The Game Thread!

They're a pretty good way for someone who's new to PC gaming to grab a bunch of games on the cheap. But when you have 190+ games in your library already it's difficult to find anything new in them. Only bought one game so far.

Nah I mean the types of games, steam is full of crap you'd find on the app store/Google play these days... There was an article about this on PC Gamer a while back. No doubt there's still great deals, but they get drowned out with the amount of crap there is.  :/

Hughesy said:
Steam sales seem to be full of so much crap these days....

Indeed I can't afford much anyway and am going to have to cut back on my games or at least wait for a gap in a time I don't have to spend much before I can buy one. There's a few games that have got my attention but I'm going to have to spread them out a bit the only things I might get in the short order are the expansions for the Witcher 3 game Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine as I don't have those yet. But until F1 2016 comes out that's about the only thing I'm likely to pounce on. I have to admit though I'm looking forward to the new Fifa as well. Right now these are the only things I almost certainly will be buying There aer a couple of RPG's I like the look of The Technomancer and the Deus Ex game but will likely wait for a quiet spell before getting them though. As mum's relying on my benefits to pay a higher share of the bills lately so it's been eating away at some of my game buying stash. Thankfully Mass Effect Andromeda isn't out until next year now so don't need to worry about missing out on that

I was thinking about buying Rust in the Steam sale as it's only £7.49, but I think playing on my own would be tricky and I'd have to find a PVE server. It would be nice to have a single player option like Ark so you could learn how to play.

tbh I'm just sticking with what games I have atm once I'm through my current run of Dragon Age Inquisition I was going to do a proper run of the Witcher games along with another run of Mass Effect. Intermixing between the 2 series I willalso probably move my F1 and Fifa careers I have on the go a little further on as well. I keep promising myself I'll do a proper run of the Witcher series but then keep putting it off so I've decided now's the time once I'm finished my current DAI playthrough.

I saw one of these the other day, actually really good and definitely worth watching if people haven't seen it already!

Haha that was awesome, if the BBC hire these guys id actually watch Top Gear :joy:

Bought into the Eco Global Survival alpha. Its very much like Minecraft but with ecological consequences. Limited resources means you should aim to preserve what you can, and don't destroy the planet.

However people online don't realise this and cut down trees for XP meaning no resources for anyone else. Once me and my mates got our head around things its a pretty fun game, we developed masonry tech so we don't rely on wood any longer and have made big leaps. Promising game but has a lot of work needed, hence it being alpha.

Started playing Fallout 4 again over the last few days, I'm now thinking to myself why did I stop playing it. Also with the new graphical effects they added in updates to the PC version it looks stunning in certain  light conditions. 

mike96 said:
So, thoughts after the latest news on F1 2016?
What news is that @mike96?
http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/07/f1-2016-new-features-trailer/

A 22 player-online grid, manual starts and formation lap as well!  

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

Well, it's only taken them 8 years to add the features we've been asking for since they announced they had the license.

It does sound like it's shaping up to be the best since 2010 though.

Sounds good, but VR support?                          

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

Well, it's only taken them 8 years to add the features we've been asking for since they announced they had the license.

Yeah I agree @RevolvingPrawn I do hope they put options in to turn some of these things off or allow us to go back to the way things were because todays announcement leaves me a bit wary that we might end up with another F1 2013 situation on our hands where some people will end up complaining it's too hard and as I recall that's what happened with 2013 when they tried to go too far down the sim route then because it completely ruined the easier difficulties of the game. Also everyone around here might remember it lead to the forum being shut down. I think the ideas are good. I'm just worried about us little guys who just like to just drive around on Amateur difficulty and things like that as I wouldn't want to see CM repeat those mistakes. Especially after what they've promised sounds like one of the best racing games I've ever heard of.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

Yeah I agree @RevolvingPrawn I do hope they put options in to turn some of these things off or allow us to go back to the way things were because todays announcement leaves me a bit wary that we might end up with another F1 2013 situation on our hands where some people will end up complaining it's too hard and as I recall that's what happened with 2013 when they tried to go too far down the sim route then because it completely ruined the easier difficulties of the game. Also everyone around here might remember it lead to the forum being shut down. I think the ideas are good. I'm just worried about us little guys who just like to just drive around on Amateur difficulty and things like that as I wouldn't want to see CM repeat those mistakes. Especially after what they've promised sounds like one of the best racing games I've ever heard of.

Well, considering that I play F1 2015 on Legend AI and the only assist I use now is ABS, I'm not worried about it being difficult :p

I'm saying that even back in 2008 there was people asking for formation laps, full grids for multiplayer, manual starts, manual pit lane entry, etc etc. It's taken CM only 8 games to add in those features.

Dave is the bastard that always beats me, so yea he's not worried :joy:

I just pray they have finally worked on FFB feel, as it's still awful. What worries me is they said FFB was great in F1 15 and everyone seemed to love it, yet I haven't found anyone who thought the FFB was great. It still felt like driving through mud, its all very vague, get that feature right and I'd get a lot more excited about the game.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

Well, considering that I play F1 2015 on Legend AI and the only assist I use now is ABS, I'm not worried about it being difficult :p

I'm saying that even back in 2008 there was people asking for formation laps, full grids for multiplayer, manual starts, manual pit lane entry, etc etc. It's taken CM only 8 games to add in those features.

well fortunately Jenny confirmed that it can be turned off or skipped  for those that prefer the way the game handles now anyway so I'm pleased about that. It just depends on what options you prefer. So it can be put back to Auto if people prefer that the manual stuff is all optional. So al good as far as I'm concerned

Thought I'd install some mods for Fallout 4 to make it look a bit better. These include high res textures, darker nights, more realistic thunder storms and dynamic fog and a subtle ENB shader. Really happy with the results.

I still haven't completed it! Currently 38 hours into the game, don't think I've got much left though

Lukedfrt said:
I still haven't completed it! Currently 38 hours into the game, don't think I've got much left though
Lol, I'm currently 134 hours in, nowhere near finishing it yet :p

141 hour in, same. The main story is short but there's so much to do. Not sure what level my character is, into the 50s though. Another mod added, really dense grass, there's no more sparse areas, it does hit performance though.

Dirt Rally VR patch is 10GB? How? Why? The last patch for the game was over 15GB. I don't have time for that shit.