The Game Thread!

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is having an open beta until the 6th, so here's some codes for the PC/Steam version for anybody who wants to try it :)

36FIK-EZ88D-8Y0XM

4A3B2-W4YHW-DA44N

Really enjoying F1 2016 so far, but there's a couple of really annoying things which are getting in the way for me.

Firstly, if the VSC is deployed and I'm close to another car in front, they won't stick to their delta. They usually end up about 2 seconds over it, which means that I'm losing heaps of time to other cars in front.

Also, this is the similar issue for the real Safety Car. I was at Sochi, and the SC was deployed on lap 27/35, so the field was pretty spread out. I made a pit stop (front wing damage) and came out in 17th place (so I'd have fresh super softs while everyone else was on worn mediums), so I had a lot of catching up to do to get on the tail of the SC queue.

Even with the SC being out for 4 laps, I didn't catch the back of the queue in time because Grosjean in front of me was dawdling around. I was about 10 seconds over my delta time, and I would have made it if Grosjean wasn't in front of me, but he was just cruising around, even when the notice came up saying 'SC in this lap'.

When the SC did come in I passed Grosjean immediately but I was about 5 seconds off the next car with 4 laps to go. I managed to catch up quickly and got up to 10th place, but I had a 3 second time penalty (corner cutting), so ended up 12th.

If Grosjean actually went at the correct speed I wouldn't have wasted 2 laps catching them up, and I probably could've got up to 7th place, and maybe end up 9th with the penalty. I was furious!

Also, the front wing damage is a bit confusing, because it seems like it's always the wrong bit of wing that comes off in an incident. Lets say I tap my right front part of the wing on another car, it'll always be the left part of the wing that falls off. Weird.

Also, cars will randomly stop in the middle of the circuit after an incident. At Sochi again, Raikkonen hit Ricciardo at T4 and Raikkonen just suddenly stopped on the racing line. I was so close behind him that I had no time to react and piled in the back of him (that's why I had to pit in the example I described above).

Finally, at Spain the other day, whenever a car came out from a pit stop, they'd negotiate the first 2 corners fine, but then they'd suddenly slow down massively at the exit of T2 / entry of T3. It's so confusing, and again, I nearly had an accident from one of these cars just slamming on the brakes.

Then there's a radio issue where the subtitles always stay on screen saying 'We think there's an alternate strategy, do you want to try it?' blah blah blah. I swear it's on my screen for 70% of the race.

Apart from that, love the game. Career mode is brilliant.

Just realised it's 6:37pm and I've been playing Monster Hunter Generations on 3DS since 12pm, I can see why this game is so popular in Japan, so addictive :joy:

@Hughesy Ive bought Ark survival and its asking me to download a addon in order to play, so my question is do you need the addons in order to play the base game?

There's no addons you need to buy to play the base game. Are you sure you didn't buy Ark scorched Earth? As that is just DLC for the base game.

Maybe it was a server that uses mods, as to just play the game you  don't need anything else.

Hi guys just looking some friendly feedback on my new career mode series.
any help appreciated!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRlq3BQ306E&t=66s

I'm fuming right now, my save for Dark Souls 3 has disappeared. Haven't played it for ages, not sure what happened but I have seen this happen to others. Why doesn't it use cloud saves as well... :s

Hughesy said:
I'm fuming right now, my save for Dark Souls 3 has disappeared. Haven't played it for ages, not sure what happened but I have seen this happen to others. Why doesn't it use cloud saves as well... :s
That's kind of why when I play a game I try to take  it al  the way to the end especially when playing RPG's as they can be quite long but if you leave them for a while you can either lose your save or forget where you left it in terms of your progress and what you planned to do next.

Yep, and it's a painful 40 hours lost, because Dark Souls 3 is by nature very hard. Every Steam game should use cloud saves as a form of backup. DS3 saves aren't in documents, its kept in app data so Windows itself could have deleted it.

Playing through DS3 again wouldn't be so painful if I had someone to co-op with.

Thought I'd just edit my post rather than post another.

I forgot just how good dark Souls 3 is. No game tests your will to succeed like this game. Everything is just perfectly done, I'm not really sure how they better this. So many games just hold your hand these days, whereas this one gets hold of your hand and chops it off :joy:

Huh, I remembered Mass Effect 2 being much harder on insanity. Then again, I played through the trilogy more times than I could count.

By the time Andromeda rolls around I should be done with all the games. Again.

Are you saying Mass Effect is a more difficult game? Because that's just silly :joy: Get to cocky in Mass Effect, you'll take some damage but survive, do the same is Dark Souls and you will die over and over again.

No, I meant I remember it being more difficult than it is, I didn't mean that it's more difficult than a Souls game. Heck, I had to check the difficulty setting to make sure I'm on insanity.

And I reckon Dark Souls II is far more difficult than the third. Mostly due to worse game/level design. Also, I don't think the Souls games are *that* difficult, stuff like Battletoads is still way more difficult than any of the them. But also very clearly unfair.

Oh I see, my bad :joy:

I never bought the 2nd game, I had the 1st one but it was such a shoddy port (forced 720p res and 30fps) but now I'm so into the series I may go back and play the first and get the 2nd.

Huh, I remembered Mass Effect 2 being much harder on insanity. Then again, I played through the trilogy more times than I could count.

By the time Andromeda rolls around I should be done with all the games. Again.

Yeah I think ME2's probably the hardest of the 3 games but all 3 games have their moments. But none of them aer super hard it's one of the main reasons why I like them. Doing a few runs of the trilogy before Andromeda drops as well.

Looking forward to it though it's looking a very good game. The new mechanics are looking a bit confusing but aside from that I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the 15 minute vid they've been promising  should hopefully explain a little bit about how they work. Rumour has it that comes out later this week sometime so that'll be good when it does

My character in Dark Souls 3 is looking pretty badass. That massive axe upgraded along with my strength stat does over 400 damage. The armor is funny due to the description. It belonged to a knight who ran from something weeing and pooing himself. So yea I'm wearing it as it looks great and is a good all rounder.

I haven't really had much time for gaming recently, but this thread is reminding me of what Im missing out on.

Must admit I'm loving the new fluid nature of ME Andromeda's combat it looks so much fun can't wait to get my hands on this baby. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

Must admit I'm loving the new fluid nature of ME Andromeda's combat it looks so much fun can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

That does look fun. I briefly played Mass Effect 1 & 2, and I really liked certain aspects of them a lot, but I have a hard time maintaining interest in games where I feel like I spend more time in menus & NPC dialog than I spend actively "playing." I like story-rich games, but I think there are more fun ways to convey story elements than simply making players sit endlessly reading on-screen text and/or listening to dialog. I find it frustrating to be told about all these areas to explore, abilities & weapons to unlock & upgrade, and battles to fight, only to spend most of my time in-game reading, waiting, and/or grinding instead of doing the exciting things the game advertises. If this next Mass Effect game is balanced more towards active playing instead of passively watching like it's a television show/movie, then I could see myself buying it & enjoying it.

Operator1 said:

Must admit I'm loving the new fluid nature of ME Andromeda's combat it looks so much fun can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

That does look fun. I briefly played Mass Effect 1 & 2, and I really liked certain aspects of them a lot, but I have a hard time maintaining interest in games where I feel like I spend more time in menus & NPC dialog than I spend actively "playing." I like story-rich games, but I think there are more fun ways to convey story elements than simply making players sit endlessly reading on-screen text and/or listening to dialog. I find it frustrating to be told about all these areas to explore, abilities & weapons to unlock & upgrade, and battles to fight, only to spend most of my time in-game reading, waiting, and/or grinding instead of doing the exciting things the game advertises. If this next Mass Effect game is balanced more towards active playing instead of passively watching like it's a television show/movie, then I could see myself buying it & enjoying it.

yeah that's one of the things with RPG's though you do have to pay attention to what's going on around you and upgrade and choose your powers carefully. Thankfully with ME it usually is a lot simpler than with other RPG's. Although having said that they have reworked the system for this game. But personally I've never really had a problem with Bioware's games.

My only concern is can I adapt to the fact there's no pause to aim for powers in MEA other than that I like what I'm seeing. You can pause to change weapons but in MEA we won't be able to do that with powers anymore like we could in the trilogy. But in my early runs of the trilogy I never used pause to aim so I'll just likely revert to using those tactics again and hope it serves me just as well as when I was learning the ropes in the trilogy. I think it's because they're aiming for a more fluid combat system that works well in both single player and multiplayer. Not that I'm interested in MP but still hopefully it won' t mess up my enjoyment of single player too much.