The Game Thread!

I've had a look but couldn't find any answers, but I probably know the answer, any news of VR support for F1 2016?

After playing Assetto Corsa with VR it's hard to go back to a fixed screen for racing games, or driving games. Even the poor implementation in ETS2 is better than a screen.

Platy said:
I've had a look but couldn't find any answers, but I probably know the answer, any news of VR support for F1 2016?

After playing Assetto Corsa with VR it's hard to go back to a fixed screen for racing games, or driving games. Even the poor implementation in ETS2 is better than a screen.

Not as far as I know I haven't seen any although I've not been looking for VR stuff. Although personally I'm looking forward to this career mode even more so now after seeing Aarava's vids on it.

Platy said:

Not as far as I know I haven't seen any although I've not been looking for VR stuff. Although personally I'm looking forward to this career mode even more so now after seeing Aarava's vids on it.
This career mode looks the best of the ones they've ever released. I'm genuinely so hyped for it, haven't been this excited since 2010 - and that was the first game since 2006 for me :p 

I like the fact you can choose your team mate, I like the look of the RnD stuff, the helmet and number customisation look great - it all looks really good. My only hope now is that they have made good AI, and that the difficulties are closer together (In 2012 they were 4 seconds a part :/). Oh, and that the SC is more common, I always love a SC. 

And it's less than a month away :D 

AMS97KRR said:
Platy said:

This career mode looks the best of the ones they've ever released. I'm genuinely so hyped for it, haven't been this excited since 2010 - and that was the first game since 2006 for me :p 

I like the fact you can choose your team mate, I like the look of the RnD stuff, the helmet and number customisation look great - it all looks really good. My only hope now is that they have made good AI, and that the difficulties are closer together (In 2012 they were 4 seconds a part :/). Oh, and that the SC is more common, I always love a SC. 

Well they have added an extra difficulty level this year above Legend which is called Ultimate so we'll have to see how that plays out. Although I personally won't be playing at that level I think it could be good for those that like a more hard core feel to their races. I'm like you I'm pretty hyped up for it as well can't wait to get my hands on it. It's starting to look like this could be CM best ever F1 game to date perhaps even superceding 2010 assuming they can successfully deliver on what they've promised.

TBH I liked 2012's AI in fact I like racing against the AI in that game more than any of the games so if the AI is similar to how the 2012 one is I'll be very happy. But yeah I heard there was a bit of a big split between some of the difficulty levels. But as long as they don't do a 2013 and end up just closing them up and making the easier difficulties too hard for those that like them the way they are I don't think it'll be too bad. Judging by the fact that they've added an extra difficulty setting I don't think they'll make that mistake again because to me this is what CM should have done originally add to  the gam not take away from it because if you take the easy levels too far out of people's comfort zones you lose the pick up and play accessibility of the game. One of the things I like most about CM's racing games is that they do have a good pick up and play accessibility to them.

AMS97KRR said:
Platy said:

Well they have added an extra difficulty level this year above Legend which is called Ultimate so we'll have to see how that plays out. Although I personally won't be playing at that level I think it could be good for those that like a more hard core feel to their races. I'm like you I'm pretty hyped up for it as well can't wait to get my hands on it. It's starting to look like this could be CM best ever F1 game to date perhaps even superceding 2010 assuming they can successfully deliver on what they've promised.

TBH I liked 2012's AI in fact I like racing against the AI in that game more than any of the games so if the AI is similar to how the 2012 one is I'll be very happy. But yeah I heard there was a bit of a big split between some of the difficulty levels. But as long as they don't do a 2013 and end up just closing them up and making the easier difficulties too hard for those that like them the way they are I don't think it'll be too bad. Judging by the fact that they've added an extra difficulty setting I don't think they'll make that mistake again because to me this is what CM should have done originally add to  the gam not take away from it because if you take the easy levels too far out of people's comfort zones you lose the pick up and play accessibility of the game. One of the things I like most about CM's racing games is that they do have a good pick up and play accessibility to them.

What they really need is a slider, like in project cars. That way I can pretty much choose what time the fastest car can hit and I can make it realistic to where my car is in the order. I have too many races where I'm either much faster and win or too slow and end up with a train all race. 

I liked 2012s AI, I like the realism mods AI even better though, they're so good, they actually fight for position hardcore.

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
Platy said:

What they really need is a slider, like in project cars. That way I can pretty much choose what time the fastest car can hit and I can make it realistic to where my car is in the order. I have too many races where I'm either much faster and win or too slow and end up with a train all race. 

I liked 2012s AI, I like the realism mods AI even better though, they're so good, they actually fight for position hardcore.
Yeah I agree a slider would be betterbut even though CM don't have them in their games I don't think CM do too badly with the difficulty settings though as they aer pretty evenly split I think based on my observations. What they ne3ed to do they have been doing though I think for the most part and when they have made mistakes such as the large gaps between the settings of 2012 and over aggressiveness of 2013 they have at least attempted to correct it. It's just that for 2012 going into 2013 they chose the wrong way to attempt to correct it because they should have added the extra difficulty setting then not play around with the existing settings and screwed up the easier settings which is ultimately what did happen and caused even more problems.

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
Platy said:

Yeah I agree a slider would be betterbut even though CM don't have them in their games I don't think CM do too badly with the difficulty settings though as they aer pretty evenly split I think based on my observations. What they ne3ed to do they have been doing though I think for the most part and when they have made mistakes such as the large gaps between the settings of 2012 and over aggressiveness of 2013 they have at least attempted to correct it. It's just that for 2012 going into 2013 they chose the wrong way to attempt to correct it because they should have added the extra difficulty setting then not play around with the existing settings and screwed up the easier settings which is ultimately what did happen and caused even more problems.
I've always been one of those unfortunate people that was a little off of Legend (2011 legend anyway) but too fast for the difficulty below that - with assists off anyway. A slider would be perfect or just more difficulties that are around a second a part, but that would be easier with a slider IMO. Hopefully something in 2016 suits me, I've been practising in 2012 as I've not played one of the F1 games since 2013, I'm a little rusty in terms of pace atm :p

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
Platy said:

I've always been one of those unfortunate people that was a little off of Legend (2011 legend anyway) but too fast for the difficulty below that - with assists off anyway. A slider would be perfect or just more difficulties that are around a second a part, but that would be easier with a slider IMO. Hopefully something in 2016 suits me, I've been practising in 2012 as I've not played one of the F1 games since 2013, I'm a little rusty in terms of pace atm :p

Yeah I've not done much on the F1 games until recently myself either but I've picked them up again recently as I want to get some practice in before 2016 comes out. I have got 2015 but I've only done 3 seasons on it to be fair but without a career mode with progression I've just found it a bit boring so haven't played it that much. I do like it and it is a fun racer but the game just feels a bit empty to me  without the career mode. I do have a 2015 season on the go atm where I'm racing as Max Verstappen but I'm not that far into it yet as I've only done the first 4 races or so. I've also recently started a new career on 2012 only half way through my first season on that one. I've also been continuing my career mode on 2014 that I had on the go since I bought that game but I've finally got onto my 3rd season on that one The ironic thing is though I've somehow ended up in the Torro Rosso in all 3 games atm. Still I'm enjoying it. On the older games my pace is somewhere between Amateur and Intermediate depending on the track of course I tend to be fast enough to occasionally blitz the Amateur AI but I do tend to get swamped by the Intermediate one so I know what you mean. I tend to race mostly on Amateur but every now and then if I feel in need of a bigger challenge I will stil go up to Intermediate

Only 3 seasons on 2015?

I haven't even finished 1 on it yet :D

Recently though I've taken ABS off too, so I'm running with zero aids now and it's way more fun. Only trouble is I can finish a 25% race with a 15 second lead on Legend, so hopefully Ultimate will actually be a challenge on 2016.

Only 3 seasons on 2015?

Recently though I've taken ABS off too, so I'm running with zero aids now and it's way more fun. Only trouble is I can finish a 25% race with a 15 second lead on Legend, so hopefully Ultimate will actually be a challenge on 2016.

Well it's a small amount for me as I've have done several in the past because between 2010 and 2011 coming out I did at least 3 7 year career modes I think. I can see myself wanting to do at least 2 or 3 10 year careers on 2016 though if it plays the way I think it's going too.

Only 3 seasons on 2015?

I've raced without aids for a little while now, probably since I did league racing way back in 2011. The issue for me having just jumped back into it is being consistent. Right now I am capable of setting competitive laps against pro AI (It's with a mod, so i think its expert - the one below legend without the mod) but I make too many little errors right now. I'm driving a Toro Rosso to be fair though, and its not a good car in 2012. I was quite proud of my podium (3rd) in China in changing conditions. Probably one of the best races I've ever done.

AMS97KRR said:
Only 3 seasons on 2015?

I've raced without aids for a little while now, probably since I did league racing way back in 2011. The issue for me having just jumped back into it is being consistent. Right now I am capable of setting competitive laps against pro AI (It's with a mod, so i think its expert - the one below legend without the mod) but I make too many little errors right now. I'm driving a Toro Rosso to be fair though, and its not a good car in 2012. I was quite proud of my podium (3rd) in China in changing conditions. Probably one of the best races I've ever done.
The weird thing for me was I've raced on Forza and other games without most aids for ages, but I could just never get along with the F1 games without certain aids because the games just felt wrong. Particularly F1 2013. But since F1 2014 the physics have just started feeling better and it's more like I can actually feel and see how the car reacts to my inputs and that's made it better when I've turned the aids off, and made it easier to be consistent each lap :)

I'm currently racing as Vettel on 2015's career mode, last race was Sochi, I won with a 19 second lead over Hamilton with the game set to it's hardest possible, no aids, cockpit view, legend AI, a mod that cranks up damage sensitivity, and another mod that reduces grip by 50% (I think) when you run off circuit. Problem is that every race is like that :p I don't have the motivation to league race any more so I'm super hoping the Ultimate AI really are ultimate lol.

AMS97KRR said:
Only 3 seasons on 2015?

The weird thing for me was I've raced on Forza and other games without most aids for ages, but I could just never get along with the F1 games without certain aids because the games just felt wrong. Particularly F1 2013. But since F1 2014 the physics have just started feeling better and it's more like I can actually feel and see how the car reacts to my inputs and that's made it better when I've turned the aids off, and made it easier to be consistent each lap :)

I'm currently racing as Vettel on 2015's career mode, last race was Sochi, I won with a 19 second lead over Hamilton with the game set to it's hardest possible, no aids, cockpit view, legend AI, a mod that cranks up damage sensitivity, and another mod that reduces grip by 50% (I think) when you run off circuit. Problem is that every race is like that :p I don't have the motivation to league race any more so I'm super hoping the Ultimate AI really are ultimate lol.
I mainly stopped using aids purely for the league racing I was doing at the time, I actually found the F1 games were fine without the aids compared to say Gran Turismo or Project CARs now. I always play racing games without aids now. I don't know what it is about 2012 now, it feels so unstable with a Toro Rosso - might just be the set up, don't know though. 

I hate situations like that, its absolutely no fun demolishing AI every race.  Why don't you league race? I always thought it was the best part of F1 2011 for me.

AMS97KRR said:

AMS97KRR said:
Only 3 seasons on 2015?

I mainly stopped using aids purely for the league racing I was doing at the time, I actually found the F1 games were fine without the aids compared to say Gran Turismo or Project CARs now. I always play racing games without aids now. I don't know what it is about 2012 now, it feels so unstable with a Toro Rosso - might just be the set up, don't know though. 

I hate situations like that, its absolutely no fun demolishing AI every race.  Why don't you league race? I always thought it was the best part of F1 2011 for me.
The league I was in actually wanted to ban aids for the last season I was gonna do with them, but there was still like half the guys on the grid who used auto gears so it wasn't really something that could be done without putting half the grid at a disadvantage.For me though bud, it all depends on the game. There's some that just feel awful without aids, and some that feel so so much better :)

It really isn't dude, I'm hoping ultimate are at least on or close to my pace, but I'll still race it either way :p I loved league racing for a while, but I was doing it on Xbox 360 and having to use a game capture thing which 75% of the time was fine, and 25% of the time would corrupt footage lol. I started getting into PC gaming after a while though and the guys in the league were all going for Xbox One, but I never joined a PC league because I couldn't imagine racing anybody but the guys in that league. Also I race with a pad, it's embarrassing to admit that even though I could probably beat a lot of wheel guys ;)

Also I'm lazy now lol.

League racing is easily the best form of online racing though, I'd more than happily recommend anybody who's interested to just go for it :)

AMS97KRR said:

AMS97KRR said:
Only 3 seasons on 2015?

The league I was in actually wanted to ban aids for the last season I was gonna do with them, but there was still like half the guys on the grid who used auto gears so it wasn't really something that could be done without putting half the grid at a disadvantage.For me though bud, it all depends on the game. There's some that just feel awful without aids, and some that feel so so much better :)

It really isn't dude, I'm hoping ultimate are at least on or close to my pace, but I'll still race it either way :p I loved league racing for a while, but I was doing it on Xbox 360 and having to use a game capture thing which 75% of the time was fine, and 25% of the time would corrupt footage lol. I started getting into PC gaming after a while though and the guys in the league were all going for Xbox One, but I never joined a PC league because I couldn't imagine racing anybody but the guys in that league. Also I race with a pad, it's embarrassing to admit that even though I could probably beat a lot of wheel guys ;)

Also I'm lazy now lol.

League racing is easily the best form of online racing though, I'd more than happily recommend anybody who's interested to just go for it :)
I could never use a pad, I'm absolutely useless with one now :p And yeah I'd recommend it to anyone, I might well join one for 2016 - I'll have to see though.

Dave can indeed beat wheel users cough me cough lol. Mind you I have a legit racing excuse. I think the only track I can beat him at is Suzuka. 

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:

AMS97KRR said:
Only 3 seasons on 2015?

Also I'm lazy now lol.

I could never use a pad, I'm absolutely useless with one now :p And yeah I'd recommend it to anyone, I might well join one for 2016 - I'll have to see though.
Lol, I'm one of those weirdo's who's actually faster with a pad than with a wheel :p I bought a G27 from @Hughesy a few years ago now, but my pad times are anywhere from 0.5 - 1s faster each lap :)

Don't reckon I will, too lazy at my old age of 28 ;)

Hughesy said:
I dipped my toe into the main forum section, then was like.... 

I know what you mean it is a treacherous section of forum. The Bioware site can get a bit like that sometimes as well.

Talking of using a wheel, I just messed up my knee while using mine. Years ago I had a small operation on the cartilage, but the issue just happened again. I have the brake pedal set pretty stiff, pressed it and my knee bent the wrong way, throbbing like mad now :# I really do hate my body lol. 

Hughesy said:
Dave can indeed beat wheel users cough me cough lol. Mind you I have a legit racing excuse. I think the only track I can beat him at is Suzuka. 
Maybe we'll have to put that to the test :p I've deffo improved my pace at most circuits since we last played together ;)

What circuits are all of you guys best and worst at would you say? I think for me Sepang is the circuit I feel bulletproof at, and Singapore is the one where I just wanna slam it into a barrier on purpose lol.

Hughesy said:
Maybe we'll have to put that to the test :p I've deffo improved my pace at most circuits since we last played together ;)

What circuits are all of you guys best and worst at would you say? I think for me Sepang is the circuit I feel bulletproof at, and Singapore is the one where I just wanna slam it into a barrier on purpose lol.
For me the track I find is my worst is Monaco in fact just had an awful race there just now.My second stint was OK but unfortunately the damage was already done as I had a bad quali anyway as I was only able tio get 17th had a bad start and fell right to the back and in trying to recover I got 2 5 second penalties for hitting the Manor cars and another 3 second one for corner cutting was tempted to park it right on my pitstop after that. :p  In the end I was able to beat the Manor's but  those were the only ones I beat. As for best probably Bahrain on 2015 I can pretty much thrash the AI around there. Although I'm pretty handy round Canada and Abu Dhabi as well. On the older games I'm pretty handy round Valencia but seeing as they don't race that track any more I'm not counting it. I think I'll be pretty handy around Baku on F1 2016 when it comes out though it looks like a track that suits my way of driving

God damn it, I'm such a noob at Minecraft. I found a temple/Tomb, I then found 4 chests below so dug down and boom I got blown up, I didn't know traps was a thing in this game. Really pissed as I had a load of diamonds and diamond equipment on me....... Sadly didn't know about the code to keep items after death. 

Another I didn't know until today, buy default Minecraft was only using 1GB of ram which explains why I had to press F3+A to reload chunks so often. Its changed within the launcher profile. I set it to use 4GB as that seems plenty, I can always set it to use more, but I can't imagine it'll need more than that.