The Game Thread!

No work until Monday :D  time to play F1 for hours and hours even though my body is screaming no more. Already I have nearly played 16 longer than 15, pretty much  every race has been exciting. 

Hughesy said:
No work until Monday :D  time to play F1 for hours and hours even though my body is screaming no more. Already I have nearly played 16 longer than 15, pretty much  every race has been exciting. 

Indeed that's what I would like to do as well but my foot problems have prevented that so far but it is on the mend so it shouldn't be too much longer maybe another day or 2 as the meds I've been taking are really doing their job now.

Yea my bro and I have been ranting about this. We were like this looks awesome, then I found out it was £15 and not a free mod like the other maps and modes they added. Worse still it downloads 8GB weather you buy the DLC or not, when you only have SSD's like me thats not cool. 

I'm pretty sure it was going to be free, but after they got sued for 40 million they wanted to make some back. I'm all for paid DLC, but not before the main game is even finished. It looks awesome, but I refuse to pay when they  explicitly said no paid DLC before the game is finished. I have 900 hours put into the game, but this has royally pissed me off. 

EDIT:

Steams early access rules State:   4. Monetization: No additional paid content to be offered during the Early Access period, unless the game is Free To Play. If additional paid content not included in the base game price will be offered at some point, plans are to be disclosed at Early Access launch

What do you guys think of the Battlefield 1 beta? I think it's decent, feels as you'd expect for a Battlefield game. I don't like that the basic guns are automatic though, sort of breaks the WW1 feeling for me. Really they should be higher level weapons. Hope we can customise the look of our soldier too.  

Not a huge fan of the map in the beta either, but that's really not a massive issue. They should have included another map with France vs Germany or something.

I thought it was terrible, deleted it pretty quickly after playing a few games. Feels like BF4 (which I hated) but with a poorly done WWI skin on it. It's not a WWI game, it feels so much more like a WWII game that I wonder if DICE got mixed up on what war was what.

The map in the beta was absolute trash. DICE seem to have forgotten how to make maps. The gunplay was pretty meh. Using an "SMG" feels just like using one in BF4. Hit detection was bad again, snipers completely dominate so everyone hides in the mountains making gameplay boring. The automatics are pretty much the DMR's which I hated in BF4.

It looks good and the sound for the most part is good (other than the trash voiceover that doesn't fit the theme at all), but that's not enough for me any more. I'm done with Battlefield as a franchise, 3 disappointments in a row does that (4 if you include Battlefront). 

It was obviously going to be the same as BF4, same engine and team. All they have to do is change the look and job done, little effort with a solid base= profit. COD has been doing this very successfully for years. 

Platy said:
I thought it was terrible, deleted it pretty quickly after playing a few games. Feels like BF4 (which I hated) but with a poorly done WWI skin on it. It's not a WWI game, it feels so much more like a WWII game that I wonder if DICE got mixed up on what war was what.

The map in the beta was absolute trash. DICE seem to have forgotten how to make maps. The gunplay was pretty meh. Using an "SMG" feels just like using one in BF4. Hit detection was bad again, snipers completely dominate so everyone hides in the mountains making gameplay boring. The automatics are pretty much the DMR's which I hated in BF4.

It looks good and the sound for the most part is good (other than the trash voiceover that doesn't fit the theme at all), but that's not enough for me any more. I'm done with Battlefield as a franchise, 3 disappointments in a row does that (4 if you include Battlefront). 
I do agree that it's not much of a WW1 game, Verdun is far better at being a realistic WW1 game. But I do appreciate the new setting nonetheless. 

I thought the voice over was bad too, I turned it off. Cool that they used the WW1 British Naval phonetic alphabet, but it is strange that they go to such lengths to make that realistic and then give everyone automatic weapons. 

Shame that they've picked WW1 and sort of half arsed it. It's a decent game but they should have gone all in with WW1 like Verdun did.

Hughesy said:
It was obviously going to be the same as BF4, same engine and team. All they have to do is change the look and job done, little effort with a solid base= profit. COD has been doing this very successfully for years. 

yeah I'm not really that fired up by Battlefield. I'm tempted by the new Titanfall 2 game given it has a single player campaign this time But aside from the new Fifa with this Journey story thing they've put in and the new Mass Effect that's about all I'm interested in atm.

Ive got to buy a few things, FIFA, MW Remastered and Civilization VI. I'll probably get BF1 at Christmas on offer or something. 

Second half of the year is always expensive :(

I really want MWR, but it's £70. I suppose you get a free copy of Infinite Warfare with it, but it's a lot of money.

AMS97KRR said:
Ive got to buy a few things, FIFA, MW Remastered and Civilization VI. I'll probably get BF1 at Christmas on offer or something. 

Second half of the year is always expensive :(
It is if you're into games yeah

So I just got disqualified from Russia on career mode for apparently not using 2 tyre compounds, despite going from softs to super softs. Most of the AI went super soft to softs, none of them were disqualified, and even my team mate ran the same strategy I did and wasn't disqualified. Wtf is this bullshit?

So I just got disqualified from Russia on career mode for apparently not using 2 tyre compounds, despite going from softs to super softs. Most of the AI went super soft to softs, none of them were disqualified, and even my team mate ran the same strategy I did and wasn't disqualified. **** is this bullshit?

yeah I've heard that been a couple of complaints about that on the forum hasn't happened to me though but then generally I've gone with one of the 2 main strategies modified them a little by changing the lap I want to pit  but other than that I've left them alone maybe there's a bug where if you change one of the compounds it might DQ you but I'm not 100% sure

I'm pretty sure it's actually a bug. The rules state 

There is a free choice because while Pirelli is selecting two sets of tyres for a race, there are still another 10 available for a team/driver to go as aggressive or as conservative as they wish.

Even if Pirelli nominates two different compounds for its mandatory race sets, teams still have a completely free choice from the three nominated compounds for their other tyres.

• The two mandatory sets nominated by Pirelli cannot be given back during practice and must be available for usein the race. At least one of these two sets must be used during the race - but the teams can decide which one.

Hughesy said:
I'm pretty sure it's actually a bug. The rules state 

There is a free choice because while Pirelli is selecting two sets of tyres for a race, there are still another 10 available for a team/driver to go as aggressive or as conservative as they wish.

Even if Pirelli nominates two different compounds for its mandatory race sets, teams still have a completely free choice from the three nominated compounds for their other tyres.

• The two mandatory sets nominated by Pirelli cannot be given back during practice and must be available for usein the race. At least one of these two sets must be used during the race - but the teams can decide which one.

yeah as I said I think it's a bug as well

Hooold your horses!

Unless I'm missing something, when you're ceasing development it is not possible to apply upgrades inbetween seasons in F1 2016?
How does that even make sense? That's the time most upgrades are applied to any car. And it also seems a bit weird to arrive with last year's car at Australia, only for it to become a rocket shop at Bahrain.

I'm still on the fence about this year's game, but it's details like this that definitely put me off.

All that does is save the points for next season. If you want to keep adding then don't cease, makes perfect sense to me, there's isn't an off season as that would be pointless imo. 

Hughesy said:
All that does is save the points for next season. If you want to keep adding then don't cease, makes perfect sense to me, there's isn't an off season as that would be pointless imo. 
You don't think it's weird to have a dog of a car at the first race, but a flipping Merc at the second?

It looks like an oversight to me, but what the hell do I know?

Dog of a car? Your car carries over from the previous season, if you stopped development then that's your fault  ;) The only complaint I have is its too easy to develop a rubbish car. I think when you select an upgrade they should sometimes fail, that would make it more fun. My McLaren became  the second fastest car way too quick. If you could develop in the off season (which the game doesn't even have)  that would make the game even easier. 

My point stands. development may cease for the remainder of the season, but not in the winter break. It makes no sense not to be able to apply upgrades to your car in between two seasons. I mean, what is the logic behind it?

"Hey guys, we cease R&D to be able to put it all in the new car!"
"Great! Can't wait for Australia!"
"Yeeeah, about that..."