The Game Thread!

We played F1 for over 5 hours last night. Every single race something bad happened to me or Dave. I'd say the most hilarious was when I got a twitch in my thumb and steered myself into a wall :joy: 

Don't know wher al the hate for MEA is coming from because having spent the last couple of days playing it I've been enjoying it. The only glitc hI've faced was a bit of stuttering coming out of menus and back into the action which I've actually managed to fix by disabling my SLI other than that it's working perfectly.

Don't know wher al the hate for MEA is coming from because having spent the last couple of days playing it I've been enjoying it. The only glitc hI've faced was a bit of stuttering coming out of menus and back into the action which I've actually managed to fix by disabling my SLI other than that it's working perfectly.

I've had a few bugs here and there, getting stuck on a loading screen was about the worst of it so far. But I've put 27 hours into it since Thursday evening, and fuck whatever the reviewers think, I absolutely love Andromeda.

I've had a few bugs here and there, getting stuck on a loading screen was about the worst of it so far. But I've put 27 hours into it since Thursday evening, and **** whatever the reviewers think, I absolutely love Andromeda.
yeah the fast paced action took a little while to get used to at first but thankfully my biggest concern was it would be too hard for me to play because of that and the new power system thankfully I'm finding it no harder than the trilogy really so far in terms of combat. Yes I've died a few times but then I've died a few times on the trilogy as well and still do when I play it. Yeah it got stuck on a loading screen earlier on me too so had to reload from an earlier save but I'm really enjoying the story. For once I'd say the reviewers have got it wrong. Yes the facial animations are a bit bad but that aside I'd say that's the only negative I can find on it so far. But then I didn't think they were that great in DAI either so I'd put it probably down to Frostbite than anything.

I've had a few bugs here and there, getting stuck on a loading screen was about the worst of it so far. But I've put 27 hours into it since Thursday evening, and **** whatever the reviewers think, I absolutely love Andromeda.
yeah the fast paced action took a little while to get used to at first but thankfully my biggest concern was it would be too hard for me to play because of that and the new power system thankfully I'm finding it no harder than the trilogy really so far in terms of combat. Yes I've died a few times but then I've died a few times on the trilogy as well and still do when I play it. Yeah it got stuck on a loading screen earlier on me too so had to reload from an earlier save but I'm really enjoying the story. For once I'd say the reviewers have got it wrong. Yes the facial animations are a bit bad but that aside I'd say that's the only negative I can find on it so far. But then I didn't think they were that great in DAI either so I'd put it probably down to Frostbite than anything.
Think I've died twice so far, and both times it did annoy me that I'd have to start the fight all over again. The first time it happened was fighting one of those massive Architect's on Voeld, I was seconds from killing it when I died, then had to restart the entire fight.

As for the facial animations, they seem on par to ME 1,2, and 3 to me. People saying they're the worst of the 4 games probably haven't played the first 3. I don't care what the critics are saying though, they can bash it all they want. Any game that can get me to play 27 hours of it in the first 4 days of it's release is bloody good to me.

Think I've died twice so far, and both times it did annoy me that I'd have to start the fight all over again. The first time it happened was fighting one of those massive Architect's on Voeld, I was seconds from killing it when I died, then had to restart the entire fight.

As for the facial animations, they seem on par to ME 1,2, and 3 to me. People saying they're the worst of the 4 games probably haven't played the first 3. I don't care what the critics are saying though, they can bash it all they want. Any game that can get me to play 27 hours of it in the first 4 days of it's release is bloody good to me.
yeah the facial animations aren't perfect but they're far from disastrous though as Bioware don't usually get stuff like that wrong. But yeah the big boss type fights are quite challenging. At least it looks like they've improved on that from DAI as some of the boss fights there were quite easy. Not that I mind it too much as I'm more interested in the story than the combat when it comes to Bioware's games. Yeah just started on Voeld myself and died about 3 or 4 times trying to kill the boss who kidnapped the Moshae. Tough fight but one I found I definitely needed to stay mobile in as his powers are pretty damaging. Managed to nail it in the end but all good. So far I'm really enjoying my Biotic infiltrator that I'm RP'ing. I'm really enjoying being able to mix 2 classes together a bit. I know you can pick up powers from anywhere more or less but I'm trying to limit myself to taking abilities from a mix of 1 or 2 classes like in the trilogy to give it a bit more of a challenge. I've got 46 hours logged in on it so far

Announce PC version please
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/846406524347940871

yeah the facial animations aren't perfect but they're far from disastrous though as Bioware don't usually get stuff like that wrong. But yeah the big boss type fights are quite challenging. At least it looks like they've improved on that from DAI as some of the boss fights there were quite easy. Not that I mind it too much as I'm more interested in the story than the combat when it comes to Bioware's games. Yeah just started on Voeld myself and died about 3 or 4 times trying to kill the boss who kidnapped the Moshae. Tough fight but one I found I definitely needed to stay mobile in as his powers are pretty damaging. Managed to nail it in the end but all good. So far I'm really enjoying my Biotic infiltrator that I'm RP'ing. I'm really enjoying being able to mix 2 classes together a bit. I know you can pick up powers from anywhere more or less but I'm trying to limit myself to taking abilities from a mix of 1 or 2 classes like in the trilogy to give it a bit more of a challenge. I've got 46 hours logged in on it so far
The Moshae boss was my second death :p That one has that attack where if you get caught in the energy sphere the Cardinal can insta-teleport to you and just fuck you up lol. I got caught that way. Second time I did it though I messed up the Cardinal good and proper, did much better. I kept a distance though and used a sniper rifle the second time.

So far I've not used any of the biotic stuff :p Was never really my thing in the previous games either. I think my class thing says that I'm a combat infiltrator, and my main two powers are the stealth cloak and flamethrower lol.

@Hughesy, I'm gonna be PO'd massively if Destiny 2 doesn't come to PC. Loved the first one but screw consoles.

The Moshae boss was my second death :p That one has that attack where if you get caught in the energy sphere the Cardinal can insta-teleport to you and just **** you up lol. I got caught that way. Second time I did it though I messed up the Cardinal good and proper, did much better. I kept a distance though and used a sniper rifle the second time.

So far I've not used any of the biotic stuff :p Was never really my thing in the previous games either. I think my class thing says that I'm a combat infiltrator, and my main two powers are the stealth cloak and flamethrower lol.

@Hughesy, I'm gonna be PO'd massively if Destiny 2 doesn't come to PC. Loved the first one but screw consoles.
yeah that's what I did in the end as well when he tried to teleport near me I just zipped out of there using my jump jets and hit him again once I got a clear shot. I've always liked the biotics in ME but then I love playing a bit of everything in the game. Adept and Soldier were always my 2 favourite classes in the trilogy and still are

@Matthew77258 Did you get on last night because I completely forgot? 
I was in bed all night. I believe your city has given me the flu. 

Your irrelevant country town immune system isn't built for the city.
It's not my fault your city is full of diseases. 

But depending on how I feel I may pop on tonight, if not, tomorrow?

I'll head on around 8ish if you're still up for it @onetwothree?

Well @sjsharp2010 is going to love this. I bought Mass Effect Andromeda, mainly because @RevolvingPrawn kept badgering me to get it :joy:

And it has to be said, actually playing it, the issues have been blown out of proportion. The game isn't perfect, but the game play is great. I always thought gun play in the previous games was the weakest point,  but in this it's awesome. 

The graphics are stunning, why this doesn't come over in videos I don't know. But near the start when you get in a shuttle to go to a planet, it's some of the best graphics I have ever seen on PC. I'm not even running max settings, yet it still looks stunning. 

Some of the voice acting can be a bit bland, but the videos I've watched don't paint it in  good or fair light. 

There's only one character that has made me want to punch my monitor, my face is tired lady :joy: I don't think it's possible for her face to look tired, as she's clearly had botox. So except from her it's been great. 

I actually quite like Addison, despite the overuse of makeup and her face hurting lol. She's no-nonsense, gets shit done, and says what she wants even if it's insulting to the person she's talking to.

Tann is the real A-hole, he changes his opinion instantly to make himself look good to the Pathfinder, and is all about image rather than actually doing anything. He's the one character I've really disliked so far.

I'm sorry but that line my face is tired is stupid, what does that even mean. If she just said she's  tired that would make sense, but not that. It's hilarious, but silly :joy:

On it's own it is a great game and the negatives have all been greatly exaggerated. For me personally, the main problem with it is the name. They shouldn't have called it Mass Effect I think. It doesn't feel like part of that series and I think that's what a few people's issue has been with it. Compared to the trilogy it feels pretty weak but as it's own entity, it's fantastic.
Personally, I'm playing it as if it wasn't part of the series. It feels like a better game that way.

That's because it's not part of the other games, hence it's not called Mass Effect 4. It still feels like Mass Effect to me, but a new beginning, which is exactly what they were going for. Some of it is a little rough, but it's such a big game I can forgive those bits.