The Game Thread!

Thinking about buying Elite Dangerous. It's a game I've been looking at for a while (like Star Citizen) but never got around to buying. SC is a long way off being finished so I'm waiting until it is. ED is only £19 which seems cheap, I'm currently watching some YouTube videos before buying.

Well the next game I'm looking forward too is Titanfall 2 given it has a single player campaign this time. Other than that I'm just killing time waiting for ME Andromeda to drop

After much should I shouldn't I,  I bought Elite Dangerous. Not sure why I took so long to decide as I can get a refund on Steam anyway within 2 hours. Obviously with a game like this 2 hours isn't much for me to make my mind up, pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it anyway.

Edit: Played it for 3 hours and absolutely love it, don't know why I waited so long to play it. I'm only using a controller and flying feels great, but I think I might buy some flight sticks to immerse myself even more.

Not again......  :(I hope R are trolling, they did such a great job with GTA on PC which turned out to be the best version ( I had it on PS3, X1 and PC lol.)

http://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2-release-date-set-but-no-pc-confirmation-for-the-time-being/

On a separate note, I'm totally hooked on Elite Dangerous. I just wish I had VR as it would be perfect. I'm actually thinking I might not buy a new monitor that has G-Sync now and just get Vive.

This story, sharing VR can give you herpes. My response was a stroke of genius, 24 people seemed to like it.

Vvv
So not only do I look stupid wearing a VR headset, I now have to put a condom over my head first.

Yea...

http://www.pcgamer.com/sharing-a-vr-headset-might-give-you-real-life-eye-herpes/

Playing Dishonored again in prep for the 2nd game, I forgot how amazing the game is. Plus I'm playing with a graphics mod and also at a resolution higher than 4K and it looks amazing :D

Have to admit seeing the new trailers and new info about ME Andromeda that was released yesterday the more I can't wait. Just a shame that it's still at least 5 months away. But it is up for preorder on Origin. Might cancel my order with Amazon and go for the Deluxe edition version of the game given that'll have some extra single player bits and pieces on it.

I vowed not to buy any more games until I finished MGS5, but damn the game has got a serious amount of content in it! 

Been looking at picking up one of the latest FPS releases. Was considering CoD, but I'd basically be buying it for the MW1 remaster, so I think I'm going to opt for Titanfall 2 (once it drops in price a bit). Still need to pick up Unchartered 4 as well!

tbtstt said:
I vowed not to buy any more games until I finished MGS5, but damn the game has got a serious amount of content in it! 

Been looking at picking up one of the latest FPS releases. Was considering CoD, but I'd basically be buying it for the MW1 remaster, so I think I'm going to opt for Titanfall 2 (once it drops in price a bit). Still need to pick up Unchartered 4 as well!

yeah got round to finally playing Titanfall 2 today only done the tutorial level on the single player but so far I'm enjoying it. I've only bought it for the single player but I'm really enjoying it so far looking forward to blowing things up with BT though

just had my first run in BT it's fun controlling him. They've certainly made an interesting story and game in Titanfall 2

Tried out the Steep beta tonight (on PS4), almost died of laughter within minutes:

https://twitter.com/MySynpai/status/796872605148082176

tbtstt said:

yeah got round to finally playing Titanfall 2 today only done the tutorial level on the single player but so far I'm enjoying it. I've only bought it for the single player but I'm really enjoying it so far looking forward to blowing things up with BT though

just had my first run in BT it's fun controlling him. They've certainly made an interesting story and game in Titanfall 2

I played the first Titanfall on a friends XB1 and loved it. Of all the XB1 exclusives, its the only one that I really missed on PS4, so I'm really pleased that TF2 has been released on both consoles! 

I liked how balanced the multiplayer was with the first game: I jumped straight in and, despite having never played it before, didn't get absolutely hammered. I normally expect to get thrashed as everyone knows the maps and I don't!

The lack of single player was rather off putting, but I see they have rectified that with TF2, so another reason to make a purchase. 

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

I played the first Titanfall on a friends XB1 and loved it. Of all the XB1 exclusives, its the only one that I really missed on PS4, so I'm really pleased that TF2 has been released on both consoles! 

I liked how balanced the multiplayer was with the first game: I jumped straight in and, despite having never played it before, didn't get absolutely hammered. I normally expect to get thrashed as everyone knows the maps and I don't!

The lack of single player was rather off putting, but I see they have rectified that with TF2, so another reason to make a purchase. 
yeah that's why I purchased TF2. I thought TF1 looked good but I don't really do multiplayer so left TF1 alone but TF2 is great the wall running I'm finding a bit tricky but with practice I'm slowly getting there.

I'm so hooked playing Dishonored 2, one of my favourite games ever. Also why do they release so many games at this time of year?  Im trying to save for Christmas but I also want to buy Planet Coaster and Motorsport Manager.

Edit: Well I just bought Planet Coaster, couldn't resist any longer.

Wow I love Planet Coaster, brings me back to when I was young. I'd go to a theme park and then come home and build one on Roller Coaster Tycoon :D The creative tools in this game are so deep, it's amazing.

I think it would be tricky to have it on PS4 due to the controls. It would be a nightmare building coasters with a controller, but it would be good if they could find a way as it's awesome. I use my Steam controller, but it's setup like a mouse and keyboard with all the keys I need.

I'm having so much fun in Planet Coaster, they just added a bunch of stuff as well. My current park so far has two themes, one is black & yellow/Batman, the other is a forest theme which is the current section I'm build. Because I have more money now I can do whatever I want, which I couldn't when building the other section.

My first Roller-coaster build complete with flamethrower trigger points that go off as you go past. There is going to be tunnel added to it and some other bits before I upload to Steam workshop, enjoy

https://youtu.be/hJvnljWRDFk

Trust my bro to out do me, for all you Star Wars freaks out there
https://youtu.be/YL_vBsCCa5w

Operator1 said:

Steam Autumn Sale starts today & ends Nov. 29. Lots of discounts on lots of games. Remember to also check for sales on DLC for games you already own.

Problem is there's no games I really want atm the next game I have on my shopping list is ME Andromeda and that's not likely out until March.

Operator1 said:

Steam Autumn Sale starts today & ends Nov. 29. Lots of discounts on lots of games. Remember to also check for sales on DLC for games you already own.

Problem is there's no games I really want atm the next game I have on my shopping list is ME Andromeda and that's not likely out until March.
Yep same here i haven't seen any games i want from the sale.

Operator1 said:

Yeah there are 1 or 2 that aer tempting that came out over the summer but I'm kind of thinking if I do decide to get them I might get Mum  to buy me them for Christmas or something because I'm not in any great hurry to play them anyway even if I should decide to get them.

Operator1 said:

Yeah there are 1 or 2 that aer tempting that came out over the summer but I'm kind of thinking if I do decide to get them I might get Mum  to buy me them for Christmas or something because I'm not in any great hurry to play them anyway even if I should decide to get them.
I ended up getting Portal 2 for a few dollars.