The Game Thread!

True on most people buying it for multiplayer. I like playing online, but most of them time I'm happiest playing alone and not having to worry about 10 year olds screaming insults down their mic at me cos I killed them 8 times in a row :p 
Jet packs are cool though, I remember playing GTA San Andreas and often putting the jetpack cheat in lol. A mate and I bought it on PC, opened up an empty city and just flew after each other using jetpacks and firing uzi's. Sounds stupid but it had me crying from laughter :)

The trouble with FPS games is that there's only so far you can really go with them atm. Still, I do play FPS's more than any other type of game for some reason lol. I'm seriously dying for Watch Dogs atm, seems like a game with a difference, kinda like GTA only with more to actually do lol.

True on most people buying it for multiplayer. I like playing online, but most of them time I'm happiest playing alone and not having to worry about 10 year olds screaming insults down their mic at me cos I killed them 8 times in a row :p 
Jet packs are cool though, I remember playing GTA San Andreas and often putting the jetpack cheat in lol. A mate and I bought it on PC, opened up an empty city and just flew after each other using jetpacks and firing uzi's. Sounds stupid but it had me crying from laughter :)

The trouble with FPS games is that there's only so far you can really go with them atm. Still, I do play FPS's more than any other type of game for some reason lol. I'm seriously dying for Watch Dogs atm, seems like a game with a difference, kinda like GTA only with more to actually do lol.
you're not the only one I spend a lot of time playing FPS's too mostly games like Doom though but still I enjoy other shooters as well and those  players screaming insults is another good reason why I generally stay away from online gaming you always get so9mne idiots online doesn't matterwhat game you play just makesme glad that at least there aer plenty of single player games to keep me going

I'm playing some iRacing at the moment, it's been a while and I got sick of trying to master the Skip Barber F2000 so I have bought myself the Ruf and Silverstone circuit to go a long with it. It's been over a month probably since I dedicated any time to this but obviously been playing a lot of Autosport in the meantime so I shouldn't be too rusty ;)

I kinda want a PS4 just because MLB The Show. £400 for a single game, not sure I can justify that.

playing F1 2012 and NFS shift 1 at the moment on a bit of a roll at the moment to having won 10 races yesterday on the games I even managed to beat Monaco again which was great as it's only the second time I've won on that track at least on the CM games won a couple today but not doing quite as well as yesterday but still in good form

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
I guess it is somewhat of a compliment to be compared to Titanfall.

Oh look - someone disagreed with my comment and gave no explanation as to why. I'd like to know your opinion @KRTheIceman
Exactly :) Plus both will have their strengths and weaknesses. Like Titanfall is multiplayer only (which is a downfall for me), but has seriously fun wall-running mechanics and really interesting weapons. Advanced Warfare on the other hand will have a single player story (big plus for me) and some neat new tricks of their own. I really need to catch up on what's been released about it before I say anything though lol.
It won't be a day one buy for me I must admit, but then neither was Titanfall. I'll get it at some point though as CoD games, judging by Ghosts, are getting better :)
I hope for the sake of a Once great franchise it is an awesome game. CoD normally has a decent story, although I can't say I buy it for that, I think the majority buy it for multiplayer so thats where it has to shine. It worries me if they add all these new things like jet packs and stuff, if they are not balanced correctly, it could be a game breaker. I think the 2015 CoD from Treyarch will be good, they have made some of the better recent ones and they have had 1 more year to work on it. 

I think games need an offline mode though, story mode or something like Zombies. I know when PSN went down for a month or so I played offline Zombies and that wasn't too bad.

I'm not really a CoD fanatic anymore, or an FPS fanatic. I hope it brings something new to the scene, because a lot of people seem to be getting fed up with FPS games.
it sorts of looks like they've seen how successful Titanfall was and have tried to sort of copy it which could be a major mistake. They'll have the produce 1 hell of a game to beat it imo. Interesting to see if they do anything to zombies/extinction.  As for getting bored with FPS games , I haven't played one in months.

Lukedfrt said:
We need a kick ass Dinosaur game on next gen! 
Something like that old Dino game on the PS2?
either thsat or the old Dino Crisis games on PS1 still got those games and enjoy playing them

Lukedfrt said:
either thsat or the old Dino Crisis games on PS1 still got those games and enjoy playing them
Thats the one im talking about Dino Crisis 1 & 2

Lukedfrt said:
There was a 3rd one released. But nothing beats the 1st one in my opinion (although I have played the 2nd one only for a few minutes, didn't like the whole points thing too much.)

mike96 said:
Lukedfrt said:
There was a 3rd one released. But nothing beats the 1st one in my opinion (although I have played the 2nd one only for a few minutes, didn't like the whole points thing too much.)

don't think it ever came out on the PS1 though as I never found it I think it was  only an Xbox game the 3rd one I liked the fact that it was a puzzly shooter game a game that makes you think. Been a while since I played them though but I do play them on my PS3 from time to time  one of the main reasons why I've decided to stick with it.

mike96 said:
Lukedfrt said:

don't think it ever came out on the PS1 though as I never found it I think it was  only an Xbox game the 3rd one I liked the fact that it was a puzzly shooter game a game that makes you think. Been a while since I played them though but I do play them on my PS3 from time to time  one of the main reasons why I've decided to stick with it.

Yeah there were some puzzles that were really tricky, not to mention the 4 encounters with T-Rex!

mike96 said:
This will be fun :P
It will be embarrassing for Onetwothree, Zigic is going to destroy his back 4!

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
Lukedfrt said:

Yeah there were some puzzles that were really tricky, not to mention the 4 encounters with T-Rex!
yeah loved shooting the shotgun or the grenade gun in his face in the first one :P

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
Lukedfrt said:

yeah loved shooting the shotgun or the grenade gun in his face in the first one :P
I was a bit shocked at that fight, I mean you find that guy in that room and while you're talking CRACK! That was scary :P

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
mike96 said:
Lukedfrt said:

I was a bit shocked at that fight, I mean you find that guy in that room and while you're talking CRACK! That was scary :P
yeah that's a scary moment caught me off guard at first too in that scene