The Game Thread!

I've seen the game on the highest settings on PC in the rain. The spray is still crap. But I guess that must be the YouTube compression ;)
It isn't compression :p

It's better than 2015 where your car was the only one that had spray, but in 2016 the AI cars have less than half the amount of spray the player car does. It still looks fairly good, but not amazing.

Huh, played for another one and a half hours.

I played on 6 different circuits, had no trouble to perfect the track acclimatisation every time. Until I raced on Malaysia. Like, I have no idea what kind of speeds the game expects me to pass here O_o

10 attempts and I couldn't go purple at every single gate. Weird.

It's been one of my strongest tracks in every single game so far.

Then again, I'm nowhere near the pace in China. Like it has been in every single game so far. So yeah, the game seems to be fine then, maybe I need to mess around with the setup.

Oh, and one more thing, Codemasters. Why the flying F is there a 50% chance to get stuck behind an AI car if you go for the flying lap option? This has been bugging me since F1 2010.

So, instead of getting some sleep, I played some Mankind Divided.

Worth it.

But I do need roughly 5 litres of coffee to get through the day now.
I slept :p

The game is a buggy unoptimised mess I think. And the story doesn't really seem to have any clear direction. I'm running it on SLI 980's and it jumps wildly from 70fps to 30fps and back again, also has quite a lot of microstutter, and no AA that actually works properly. The game just doesn't look particularly great for how badly it's running.

It annoys the hell out of me that a game like Doom can come out, look utterly incredible with every setting completely maxed out, perform exceptionally with no stuttering or hitching, average 80fps, and only use 1 of my 980's while doing it.

Even No Man's Sky performs better with 1 GPU than Deus Ex does with 2.

Stupid Codemasters, game was PERFECT, then they release a patch which causes replays and flashbacks to lag. GPU usage drops to like 10% and fps goes down to like 4fps :joy: 

Edit: No wait it gets better, this is hilarious Codermasters

Hughesy said:
Stupid Codemasters, game was PERFECT, then they release a patch which causes replays and flashbacks to lag. GPU usage drops to like 10% and fps goes down to like 4fps :joy: 

Edit: No wait it gets better, this is hilarious Codermasters

yeah saw that myself earlier on the main forum  haven't started my career mode yet likely will tomorrow as I've only got 2 races of my Championship Season to run. Then it's just a case of setting myself up with my avatar and stuff. I know what kind of helmet and number I want it's just which avatar to pick.

my those practice programs are challenging even on Easy. Admittedly Australia is one of my weaker tracks but I have to admit I expected to do better than I did. Still I'll keep trying I need these points

I find them pretty easy even on legend  B) Australia was the only tricky one, but that was because I'd only just started playing when I started my career. 

Hughesy said:
I find them pretty easy even on legend  B) Australia was the only tricky one, but that was because I'd only just started playing when I started my career. 

yeah Australia isn't one of my strongest tracks though whereas the next race Bahrain is so I'm hoping to pull in a good haul of points there.I didn't expect to in Aus but I thought I'd be doing slightly better than I am I did all right in the quali pace test as in fact I exceeded the teams target in that one so there's hope for me yet but then it might be the fact I'm still new to it and it might be the car to a point as well. But it's all right though I'm enjoying the challenge because I think with enough practice I will be able to nail it. It's just going to take time. In fact I did set the fastest lap in FP2 in Australia so it's not a total loss. But then like you it might be because being a new career and settling in I'm not quite up to speed yet. But as long as I'm meeting my teams general objectives which atm I think I am I'll be relatively happy.

Edit managed to win in Aus in he end so never mattered much. got 2 nice upgrades on the car now too so hopefully things are looking up.

So here's a micro review of Deus Ex Mankind Divided. It runs like complete shite on PC. Even with SLI 980's, at the 'high' preset in most areas it won't go above 50fps, plus it stutters pretty much non-stop. There's still 'Very High' and 'Ultimate' above, but unless your PC is at the point it's so advanced that it hasn't been invented yet then those settings are pointless. The crazy thing is the graphics are pretty poor anyway. The latest Doom game fully maxed out on only 1x 980 run flawlessly, and as a comparison, Doom was a Van Gogh, and Deus Ex is a middle school art students homework.

Tie that with dreadful character animations, a story that isn't really much of a story, weird controls, glitchy menu's if you use a controller, and bad voice acting... I'd have refunded this if I'd bought it directly rhrough Steam.

No matter how bad it is, it'll never be as bad as Saints Row 2 was and still is, it will go down in history as being the worst port ever. To get it to even play without the game going crazy, you had to match CPU clock speed to the same as the Xbox 360 and also disable a core. But even then you couldn't play as it froze every few seconds. Even today with my specs I couldn't get it to run smoothly, modders made it slightly better but Yea, if steam refunds were a thing back then  every single person would've got one. 

I suck at Baku. On Legend difficulty I'm at the back, normally I'm top 5. Its so annoying, I love the track,  I feel like I know it well now and feel like I'm pushing, only to be miles slower than I should be going. No matter what I change my setup to it doesn't help, the car feels good yet I'm 2 seconds slower than Button. 

Hughesy said:
I suck at Baku. On Legend difficulty I'm at the back, normally I'm top 5. Its so annoying, I love the track,  I feel like I know it well now and feel like I'm pushing, only to be miles slower than I should be going. No matter what I change my setup to it doesn't help, the car feels good yet I'm 2 seconds slower than Button. 

I'm not bad at Baku but I have to admit I find it more challenging than I thought it might be but I have to admit I enjoy racing it though.

One thing that annoys me about Codemasters and this game is not allowing me dedicated buttons for diff and brake balance. Why do I have to click through menus?  My T500rs F1 wheel has loads of buttons, even one that says diff, yet I can't use it. Shouldn't have to scroll through menus, even GT5 prologue had this option. For a controller it makes sense, but using a wheel like this it doesn't. 

So I just weighed myself,  since F1 16 came out I have lost 4 lbs, all from using my wheel, and people say gaming is bad for you. Its the only type of exercise I can do without hurting myself too much. 

Hughesy said:
So I just weighed myself,  since F1 16 came out I have lost 4 lbs, all from using my wheel, and people say gaming is bad for you. Its the only type of exercise I can do without hurting myself too much. 

Same with me really lately. Just got my first everrac win at Baku so hopefully it's the first of many. Rosberg did push me all the way though so it was quite the challenge.

I've decided that the best game I've bought this year is Tabletop Simulator. Had so much fun with it the past couple of weeks with friends I can't think of any other games that have come close tbh.

I've gotten big into board games this year, play a couple of times a week with my brother and friends, so being able to continue this hobby at home with friends around the world has been great. The DLC games are amazing quality, and the Steam Workshop is full of high quality versions of board games that I've wanted to play but not wanted to buy.

Once the weather is cooler I'll have to try out the Vive support.

Platy said:
I've decided that the best game I've bought this year is Tabletop Simulator. Had so much fun with it the past couple of weeks with friends I can't think of any other games that have come close tbh.

I've gotten big into board games this year, play a couple of times a week with my brother and friends, so being able to continue this hobby at home with friends around the world has been great. The DLC games are amazing quality, and the Steam Workshop is full of high quality versions of board games that I've wanted to play but not wanted to buy.

Once the weather is cooler I'll have to try out the Vive support.

Yeah same with me in a sense with RPG games as I've been playing a lot of RPG games in the past couple of years or so. In fact was planning on giving the Witcher series a proper go eventually but will likely wait until my foot is better and I can play without distractions before doing so though. Because I know that with RPG's and if I get distracted I'll forget where I'm at and I find that never a good thing when playing an RPG. My foot is better than it was but still isn't healed yet and I need to see the doc again I think to get more medication for it.