e l v e c h a r a c t e r s 

2014 for me, the handling was more fun. It was fairly planted most of the time but CM actually managed to get the kicks of oversteer from the extra torque in there pretty damn well. Also there's so many mods for 14 which make it awesome, I ended up running it with around 30 mods and utterly loved it. 

It's very much a copy/paste of 13 on most things, but the handling is way more fun to me. Also the AI are harder in 14, legend was about half a second slower than me, while legend on 13 were 2 seconds slower than me.

What's your PC specs btw? I won't recommend 2015 even if your PC could run it :p The racing on it is very good, the AI are so massively improved it's great. But the game is broken in many ways too.