The Game Thread!

Loved System Shock back in the day, so I'll probably get the remaster. 

League racing is easily the best form of online racing though, I'd more than happily recommend anybody who's interested to just go for it :)
Ah remember the good old days of VRL... can't believe that's all over, it was great fun while it lasted.

Colin McRae Rally for Android is only 10p at the moment, May as well buy it. 

So what number is everyone going to race with in their F1 2016 career?
Either 46 or 87. I'd rather have 11 but that damn Perez already has it :p

What team is everyone going for? Reckon I'm gonna start with McLaren.

yeah had the same problem as I wanted 5 but Vettel's got that so I'm going to go with 10 but then I might use different numbers on different careers to mix things up but for my first career on 2016 it'll be 10.

I'm planning on starting with Williams. I want to do a Nigel Mansell/Damon Hill and win with the Williams team. It t was either going to be Williams or McLaren but I'm going Williams because I went with McLaren on my first season on 2015 so decided to go the other way for 2016 and have Bottas as my teammate. I'm choosing Bottas purely because he's the stronger of the 2 drivers and I don't want to really be carrying the team on my own

yeah had the same problem as I wanted 5 but Vettel's got that so I'm going to go with 10 but then I might use different numbers on different careers to mix things up but for my first career on 2016 it'll be 10.

I'm planning on starting with Williams. I want to do a Nigel Mansell/Damon Hill and win with the Williams team. It t was either going to be Williams or McLaren but I'm going Williams because I went with McLaren on my first season on 2015 so decided to go the other way for 2016 and have Bottas as my teammate. I'm choosing Bottas purely because he's the stronger of the 2 drivers and I don't want to really be carrying the team on my own

Actually, mind changed, I'm gonna go with 24, the day of the month I was born. Figured one of the drivers already had it but apparently not! Stick with a number though dude :p Pick one and make it yours heh.

I had been thinking about going Williams too, but I really wanna try bringing a team from lower down back to the front. I'd have chosen Bottas too with Williams, but with McLaren I'm kinda stuck, I like both Button and Alonso and want them both as a teammate. Gonna have to flip a coin.

Hughesy said:
Colin McRae Rally for Android is only 10p at the moment, May as well buy it. 
11p more than it's worth.

Actually, mind changed, I'm gonna go with 24, the day of the month I was born. Figured one of the drivers already had it but apparently not! Stick with a number though dude :p Pick one and make it yours heh.

I had been thinking about going Williams too, but I really wanna try bringing a team from lower down back to the front. I'd have chosen Bottas too with Williams, but with McLaren I'm kinda stuck, I like both Button and Alonso and want them both as a teammate. Gonna have to flip a coin.
Yeah I like Massa too but I just felt that Bottas is the stronger driver which is why I'm going with him for my first go. It's tough to decide which one to boot out but again maybe in a future career I'll go the other way and see what I can do up against Massa and replace Bottas in the team. I know what you mean though as I was thinking of doing a bottom of the grid to the top type career myself eventually it's just not what I've got planned for my first go. Mostly because I wanted to get to grips with the basics first. I didn't want to start with Mercedes as that would I think just make things too easy I felt But I wanted a fairly decent car that was capable of being competitive which was one of the other reasons why I'm going Williams plus I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Given most of my favourite drivers have raced for them at one stage or another.

Started playing Dirt Rally again last night, they've made some big improvements since I last played. Feel like I lost a stone in weight from the workout it gave me :joy: I think the reason F1 16 is going in the direction it's going is because of the success of this game. Codemasters finally understand a sim can sell very very well. 

I'm starting with Renault - should be a challenge to win the title with them.

Also, probably going to use 82 but I haven't really made my mind up fully. Can't wait til Massa retires and 19 is free. 97 will probably be quite common so I wont be using that, maybe 66? 

Hughesy said:
Started playing Dirt Rally again last night, they've made some big improvements since I last played. Feel like I lost a stone in weight from the workout it gave me :joy: I think the reason F1 16 is going in the direction it's going is because of the success of this game. Codemasters finally understand a sim can sell very very well. 

yeah I think with Dirt Rally and Grid Autosport behind them I think CM are starting to realise what they can do when they put their minds together Started playing Grid Autosport myself again last night and just finished a street competition on it. Won it just but it was great fun as I really screwed myself up in the first half of the championship  Autosport is pretty good fun in that area as well in that it definitely feels at least a little more sim like than the previous Grids

I won Grid Autosport for PC some time ago now (You donated £20 to cancer research, and got entered to a prize draw, figured it was worth entering, even if I don't win it doesn't matter) and I was really surprised by how good it was, the AI are pretty feisty which I always like. CM have done some really solid racing games, which is why it annoys me so much when they release middling F1 titles. Thankfully 2016 is going to be incredible. 

AMS97KRR said:
I won Grid Autosport for PC some time ago now (You donated £20 to cancer research, and got entered to a prize draw, figured it was worth entering, even if I don't win it doesn't matter) and I was really surprised by how good it was, the AI are pretty feisty which I always like. CM have done some really solid racing games, which is why it annoys me so much when they release middling F1 titles. Thankfully 2016 is going to be incredible. 

yeah it sounds like they're trying to up their game on the F1 series which is something I think they need to do really especially as they didn't really touch career mode at all between 2012-14 and ditched it for last year because the rest of the game wasn't ready in time to do it. But thankfully now it sounds like their about to unleash something really incredible. I just hope they can really deliver on the promise they're making based on the preview vids the youtubers have been doing it certainly looks like they will so I'm mega hyped up for this years game. So much so it's put me in a racy mood and I'm playing all my racing games. I've mostly been playing the |F1 games and the career modes I have on the go on them but I booted up Grid Autosport last night and today and done some races and was going to do some championships on Project Cars as well. But either way it's put me in the mood and I can't wait to get F1 2016 thankfully however we only need to wait another couple of weeks or so.

Just pre-ordered F1 16 on Steam, I wish it was out this Friday. I haven't been this excited about an F1 game since F1 2010 :D

I'll probably get it when its on sale. Actually looks good but I'm now part of the VR Master Race so I'm a bit disappointed.

Good job you bought the Vive when you did, as the price has gone up a lot due to the £. 

It is, but after briefly using one that someone brought into work it's well worth it imo, wish I didn't try it as I want one even more now. Remember it's new, as it becomes used by more people and cheaper to make, it'll be cheaper for the customer. 

Hughesy said:
Just pre-ordered F1 16 on Steam, I wish it was out this Friday. I haven't been this excited about an F1 game since F1 2010 :D
I made the mistake of pre ordering it as soon as posible and it cost me 55 pounds, some one yesterday wanted help on where they should pre order it from and when I checked all of them were selling it for 49.99 only six pounds but still  :#