The Game Thread!

Silly Russian embassy.
http://www.pcgamer.com/russias-uk-embassy-uses-command-conquer-screen-to-warn-of-syrian-extremists/

RubyRuby said:
My AMD problem was with laptop graphics drivers.  Maybe they weren't missing, just taking a time out.  I gave them four days to show, but that game does not age well.

The MS problem wasn't with their spying, just with me knowing what's going in or out of my PC.  As for dodgy activities, I'm not engaged in any but it looks like MS is.  The software is from MS, but the PC is mine and that's where MS thinks they are entitled to dump or remove anything whether I want it or not, whether I know what it is, or not.  That doesn't seem dodgy to you?

I have a couple of SSDs for the PC, so I reckon I'll be getting much faster boots soon without Win10.  I am content with 1080p and 60fps.  And RAM is cheap, especially if I stick with DDR3 for a while longer.  I don't need the best tech, just sufficient tech.  As for privacy, I don't have anything to hide but that doesn't make my privacy less important.  Generalities are insufficient and I'm still dubious.  I'm willing to give Win10 another try, but not until I see solid reasons to do so.  I'm aware that eventually I'll have to give up on Win7, but not yet.
Yeah I'm dubious about Win 10 as well if it's any consolation. I've given it a try but I ended up with more problems than positives out of the few days I spent with it so went back to Win 7. I may go to Win 10 eventually but that'll likely be when I next go for a new PC besides my computer's running fine for now and I'm able to do what I want for the most part with Win 7 so things are working well.  Although I've had to spend most of today reprogramming it as I had a virus that was making my Anti virus system freak out like crazy. Fortunately it's solved now.

Getting this thread back to actually what it's meant for...

Been playing a bunch of the new Doom tonight, definitely surpassed my expectations! It's the most fun I've had in FPS game in a very very long time. The whole flow of the game, in terms of movement and shooting is extremely well done, to the point that even playing with a controller doesn't feel much less accurate than playing mouse and keyboard. Graphics are great, runs really well, it's only using one of my GPU's and I'm still always over 60FPS with all settings (minus DOF and motion blur) set to Ultra.

It's almost like they took the original Doom, and turned it up to 11.

Some of my screenshots.

I love that they added some retro sections, really brings back memories as a kid playing it with my bro.

Console owners can no longer say they dont need to upgrade every few years to get the best experience, this is going to complicate things..... I can see why they've done it, off the bat both consoles came out underpowered unlike the gen before (360 performed better than a high end PC on release) and for VR. If Xbox want to keep up they need to release a better console before PlayStation. 
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/playstation-4-neo-arrives-end-september.html

Been playing a bunch of the new Doom tonight, definitely surpassed my expectations! It's the most fun I've had in FPS game in a very very long time. The whole flow of the game, in terms of movement and shooting is extremely well done, to the point that even playing with a controller doesn't feel much less accurate than playing mouse and keyboard. Graphics are great, runs really well, it's only using one of my GPU's and I'm still always over 60FPS with all settings (minus DOF and motion blur) set to Ultra.

Some of my screenshots.

Yeah it's a good game got it myself as well played a little last night before going to bed. It's tougher than the original Doom games but it definitely has the original Doom like atmosphere about it I agree. Nice screenshots btw.

Some of my screenshots.

Is there Single player i heard a rumor it was Multiplayer only and haven't played the beta.

Nah, I hate multiplayer only games, seem like a waste of money to me.

Doom very much has single player, and it's really really good! I've not even touched multiplayer.

Some of my screenshots.

Is there Single player i heard a rumor it was Multiplayer only and haven't played the beta.
yes there is single player I'd have never touched it if it didn't. It's moer challenging than the older Doom's but it certainly has the atmosphere

Funnily enough that's exactly what happens in the game too :lol: Teammates are always leaving me to fend for myself. Because Hunters make excellent tanks!....

Microsoft has gone full retard with this, giving us a map editor but not the actual game.
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-halo-5-forge-editor-but-not-halo-5-is-coming-to-pc/

Love the new offical map in Ark, so much so my bro and I setup our own server again. Added loads of cool mods, and also things so you don't need to grind so much, mainly because he doesn't have time to play much. The map is so different compared to the other offical map.

been enjoying playing my first Qunari in Dragon Age Inquisition been kind of fun playing a Saarebas

Anything going on with F1 2016? I'm sure the last one came out in June.. but i ain't seen nothing about this years. 

Lukedfrt said:
Anything going on with F1 2016? I'm sure the last one came out in June.. but i ain't seen nothing about this years. 
All I've seen is that proper career mode is back, and so is the safety car. Other than that I've no idea. I'm still gonna be buying it whenever it comes out though, it's F1 right? :p 

Lukedfrt said:
All I've seen is that proper career mode is back, and so is the safety car. Other than that I've no idea. I'm still gonna be buying it whenever it comes out though, it's F1 right? :p 

yeah other than career mode and the safety car are back that's all they've revealed so far they have said career is  going to be more immersive than the last few games too but other than that that's all they've said really. I'd like to know more myself but I'm pretty sure an announcement is imminent but when we get it is another question. Only time will tell.

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/05/introducing-f1-2016/

I'm kinda getting an F1 2010 feel.

Here you go

Edit: Didn't notice Matt had linked it already 

It all sound rather good, but well they don't exactly have great form in creating a game without game braking bugs. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it on release day, I just hope they have shown love to wheel FFB, as every game so far has been like driving through mud.

I'm kinda getting an F1 2010 feel.

So am I. I'm kind of glad they're going back to the beginning again though because for me there was very little wrong with F1 2010. The career mode there is fantastic and it's probably the one I enjoy playing most even today of the F1 games. I do like 2012 as well but that's because I like the AI in that game not so much the career mode itself because even though I play on easy mode it was an interesting challenge. Don't see a release date for it yet on that page but I have to say I am pumped up for it. Need to start thinking about getting some racing in on my other F1 games I think I've come all over into a racy mood. I saw the pic of the Haas motorhome that looked pretty impressive as well.