The Game Thread!

100% of the discounted games & DLC I bought are fun for me.  :)

...Though, there is indeed a lot of crapware on Steam too.

Oh ffs Donald Trump has invaded my game and guess what he built? Yep a wall, then he had the cheek to try and get me to pay for it

"...It's such a terrific wall. Everybody says it's a terrific wall. It's the best wall anybody has ever seen. Believe me, you're going to love this wall..."

So, Nintendo Switch, eh?

Yeah, I'm not convinced. Only Zelda really took my interest. Can't be bothered with the rest, can't be bothered with the hardware, can't be bothered with the price.
Same procedure as with the Wii and the Wii U. Sure, there might be some decent or even great games, but do I want to buy an entire system just for 3-4 great games? Surely not.

Also, again with Skyrim? The worst Elder Scrolls title is supposed to convince me to buy your console?

And don't even get me started on the effing paid online service, or the ridiculously overpriced accessories.

Sorry, it's not my job to hype the product of someone else, especially not the product of a company that doesn't even know how to spell third party support ;)

(But seriously, $70 for one pro controller?!)

Oh yeah, I had this video lying about from the first proper 100% career mode race I did in F1 2016.
Thanks to some incidents I was in the last point scoring position, I weathered a feisty Kvyat, almost got spun out by Perez, and then got taken out by a honey badger 2(!) laps before the end. I'm amazed I didn't threw the controller straight into my monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbEBrXXJIEA

The only thing I feel is wrong with the Switch is the current listed price of games, £60 :o If that isn't a placeholder price that alone would be enough to kill the console.

I never buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party, much rather use my PC which is why my Xbox and PS4 haven't been used for well over a year. None of the exclusives have enticed me to use them, so I can totally understand not wanting the Switch if the games don't interest you. Buying both Xbox and PS4 was a big regret of mine.

Hughesy said:
The only thing I feel is wrong with the Switch is the current listed price of games, £60 :o If that isn't a placeholder price that alone would be enough to kill the console.

I never buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party, much rather use my PC which is why my Xbox and PS4 haven't been used for well over a year. None of the exclusives have enticed me to use them, so I can totally understand not wanting the Switch if the games don't interest you. Buying both Xbox and PS4 was a big regret of mine.

Yeah I don't tend to use my consoles that much either it's generally easier to play on PC because I can adapt the games on there to compensate best for my disability. I tend to only use my consoles if my PC goes down for some reason an needs reprogramming like it gets a virus or something and needs reformatting then I might boot my console up and give it a play while I wait for Windows to reinstall  or something. Thankfully my PC is behaving itself atm though got enough problems elsewhere.

Hey guys new on here!
Would be awesome if you could check out my Youtube channel. Make mainly racing games but also do others. 
part of X Matty G's noob journey. Check link below for my channel cheers! 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYd-KbLHrYXOOFpD0pf6CUA

:#  :#

Been playing The Division on PS4 lately and its a pretty decent game, never been a fan of third person shooters but this game gets it right.

Oh for bleep sake, was about to pre order a Nintendo Switch from Amazon, but both colours are out of stock. Nintendo are awful with supplying hardware. Still available from other stores, but I'd rather buy from Amazon because I only have to click one button to buy something (I'm lazy) I'll just wait and see what happens.

999 hours played in Ark, madness. With so many mods this game is going to get a lot more time, plus it means I get to play a game online with my brother. To think I only paid £14 for the game.

Preordered a Nintendo Switch from Amazon. They don't have stock so I won't get it until the 9th of March, I'm fine with waiting a few days though. Pretty sure I'm going to sell my Xbox One as it never gets used, especially now the exclusives I care about are on PC.

Damn, the Nier: Automata demo is proper good fun. I have a very clear no pre-order policy, but this game sure tests it.
yeah it does look good. Another impressive game that's looking good is Horizon Zero Dawn. There not so much on my radar though as I'm not that good at hack and slashers and Horizon's a PS4 exclusive but damn it does look good. 

Horizon does look good. The only problem I have with it is its story. Judging by the very telling trailers, I can already see the twist coming. And if my suspicion is true, I'm not impressed.

But then again, I didn't like the story of Dishonored, yet it was easily one of my GOTY candidates for 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fH_wl8ceAg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-20-nintendo-switch-wont-have-any-video-apps-at-launch
And the news just keep getting better and better.

Why is anyone pre-ordering this again?

Because it's a games console.

I have a million other devices to watch videos on. It's like saying why doesn't PS4 work as a device I can use for work. Why is it any of your business as to what people spend money on?

Didn't PS4 fanboys go on and on about Xbox not primarily not being a games console?

Don't get me wrong, there are issues with the Switch, not having Netflix is the least of its problems.

A games console with a complete joke of a launch line up. And judging by past experience with Nintendo, it's not going to get better.
Yet people pre-order already instead of, oh I don't know, maybe wait for a Holiday bundle. Which would feature more content for its money, and more games.

Because I'm not inclined to support an archaic company in any way shape or form. People can support what they want, they can vote what they want, they can eat what they want, and I can tell others about what I not want and/or like. Just like some people feel inclined to tell the whole world how they feel about a supposed gem in the gaming world and then you discover they're talking about flipping Uncharted.

It's weak hardware, there is a lack of software support, hardly any games at launch, the accessories cost a damn fortune, oh and now it features an online service you have to pay for. An online service by a company who has an absolute horrible track record when it comes to online gaming. But at least you get a NES/SNES game every month. Only for that month. After that you have to buy it regularly. What.

And like I said, the same way some people tell others about how they pre-ordered a console, I'm allowed to say why I don't do that, and ask why anyone would do that. And the games argument is weak to say the least, especially at this moment in time.

I don't care what you say about Nintendo, that's your opinion and that's fine. What does bother me is keyboard warriors telling me what I should or shouldn't buy/pre order, as if they have a say in what I spend my money on. Fed up with reading random people say don't pre order, if someone wants to then that's up to them and only them.

To be fair, this is more about not wanting bad business practices to be supported. If you support them, they are going to continue, and worst, they could be adopted by other companies.

And in my opinion, Nintendo qualifies well and truly with their approach to the Switch.

And I'm sick of people buying into the hype and pre-order machinery that was perfected these past few years. It's no longer important to deliver quality as long as you promise it. And it boggles my mind. 

Well I'll support whoever I like with my money thanks, you don't like it then thats fine, but you have no right telling people what they should/shouldn't  spend their money on. Out of the 3 consoles I have the Wii U is the only one that still gets used. The fact that I can play fully fledged Nintendo games on the go and not be stuck with a 3DS is something I've wanted since the Wii U came out with its controller screen. Everyone wants something different from gaming, so saying people buying and enjoying Nintendo consoles are ruining the industry is rather sad.

Sony and Microsoft have been getting away with shoddy business practices for years yet nobody says anything (pay to play online, yes I know  Switch is following this which is bad) and soon there's going to be 3 versions of the Xbox and so far 2 PS4's. Then there's Sony saying they weren't abandoning Vita only to do so a few weeks after. So going after Nintendo as if they are the only ones doing questionable things is rather shortsighted. I mean Sony promoted this game
 https://youtu.be/YD8IdhhQyaQ

Onto a new topic,

I know jump scares only work once, but ******* hell I just had the biggest jump scare in a game  I've ever had whilst playing the Resident Evil 7 demo.

I think if Nintendo support the switch like they have with the Wii U then it will fail.. Some quality games that i'm still playing on my Wii U atm, but there just isn't enough. And the launch lineup isn't great for the Switch, but there are a handful of good releases for the rest of this year. So hopefully they've learnt a lesson, need at least 5-10 quality Nintendo games a year plus the major publisher releases like Fifa, COD ect...

And i can't wait for Resident Evil 7, looks amazing!!