The Game Thread!

This is awesome, my first wet race at China, still managed to get a great start. Lap 12 I'm p1, Rosberg goes for the overtake on the back straight, I closed him off and then at the hairpin Hamilton T-boned Rosberg as I watched in my mirrors :joy:

Hughesy said:
This is awesome, my first wet race at China, still managed to get a great start. Lap 12 I'm p1, Rosberg goes for the overtake on the back straight, I closed him off and then at the hairpin Hamilton T-boned Rosberg as I watched in my mirrors :joy:

Guess they're already at it aren't they? :p  Had my first wet race in Russia last night misread the conditions and how much rain we were going to get and it ended up costing me the win but I did manage to salvage 3rd in the  end so it wasn't a complete disaster. Just about to have another one at Monaco as it's raining heavily in Monte Carlo atm. I sense a safety car or 2 happening this weekend. Especially given how I handle the wet in Monaco

• Just got my first win at China, rain, Hamilton ramming Rosberg out of the race, safety car it had it all. 

• I basically did my stops when Lewis came in to change from inters to Softs. But then the SC came out, I managed to pass Hamilton on the restart, but then a lap later he pitted and put the Hardest tyres on. I carried on with my soft tyres until lap 23, put the super softs on and managed to keep my lead  

So apparently if your tyre gets to 70% wear you get a puncture. I learnt that in Bahrain today, it would have been a really interesting race too, since the SC had just come out.  Luckily it happened on the back straight, but I lost multiple positions and then under the SC Perez was going too slowly catching up, I hit him and lost too much of my wing to stay out :L Race didn't end too well...

Game is really fun though, might be their best ever F1 game tbh.

Not true, I got to 80% before getting one. Its by far their best F1 game though, not sure which other one would come close. 

@RevolvingPrawn and I just spent 4 and a half hours  racing online. Every race was a disaster apart from the last one (for Dave anyway) false starts, crazy at, safety cars, but through it all it was awesome fun. I've already played the game 24 hours since it came out, although there's lots of times I've left the game running as I have to rest. 

Yup, and I've made it to 76% percent on a set of softs before having it blow on me.

It was a fun night! The fact that we both jumped the start at the same time was funny as hell, but the fact that the game says you have a drive through except you actually don't is kinda weird! That last race though, Brazil, and I'm able to actually catch and pass the Mercs and get the win, that was awesome! Only my second win on this game on expert difficulty, while 2015 on legend winning the race was pretty easy in any of the top teams!

Just got my key for Deus Ex, been a damn good month for gaming so far!

I was very consistent, very consistent at being  crap haha, next time we play I don't plan on being that sloppy. Here's a thought, those jump starts could've been caused by slight lag, as I've only done that online. If there's one thing I haven't lost with my crippled body it's reaction speed. Was brilliant though, at least online isn't a broken mess on PC like 15 was. 

Nice, wish I had the £££ to get it, but at least I have other games to play while I wait. 

AMS97KRR said:
So apparently if your tyre gets to 70% wear you get a puncture. I learnt that in Bahrain today, it would have been a really interesting race too, since the SC had just come out.  Luckily it happened on the back straight, but I lost multiple positions and then under the SC Perez was going too slowly catching up, I hit him and lost too much of my wing to stay out :L Race didn't end too well...

Game is really fun though, might be their best ever F1 game tbh.

yeah I agree I certainly think it's a match for 2010 and 12 anyway based on my experiences. Didn't get a chance to play yesterday because I was bedridden after a visit to the hospital Saturday evening. Not much fun I can tell you that. One disadvantage of being in a wheelchair is the fact your legs and feet are vulnerable to infections amnd I wasn't being careful enough it would seem as I've now got cellulitis in my right foot. Fortunately I think we caught it early I think so hopefully I'll be better soon. I plan to do qat least a couple of races today though as I'm being  at least partially unleashed but I stil have to keep my feet up though at times so won't get too much done

Thats not good bud, hope you heal ok. Hospital does suck, I was on traction for a week (the thing where your leg is in the air held up by a weight) worst week of my life. 

I think F1 16 wipes the floor of all the previous games. I played F1 10 a while back and it looked and felt awful, that bloody wee filter and features that never got fixed. 

Hughesy said:
Thats not good bud, hope you heal ok. Hospital does suck, I was on traction for a week (the thing where your leg is in the air held up by a weight) worst week of my life. 

I think F1 16 wipes the floor of all the previous games. I played F1 10 a while back and it looked and felt awful, that bloody wee filter and features that never got fixed. 

yeah I should be OK the meds are already kicking in and my foot's feeling a lot better just need to remember to go easy in the hot weather months. I agree with you I'd certainly say I'm finding it just as much fun as I do 2010 and 12  but I've not got round to career yet which is generally where I sink most of my time. Looking forward to doing so again in this game once I've finished my run as Massa in Chqampionship season so I suspect it'll top the previous games for me as well. Especially with all the new practice programs and that you get to do in career mode they've definitely come up with a lot of interesting ideas for 2016 to improve the experience.

Career mode is where the game shines, I love the practice objectives and there's some actual progression as you spend points on upgrades. It makes it fun staying with 1 team. 

Hughesy said:
Career mode is where the game shines, I love the practice objectives and there's some actual progression as you spend points on upgrades. It makes it fun staying with 1 team. 

yeah I know about that as I've seen all the vids and that and I'm looking forward to starting mine especially as I was planning on a 2/3 year stint with Williams (assuming they don't give me the boot of course). :p  I just hope CM ignore those asking for the AI to be patched to make them more aggressive as personally I think the AI are fine. I've never liked aggressive AI in F1 games and given F1 is supposed to be a non contact sport Aggression should be a bit moer minimised. 2012's AI was perfect and in my opinion 2016's AI is pretty close. I've been hit up the back a couple of times but so far that's as bad as it's got.I don't mind the AI being a little more aggressive in games like Grid because that's supposed to be more bumper to bumper type action but in F1 tbh it's a big no no. CM went OTT with F1 2013's AI and for me that was for me CM's biggest mistake since they had the license I just don't want them repeating it.

Wish i could afford it, but going to wait until it goes on sale i think.

Blew all my money whilst on holiday but that just buys me time to decide if I want to get it or not. So far, I'm seeing a lot of positivity. Career, which is pretty much all I'd play, looks great. Bugs are at an all time low too judging by the comments I'm seeing. 

If I had the money now, I'd be getting it!

Hughesy said:
Wish I could afford Vive  :p                 
Maybe I shouldn't have bought the Vive xD

EUfkdup said:
Blew all my money whilst on holiday but that just buys me time to decide if I want to get it or not. So far, I'm seeing a lot of positivity. Career, which is pretty much all I'd play, looks great. Bugs are at an all time low too judging by the comments I'm seeing. 

If I had the money now, I'd be getting it!

yeah it is a very good game highly recommended I'd say I've not got round to touching career yet but I've enjoyed the quick races and championship season I'm doing on it so far. I do plan on doing a career mode it's just going to take slightly longer to get around to it than I initially thought because of my problems I've got atm.

Right, I was able to play F1 2016. Still not sure whether to purchase it for myself or not.

The handling is excellent, but I knew that. Input with the PS4 controller seems iffy however. Not entirely sure why. Seems awfully difficult to take tight corners like in Monaco.

AI has some problems. They're still very reluctant to get out of your way if you're on a fast lap, same for backmarkers. Sometimes they also try to get out of your way, but instead drive right in your way. Simply because they try to get away from the racing line, but not from your car. Which means, if you're approaching them off-racing line, you're going to have a bad time. M'kay?

That effing bug where the AI sets completely  unrealistic lap times is *still* in the game. And I very much dislike this. Like, why?

Safety car - oh, boy.
I'm glad it's back. But, oh my god, can it lead to problems. The field never seems to properly bunch up. And it never seems to get triggered when really needed. Car parked in a dangerous location? So be it. Someone knocks their front wing off? Safety car deployed!
Never saw the VSC.

Little graphical glitches in Australia. Looks like artifacts. Again, why?

The practice program is awesome. So is the sound of the cars. I do have to say one thing, though. I hardly ever hit the optimal qualifying time in practice, but I had no problem hitting it in qualifying itself. Bit weird.

Just some impressions from playing it for 4 hours. And like I said, still unsure about it.

Never had the issue you describe with the safety car and I've had it come out 3 or 4 times. Before you reach the safety car there's a delta time you have to stick to, which means it takes longer to bunch it, again this is a new rule so the same thing happens in real life. 

When did you do the qualifying sim?  I normally do it at the end of p2 or late in P3, I have no trouble hitting it. 

True, but this was after 4 laps in Russia. The safety car was out for 6 laps, and somehow the field still didn't bunch up entirely. Something similiar occured in Monaco after 15 laps.

Late P2. Didn't try it in P3. Could be the reason though, I have to admit.

Also, eff the castle chicane in Baku. Took me way too long not to crash there.

Hughesy said:
Never had the issue you describe with the safety car and I've had it come out 3 or 4 times. Before you reach the safety car there's a delta time you have to stick to, which means it takes longer to bunch it, again this is a new rule so the same thing happens in real life. 

When did you do the qualifying sim?  I normally do it at the end of p2 or late in P3, I have no trouble hitting it. 

Agreed I've not had any of these issues either

Right, I was able to play F1 2016. Still not sure whether to purchase it for myself or not.

The handling is excellent, but I knew that. Input with the PS4 controller seems iffy however. Not entirely sure why. Seems awfully difficult to take tight corners like in Monaco.

AI has some problems. They're still very reluctant to get out of your way if you're on a fast lap, same for backmarkers. Sometimes they also try to get out of your way, but instead drive right in your way. Simply because they try to get away from the racing line, but not from your car. Which means, if you're approaching them off-racing line, you're going to have a bad time. M'kay?

That effing bug where the AI sets completely  unrealistic lap times is *still* in the game. And I very much dislike this. Like, why?

Safety car - oh, boy.
I'm glad it's back. But, oh my god, can it lead to problems. The field never seems to properly bunch up. And it never seems to get triggered when really needed. Car parked in a dangerous location? So be it. Someone knocks their front wing off? Safety car deployed!
Never saw the VSC.

Little graphical glitches in Australia. Looks like artifacts. Again, why?

The practice program is awesome. So is the sound of the cars. I do have to say one thing, though. I hardly ever hit the optimal qualifying time in practice, but I had no problem hitting it in qualifying itself. Bit weird.

Just some impressions from playing it for 4 hours. And like I said, still unsure about it.

It's the other way round for me with an X1 controller on PC, tight corners are ok, but on the high speed corners the rear slides and the only way to stop it is to set the weight distribution almost all the way to the front.

Had the same problem with the AI. Setting a quali lap at Bahrain, Sainz is dawdling on the racing line on the run to T4, so I move to the middle of the track to pass him before the corner, he pulls straight into my path with no time for me to avoid him. I've also had AI just sitting on a corners apex while I'm qualifying, or while I'm trying to pass a practice challenge which has then been ruined.

And also agreed on the lap times being unrealistic. I've set what felt like a crazy fast lap, then on the in-pit monitor watched my AI teammate going into and out of corners slower than I was and lifting in places I didn't, yet they still go faster...

I had trouble hitting the practice quali run challenge in Australia, but at Bahrain nailed it easily. I'm not amazing at Australia, but I love Bahrain so I kinda put it down to that.

Everything else though hasn't been a problem, no safety car or graphics glitches for me. The biggest issue I have is the slidey rear end using the controller.

I agree with first bit, but not about the weather effects. Mind you getting a game like this to run at 60fps on consoles means things have to be dialed back, on PC though it's gorgeous and has never looked better.