The Game Thread!

Sucks for people with slow broadband, it would only take me a few minutes to download. I suppose they had to re-do most of the game to make VR more comfortable, guarantee it would be worth it, Dirt Rally would be top of the list for me if I had VR. 

After all these years I'm finally playing Minecraft. I always thought the graphics would hurt my eyes, but actually playing it its quite nicer. I knew I'd like the game play, as I love crafting/building. I'm only playing the demo but I'm probably going to buy it. 

Minecraft is an amazing game. Once you get your head around the vanilla content look into the nodded stuff, its ridiculous whats out there.

Cheers will do :D I'm totally hooked, I feel rather silly not trying it until now. 

I have been playing Minecraft since 10am and just looked at the time, goodbye life lol. 

I'm just working my way through a F1 2012 career only in my 3rd race so far but still as much fun as when I did my last career on it.

Not sure my head has gone square, but I'm pretty sure my butt has :joy: Barely done anything apart from play Minecraft all day, making up for lost time obviously.... 

I think my first ever base in Minecraft is coming along quite well. :)

This is pretty sweet

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=nintendoclassicmini&utm_content=announcement

Totally messed up my PC after installing forge for Minecraft somehow. Windows bar doesn't respond, no Web browser and I can't get to system restore, so God knows how I'm going to fix this. 

Hughesy said:
Totally messed up my PC after installing forge for Minecraft somehow. Windows bar doesn't respond, no Web browser and I can't get to system restore, so God knows how I'm going to fix this. 

Time to get creative :p

Managed to get to a restore point. 2 issues though, lost my Minecraft save and also the software to control my keyboard and mouse leds and stuff won't work. I tried reinstalling it but still it won't open. I only wanted to install a shader for Minecraft for God sake, always thought mods were easy to install for it, yet somehow I messed up my PC lol. 

Platy said:
This is pretty sweet

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=nintendoclassicmini&utm_content=announcement
Now that's a tasty treat. And I really love the old school packaging :D 

Hughesy said:
Managed to get to a restore point. 2 issues though, lost my Minecraft save and also the software to control my keyboard and mouse leds and stuff won't work. I tried reinstalling it but still it won't open. I only wanted to install a shader for Minecraft for God sake, always thought mods were easy to install for it, yet somehow I messed up my PC lol. 

yeah mods can be tricky SOB's had a few issues with some myself.

Definitely going to get a Micro NES, I still have the original at my parents, but my dad broke it as he left it outside while sorting stuff. Was not happy with him as it was worth a lot. The reason I still have it even though it doesn't work is to use the case and build a micro PC inside it one day. 

Hughesy said:
Definitely going to get a Micro NES, I still have the original at my parents, but my dad broke it as he left it outside while sorting stuff. Was not happy with him as it was worth a lot. The reason I still have it even though it doesn't work is to use the case and build a micro PC inside it one day. 

yeah have to admit I'm tempted by it myself My brother had the SNES but I never had any of that stuff as I did most of my gaming on proper computer systems like the Amstrad or Amiga. I've always thought Mario Bros was  a colourful fun game though

I'm playing F1 15 using my wheel for the first time in ages, it feels really good. I'm not sure if they made some improvements to the FFB  since I last played, but I feel every bump and what my car is doing, before it felt really vague. Can't wait for 16, seems like a total overhaul. 

Had an "Oh $#!@" moment while playing Project CARS this morning. Haven't seen a kart do that yet

https://twitter.com/MySynpai/status/754671419934568448

Hughesy said:
I'm playing F1 15 using my wheel for the first time in ages, it feels really good. I'm not sure if they made some improvements to the FFB  since I last played, but I feel every bump and what my car is doing, before it felt really vague. Can't wait for 16, seems like a total overhaul. 

yeah have to admit looking forward to F1 2016 as well pre-ordered it from Shopto already. Been playing some of the old F1 games and 2015 these past few days myself. Not playing any games atm but that's because I'm installing one and I'm waiting for the DLC's to download just Origin being it's slow self again. Problem is you can't have a game running while you wait for Origin to do it's thing like you can with Steam which is a pain.

SynGamer said:
Had an "Oh $#!@" moment while playing Project CARS this morning. Haven't seen a kart do that yet

What on earth happened there!!

Lukedfrt said:
SynGamer said:

What on earth happened there!!
AI clipped the curb, got some air, and the left front tire touched down at the wrong angle? Hard to tell, never seen anything like that. 

He hit the high curb, no suspension, high speed turn=flipping and flying :joy:

I'm starting to pay the price for getting back into F1 15 and using my wheel for the first time in months. I've done 2 50% races today and now I'm struggling to move :joy: Was great fun though, I'm sure they've improved the FFB though, as I can feel what the car is doing and what setup changes I need to do. Because of this I'm now playing at a higher difficulty.

Have to admit I'm looking forward to the Blood ties DLC for Rise of the Tomb raider when it comes out.