The Game Thread!

Bored so it's Kerbal time, poor bastards don't have a clue what's going to happen to them.... :joy:

Seems those little green bastards have got payback. So I just went to start Kerbal and it crashed, actually had to reset my PC to get the game to work, it then says my save data is invalid. Not happy! :angry:

Just bought Cities Skylines, don't have a clue what I'm doing as its been so long since I played a sim like this, but I love learning while playing. Let the madness begin :D

Hughesy said:
Just bought Cities Skylines, don't have a clue what I'm doing as its been so long since I played a sim like this, but I love learning while playing. Let the madness begin :D
I only played it once before, but it seemed pretty good! It was like what the last Sim City should have been, but wasn't lol. 

Really enjoying it so far, there's no tutorial but it's pretty simple to figure out the basics. Probably not doing stuff perfectly, I'm expecting big problems when my city grows. Bought the game from cdkeys for £8 B)

Haha yea, only bit of advice I can really give for it: Try to layout your roads early in a way that won't cause congestion. 

Easy to write, not easy to do in the game lol. You'll have traffic problems in the end either way :p 

Haha yea, I'm already getting traffic build up at the entrance to my city, built bigger roads but they are still only using 1 lane lol.

Huge face palm when you get all the way to the Mun but forget to add landing gear to the ship in Kerbal :joy:

Big rumours that CoD4 is being remastered for release with the new CoD game. I'm excited/nervous, it's the game that got me into gaming and how I met a bunch of my friends. If its true I hope they don't mess it up. 

Also this doesn't help calm rumours.

https://mobile.twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/725430851127808000

Platy said:
Big rumours that CoD4 is being remastered for release with the new CoD game. I'm excited/nervous, it's the game that got me into gaming and how I met a bunch of my friends. If its true I hope they don't mess it up.

Also this doesn't help calm rumours.

https://mobile.twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/725430851127808000

I'll be utterly shocked if they don't mess it up.

Whilst at work today I saw that PES 2016 was down to £17 and had the license for the Euro 2016 Championship. I like buying the World cup and Euro's games when they come out using all the stadiums, cool intros ect....

Got home and holy shit what a disappointment....the whole game....it has ONE stadium from the Euros, and only 15 of the 24 teams licensed. And like another 8 or 9 stadiums both generic and real life. And they seem to have less teams licensed than before.....it's just such a poor attempt. 

Although once again it plays so much better than Fifa, as per usual. Fun to play but I'm one of those that likes a variety of stadiums....and the San Siro and Giuseppe Meazza ARE NOT TWO DIFFERENT STADIUMS, THEY ARE THE SAME

Whilst at work today I saw that PES 2016 was down to £17 and had the license for the Euro 2016 Championship. I like buying the World cup and Euro's games when they come out using all the stadiums, cool intros ect....

Got home and holy **** what a disappointment....the whole game....it has ONE stadium from the Euros, and only 15 of the 24 teams licensed. And like another 8 or 9 stadiums both generic and real life. And they seem to have less teams licensed than before.....it's just such a poor attempt. 

Although once again it plays so much better than Fifa, as per usual. Fun to play but I'm one of those that likes a variety of stadiums....and the San Siro and Giuseppe Meazza ARE NOT TWO DIFFERENT STADIUMS, THEY ARE THE SAME
Agreed the Guiseppe Meazza is San Siro's other name but there you are that's what you get I suppose when you hand licenses over to Konami a half assed job

FIFA may have all the licences but the game feels empty and half assed. I suppose thats what happens when they focus on easy money of Ultimate Team.

Platy said:
FIFA may have all the licences but the game feels empty and half assed. I suppose thats what happens when they focus on easy money of Ultimate Team.

Yeah that's why I tend to prefer FIFA more tbh these days. PES gameplay is solid enough but having to keep downloading patches every year just to put the real team names and kits into PES can be a real pain in the neck. Especially as sometimes they don't work. I'm surprised Konami just don't give up and just let EA get on with it. Because in my opinion Konami are fighting a losing battle.

Konami are at least focusing on making the gameplay good. Honestly the latest Fifa game was awful and nothing has changed since the previous one I played 4 years ago. If Konami give up then EA have no incentive to actually try and make a good game, you'll just end up with even crapper games like you get with Madden and the NHL games.

If I do decide to get a new football game it certainly won't be Fifa after hearing every say how good the gameplay is in PES. Wish I would have gambled on it this year tbh.

Cities Skylines is a lot more addictive than I thought it would be. I haven't played a sim like this since the old Sim City games when I was a kid. Still figuring stuff out, as many issues aren't obvious (to me anyway) but I always get there in the end.

Platy said:
Platy said:
Konami are at least focusing on making the gameplay good. Honestly the latest Fifa game was awful and nothing has changed since the previous one I played 4 years ago. If Konami give up then EA have no incentive to actually try and make a good game, you'll just end up with even crapper games like you get with Madden and the NHL games.

If I do decide to get a new football game it certainly won't be Fifa after hearing every say how good the gameplay is in PES. Wish I would have gambled on it this year tbh.
Oh yeah, there's no doubt about it that PES has the better gameplay, it's actually a challenge! 

I was just really disappointed that they have the Euro 2016 license and only have 1 stadium from it compared to ea who have all stadiums ect in their World Cup games and Euro's when they did it. I like the gameplay, but I like all the extras too.

It's only 17 in Asda, might be cheaper elsewhere 

Picked up Minecraft on PS$ for $26 time to get building lol

I have it for PC aswell and created the Mines of Moria from LOFR a few years ago but my save got corrupted and lost it :(

I'm in shock, Microsft have released a game that works on UWP finally, and it's Forza Apex beta. It really is Forza on PC, can't wait for the full Forza 7 later in the year. They even have the impulse triggers working with the X1 controller, the first game on PC to do so. For a free game it's awesome, lots of cars to drive, and at 1440p res it looks great, not on PCars level but still beautiful.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted at the fact that I've maxed out every graphics setting in the list and the game is just running perfectly... I don't understand how there's a UWP game that runs this well while still looking great lol.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted at the fact that I've maxed out every graphics setting in the list and the game is just running perfectly... I don't understand how there's a UWP game that runs this well while still looking great lol.
It's black magic! For a beta it's really good.

*wakes up tomorrow and they release a patch and mess it up lol. It's awesome though, Forza on PC is huge, and this is just a free version yet has plenty of content :D

Dave knows via PM's how much I've bashed Microsft for UWP and the broken games, so it was a massive shock to me and him that I loved it lol. Very very happy, already been playing for a few hours, even though I have Foza 6 on Xbox, but that hasn't been turned on since last year haha.

After GFWL (& XBone), it'll take quite some time for UWP to prove itself in my eyes.