The Game Thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzKjVkOpHc Damn you Bioware now you have me even more hyped can't wait for next year. Bring on ME Andromeda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzKjVkOpHc Damn you Bioware now you have me even more hyped can't wait for next year. Bring on ME Andromeda
A poor mans No Mans Sky

wooly51 said:
A poor mans No Mans Sky

not to me it's not it's far better than no man's sky

wooly51 said:
A poor mans No Mans Sky

I was kidding :P. I've never played No Man's Sky, however I do like the look of it. I can't justify buying it though with the lack of free time I currently have.

I do like claiming it's the game of the year though, because sometimes people actually implode.

wooly51 said:
wooly51 said:
A poor mans No Mans Sky

I was kidding :P. I've never played No Man's Sky, however I do like the look of it. I can't justify buying it though with the lack of free time I currently have.

I do like claiming it's the game of the year though, because sometimes people actually implode.

I've not played No man's sky either  but I think no man's sky is the poor one because I heard all you do is fly around the galaxy and that there is no real story to it. ME on the other hand not only has galactic exploration but has a story with great characters as well and stories with good characters have always been part of Bioware's trademark. Given how much I enjoy the original trilogy (in fact I still play it) I'm just looking forward to seeing this game unleash now. Plus based on what I've seen so far in the trailers and such so far it looks like they've learnt from the mistakes made with DAI.

I take it you like what they've shown us @Wynterdust

Honestly I've not seen a lot of it yet. Since the Bioware forums are closing I stopped checking on there. I think I'm going to avoid looking at anything for it though. I know I'm going to like it since it's Mass Effect and it's Bioware and I've never been let down. Less I see the less I'll get spoiled I think. I made that mistake with Inquisition and nothing was a surprise to me in that game really. (except the plot twists of course).
That being said I've not looked at No Man's Sky either since I don't have a PS4 :D It sounds interesting though and if the FF7 remake turns out to be PS4 exclusive then I might have to get a PS4 as well...

Honestly I've not seen a lot of it yet. Since the Bioware forums are closing I stopped checking on there. I think I'm going to avoid looking at anything for it though. I know I'm going to like it since it's Mass Effect and it's Bioware and I've never been let down. Less I see the less I'll get spoiled I think. I made that mistake with Inquisition and nothing was a surprise to me in that game really. (except the plot twists of course).
That being said I've not looked at No Man's Sky either since I don't have a PS4 :D It sounds interesting though and if the FF7 remake turns out to be PS4 exclusive then I might have to get a PS4 as well...

yeah the Bioware Forums are shut down now but I'm trying to still keep tabs on the game as I want to know when the release date is. I know the window is Q1 2017 so it's understandable why they're starting to promote it now. They've also said the game's pretty much finished all they're doing is polishing it and making sure everything does as it should. The only thing they've not done yet is give us a date. They have said in that vid that there will be more info incoming on N7 day so maybe they'll lock it down then. Either way I'm looking forward to it. Bioware haven't let me down either they know how to make a good game it's probably why I tend to play their games as much as I do. Also that footage is pre Alpha so it's by no means how the final version will look but I've got to admit it's looking pretty impressive already.

Just got a 1-2 in Bahrain with me winning and Bottas in second looking good for Willliams atm at the start of season 2 on 2016. Had a bad race in Australia but Bottas got some good points there. Hopefully we can take the Constructors title as well this season.

Yea I think it looks really slick, it's actually better than Steam imo. Obviously it's behind on functionality, but compared to when Origin first became a thing it's made big improvements. They still feel they can charge console prices which is hilarious, I can get Fifa £10 cheaper buying it from GMG. 

All this major soft- and hardware releases and all I'm looking forward to is this: https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

Still hoping the SNES gets a similar treatment. Though 30 games won't be enough in case of a SNES mini.

I had fun in the beta. Loved the open world driving but not enough to buy it. I think i remember they done a fair bit of work to improve it too. Be fun to try again.

I already have it. The map is huge but it's the biggest grind in history. I played loads and still only have the car I started with, so I couldn't be bothered to play more. 

Installed a shader to Minecraft, it's killed performance but man does it make the game look a lot nicer

God damn I want Forza-horizon 3 so much, no money at the moment. It's my birthday a week Monday, so if anyone want to buy it for me then that would be great  o:)

Edit: My uncle gave me £50 for my birthday, so I just bought it for PC :D

Thoughts after EGX...

GT Sport was much better than I thought it would be, still won't be getting it though unless it's cheap.
FH3 really disappointed me, won't be getting that unless it ever is free.
BF1 is still boring.
Gears of War 4 looks good, but not interested.
Mafia 3 actually looks really good and may have to get that.
Tekken whatevernumber is the same as the others, fun in small doses.
FIFA 17 looks good but I'm not buying it as I won't play it enough. Same with PES17.
Destiny is still a thing?
There's a lot of really average indie games.
Surprised there wasn't more VR stuff.
Infinite Warfare is a an utter load of shit, like I could crap into my PS4 drive and produce a more fun game play experience.

CoD:MWR however... so good. Literally an HD version of CoD4, nothing more, and it plays exactly like I remember. Pre-ordering it as soon as I get a chance. So good.

Also Birmingham is crap.

Edit: Forgot to add, pro CS:GO players are insane. Stopped by to watch a few rounds of the semi-final, it's unreal what they do.

Uhh what?  Why would FH3 ever be free?  I've probably spent over a thousand hours playing the first 2 so I cannot wait.

Hughesy said:
Uhh what?  Why would FH3 ever be free?  I've probably spent over a thousand hours playing the first 2 so I cannot wait.
Knew you'd disagree, just my opinion no need to get defensive about it. We're allow to disagree about things ;)

I know it's never going to be free, just saying that's the only reason I'd play it.